R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #1171
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I tried 5.8 to 6.2 car is slower but with the setup I ended up my car is as fast as the tekins/LRP on the straight with 5.6 FDR but lucking some bottom end. Novak motors don't like to be geared on the high end. My motor temp suprisingly at 185 degree considering the amount of timing I have on the motor and ESC....

My friend actually won the race with his MAMBA MAX Pro/HB Cyclone and I finish 3rd... I setup most of the guys at my track that are using a MMP ESC but with the same setup my car is slowwww....... I switch to TM E4 from MI4 with the same setup car is slowwww maybe because the 3 belt causing more drag???? I only got the car for few months still learning and trying to get the car up to speed but so far it the best handling car I have ever driven..

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #1172
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I tried 5.8 to 6.2 car is slower but with the setup I ended up my car is as fast as the tekins/LRP on the straight with 5.6 FDR but lucking some bottom end. Novak motors don't like to be geared on the high end. My motor temp suprisingly at 185 degree considering the amount of timing I have on the motor and ESC....

My friend actually won the race with his MAMBA MAX Pro/HB Cyclone and I finish 3rd... I setup most of the guys at my track that are using a MMP ESC but with the same setup my car is slowwww....... I switch to TM E4 from MI4 with the same setup car is slowwww maybe because the 3 belt causing more drag???? I only got the car for few months still learning and trying to get the car up to speed but so far it the best handling car I have ever driven..
i need to talk to your friends

im running a cyclone tc with 16t pulleys ,tekin 17.5 with mamba max pro esc. for some reason cant get temps under 180 even running 100/30(64 pitch) spur pinion combo. im running 50 cheat boost on esc and 12 degrees timing on the motor. i have the boost set for 5200- 20k. when i run less cheat or timing my car cant touch the other cars at the track mostly everyone is running 17.5 full tekin combo.anyone else running mmpro have any setups i can try?
Jmfknpizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #1173
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
New software revision today (7-19) includes wheel torque control -- not some wussy "timing delay," but true torque control.
Does this software have any benefit for Spec racing where traction is high?, i have looked at the software, and im not sure why you would want to limit torque or forward power for 17.5/13.5 ? Will this software give any additional top end?, or is this more for off-road or mod racing where you want finer throttle control
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:14 AM   #1174
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
Does this software have any benefit for Spec racing where traction is high?, i have looked at the software, and im not sure why you would want to limit torque or forward power for 17.5/13.5 ? Will this software give any additional top end?, or is this more for off-road or mod racing where you want finer throttle control
Our largest complaint has been the amount of additional torque our timing software gives during heavy acceleration out of corners. This new software prevents wheel spin during heavy acceleration.

We do have a faster version of software timing for the next release.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #1175
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's good news but how long before a new (hopefully smaller) speedo appears ?
LRP's new speedo(s) just came out.
Thanks.
jag88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #1176
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag88 View Post
That's good news but how long before a new (hopefully smaller) speedo appears ?
LRP's new speedo(s) just came out.
Thanks.
Beta testing now.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #1177
Tech Adept

Quote:
Our largest complaint has been the amount of additional torque our timing software gives during heavy acceleration out of corners. This new software prevents wheel spin during heavy acceleration.

We do have a faster version of software timing for the next release.

Thats good for the mod racers, but us spec racers need some love too.. I assume the next release will only be end of the year, if you look at the current release cycle for the mamba software?
Old 07-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #1178
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Thats good for the mod racers, but us spec racers need some love too.. I assume the next release will only be end of the year, if you look at the current release cycle for the mamba software?
If its beta testing now it won't be the end of the year for the next software upgrade with the extra timing.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 AM   #1179
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
If its beta testing now it won't be the end of the year for the next software upgrade with the extra timing.
pdelcast said "beta testing" in regards to the smaller esc question i believe?
Old 07-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #1180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
that will be the KV of your motor the higher the KV means more power and faster motor... my Ballistic only reach 2048 KV
ok now heres my other question...it said check your kv & what would be a good starting point??
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #1181
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
ok now heres my other question...it said check your kv & what would be a good starting point??
Higher Kv doesn't necessarily mean faster -- Kv and torque are inversely proportional -- so as Kv drops, torque increases and vice-versa...

A good starting point for torque control testing would be 1/3 your battery voltage. So if you are running a 3S lipo, nominal voltage would be about 11 Volts, so a good start for torque control would be about 3.5

If you have too much torque, reduce the torque control number
If you don't have enough torque, increase the torque control number.

The torque control setting is higher=more torque, lower = less torque
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #1182
Tech Elite

This is what I need more torque I need more comming out the corner... I lost the race last weekend on the in field....

Old 07-20-2010, 02:37 PM   #1183
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Higher Kv doesn't necessarily mean faster -- Kv and torque are inversely proportional -- so as Kv drops, torque increases and vice-versa...

A good starting point for torque control testing would be 1/3 your battery voltage. So if you are running a 3S lipo, nominal voltage would be about 11 Volts, so a good start for torque control would be about 3.5

If you have too much torque, reduce the torque control number
If you don't have enough torque, increase the torque control number.

The torque control setting is higher=more torque, lower = less torque
thanks!!...cant wait to try this out
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #1184
Tech Elite

Now I can run mod with my MMP...

Old 07-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #1185
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
pdelcast said "beta testing" in regards to the smaller esc question i believe?
Possible but I know the engineers at Castle are always working on improvements. Its a never ending. Along with they have other products to keep updating as well in their boat, heli, and plane line of speedos so it just takes some time.

Most companies do not have the extensive line or products like Castle does thats for sure.

From talking with Joe Ford all the time I can tell you its pretty hectic at Castle with the move and all the new products that they are working on. I wonder if these guys ever get any sleep.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote