R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2011, 05:13 AM   #1411
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quick View Post
I need to improof my lap times. Need help to stay up with the Tekins and Speed Passions.

My Setup:
Motor : Ballistic 13.5
Timing : Zero
Start Power : High
Boost Timing : 35
Cheat Mode : 9000 - 20100
FDR : 5.4 on foam tires.

I lack pace on the in field mostly
If you are looking for more infield rip raise your FDR to 6.8 - 7.2. Then adjust your timing for the straight.
Give this a try and see if your infield performance increases.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:15 AM   #1412
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to EricL
Default broken shaft!

has any one had any issues with the end of the shaft braking off?
I had a brand new motor with less than 2 minutes of runtime snap right off while it was running in the car.

Gear mesh was fine and screws were tight on the motor.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM   #1413
Tech Regular

Default Fittting

hello, Just tunning in to get some ideas. I just bought an old RDX to start to run EP onroad and I got a MMP. So now I find that I have a little room for the MMP and am wondering howmany have taken the speedo apart to accomodate on there chassis. If you have pics to post or have seen them posted with this mod please post.

Thanks,
havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #1414
Tech Regular

Another quick question, I plan on running 17.5t Citrix motor. Can I run w/o the fan? I live in the tropics where temps are 80-90 and humid.

thanks
havy
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM   #1415
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by havy View Post
hello, Just tunning in to get some ideas. I just bought an old RDX to start to run EP onroad and I got a MMP. So now I find that I have a little room for the MMP and am wondering howmany have taken the speedo apart to accomodate on there chassis. If you have pics to post or have seen them posted with this mod please post.

Thanks,
havy
When i was running one in my xray which has the same sevo mount style, i turned it parallel with the motor, my spektrum mini receiver was mounted between that and the servo and my transponder was on top of the servo, i would not recommend taking it out of the case for sedan because i believe that takes the heat sink off, if the heat sink can stay on and you can remove the case, go for it if you want, im pretty sure that will void any warranty on the speedo though. and not to "jack" the forum but if you need help with setup for your RDX PM me for any help you might need.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:02 PM   #1416
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Another quick question, I plan on running 17.5t Citrix motor. Can I run w/o the fan? I live in the tropics where temps are 80-90 and humid.

thanks
havy
i would run the fan to start, in that heat and humidity it could over heat the speedo quickly.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1417
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. cold as Ice. I guess I shouldn't try w/o the fan. It is just such a tight fit. the fan won't fit under the top deck and I don't think I can do it with the sensors toward the middle. Guess I'm gonna have to figuer this out.

Thanks
havy
Old 03-21-2011, 03:55 PM   #1418
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Thanks for the info. cold as Ice. I guess I shouldn't try w/o the fan. It is just such a tight fit. the fan won't fit under the top deck and I don't think I can do it with the sensors toward the middle. Guess I'm gonna have to figuer this out.

Thanks
havy
No fan should be fine even in the heat. Even in 17.5 boosted it never gets evn warm.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:01 PM   #1419
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Thanks,
havy
I run with out the fan. I removed the switch completely soldered on the board so the esc is on when you plug it in. I also shortened the receiver lead. I know a couple of guys that also shortened the heat sink with no ill effects.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #1420
Tech Regular

Macdude,
cool, goona try it w/o the fan first. I've run the previous mamba max w/ a plettinberg shadow(6 pole sensorless inrunner) w/o overheating issues so I hope the MMP works as good.
thanks

havy
Old 03-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #1421
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Macdude,
cool, goona try it w/o the fan first. I've run the previous mamba max w/ a plettinberg shadow(6 pole sensorless inrunner) w/o overheating issues so I hope the MMP works as good.
thanks

havy
You should be good to go. I run it in an 1/8 scale buggy too with 4S lipo and it handles that without a problem. And according to castle the MMP has better FET's than the Mamba monster or the older mamba max.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #1422
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

I know this is onroad but I am hoping you guys can help
I am running a trinity d3 550 5.5t in my losi scte and I was wondering where to start with the timing advance activation range. The rpm scale is similar to a 13.5 or 10.5
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM   #1423
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
I know this is onroad but I am hoping you guys can help
I am running a trinity d3 550 5.5t in my losi scte and I was wondering where to start with the timing advance activation range. The rpm scale is similar to a 13.5 or 10.5
First I would try it with no boost and running it in smartsense mode. This is the most effecent way to run a larger motor. If you still seem like you need more rip then try sensored only mode. But I am willing to bet that you won't need too. Boost would only be used if you where on a huge track and wanted to get a little more top speed out of the motor. I have run a couple 4x4 SC trucks with the 550 5.5T and none needed any more rip. The fact that dirt limits your effective use of torque makes a better option to use torque control in the ESC to prevent wheel spin out of the corners.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #1424
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I downloaded the beta 1.30 version and got to the track and the nuetral would not set so I constantly had a blinking yellow light. I had to go back to 1.22 version to get it to sync properly? has anyone had this issue? Could it be my radio?

THanks
Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #1425
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson214 View Post
I downloaded the beta 1.30 version and got to the track and the nuetral would not set so I constantly had a blinking yellow light. I had to go back to 1.22 version to get it to sync properly? has anyone had this issue? Could it be my radio?

THanks
The yellow light is the new roar requirement for zero timing mode. If you have no cheat mode then it will blink when in neutral. you didn't do anything wrong.