R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #1171
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

I tried 5.8 to 6.2 car is slower but with the setup I ended up my car is as fast as the tekins/LRP on the straight with 5.6 FDR but lucking some bottom end. Novak motors don't like to be geared on the high end. My motor temp suprisingly at 185 degree considering the amount of timing I have on the motor and ESC....

My friend actually won the race with his MAMBA MAX Pro/HB Cyclone and I finish 3rd... I setup most of the guys at my track that are using a MMP ESC but with the same setup my car is slowwww....... I switch to TM E4 from MI4 with the same setup car is slowwww maybe because the 3 belt causing more drag???? I only got the car for few months still learning and trying to get the car up to speed but so far it the best handling car I have ever driven..
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #1172
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: richmond va
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I tried 5.8 to 6.2 car is slower but with the setup I ended up my car is as fast as the tekins/LRP on the straight with 5.6 FDR but lucking some bottom end. Novak motors don't like to be geared on the high end. My motor temp suprisingly at 185 degree considering the amount of timing I have on the motor and ESC....

My friend actually won the race with his MAMBA MAX Pro/HB Cyclone and I finish 3rd... I setup most of the guys at my track that are using a MMP ESC but with the same setup my car is slowwww....... I switch to TM E4 from MI4 with the same setup car is slowwww maybe because the 3 belt causing more drag???? I only got the car for few months still learning and trying to get the car up to speed but so far it the best handling car I have ever driven..
i need to talk to your friends

im running a cyclone tc with 16t pulleys ,tekin 17.5 with mamba max pro esc. for some reason cant get temps under 180 even running 100/30(64 pitch) spur pinion combo. im running 50 cheat boost on esc and 12 degrees timing on the motor. i have the boost set for 5200- 20k. when i run less cheat or timing my car cant touch the other cars at the track mostly everyone is running 17.5 full tekin combo.anyone else running mmpro have any setups i can try?
Jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #1173
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
New software revision today (7-19) includes wheel torque control -- not some wussy "timing delay," but true torque control.
Does this software have any benefit for Spec racing where traction is high?, i have looked at the software, and im not sure why you would want to limit torque or forward power for 17.5/13.5 ? Will this software give any additional top end?, or is this more for off-road or mod racing where you want finer throttle control
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #1174
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Does this software have any benefit for Spec racing where traction is high?, i have looked at the software, and im not sure why you would want to limit torque or forward power for 17.5/13.5 ? Will this software give any additional top end?, or is this more for off-road or mod racing where you want finer throttle control
Our largest complaint has been the amount of additional torque our timing software gives during heavy acceleration out of corners. This new software prevents wheel spin during heavy acceleration.

We do have a faster version of software timing for the next release.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #1175
Tech Master
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,075
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

That's good news but how long before a new (hopefully smaller) speedo appears ?
LRP's new speedo(s) just came out.
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #1176
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
That's good news but how long before a new (hopefully smaller) speedo appears ?
LRP's new speedo(s) just came out.
Thanks.
Beta testing now.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #1177
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Our largest complaint has been the amount of additional torque our timing software gives during heavy acceleration out of corners. This new software prevents wheel spin during heavy acceleration.

We do have a faster version of software timing for the next release.

Thats good for the mod racers, but us spec racers need some love too.. I assume the next release will only be end of the year, if you look at the current release cycle for the mamba software?
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #1178
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,062
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Thats good for the mod racers, but us spec racers need some love too.. I assume the next release will only be end of the year, if you look at the current release cycle for the mamba software?
If its beta testing now it won't be the end of the year for the next software upgrade with the extra timing.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #1179
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
If its beta testing now it won't be the end of the year for the next software upgrade with the extra timing.
pdelcast said "beta testing" in regards to the smaller esc question i believe?
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1180
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
that will be the KV of your motor the higher the KV means more power and faster motor... my Ballistic only reach 2048 KV
ok now heres my other question...it said check your kv & what would be a good starting point??
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #1181
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
ok now heres my other question...it said check your kv & what would be a good starting point??
Higher Kv doesn't necessarily mean faster -- Kv and torque are inversely proportional -- so as Kv drops, torque increases and vice-versa...

A good starting point for torque control testing would be 1/3 your battery voltage. So if you are running a 3S lipo, nominal voltage would be about 11 Volts, so a good start for torque control would be about 3.5

If you have too much torque, reduce the torque control number
If you don't have enough torque, increase the torque control number.

The torque control setting is higher=more torque, lower = less torque
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #1182
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

This is what I need more torque I need more comming out the corner... I lost the race last weekend on the in field....
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #1183
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Higher Kv doesn't necessarily mean faster -- Kv and torque are inversely proportional -- so as Kv drops, torque increases and vice-versa...

A good starting point for torque control testing would be 1/3 your battery voltage. So if you are running a 3S lipo, nominal voltage would be about 11 Volts, so a good start for torque control would be about 3.5

If you have too much torque, reduce the torque control number
If you don't have enough torque, increase the torque control number.

The torque control setting is higher=more torque, lower = less torque
thanks!!...cant wait to try this out
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #1184
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Now I can run mod with my MMP...
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #1185
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,062
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
pdelcast said "beta testing" in regards to the smaller esc question i believe?
Possible but I know the engineers at Castle are always working on improvements. Its a never ending. Along with they have other products to keep updating as well in their boat, heli, and plane line of speedos so it just takes some time.

Most companies do not have the extensive line or products like Castle does thats for sure.

From talking with Joe Ford all the time I can tell you its pretty hectic at Castle with the move and all the new products that they are working on. I wonder if these guys ever get any sleep.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread sharkman Electric Off-Road 18801 04-23-2017 03:49 PM
Mamba Max Pro BlueWalker Electric Off-Road 3283 06-20-2016 10:51 AM
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 03:38 PM
the Chopping Block-Crawler Wheels. ESC/Motor Combos-Baja stuff Timmahh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 05-23-2009 11:33 PM
Compatability of brushless ESC's and motors between makes Iceracer Electric On-Road 16 03-21-2007 07:00 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net