Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Here's a startup setup for MOD:

Profile = C.H.E.A.T MODE
MMP Timing = 26 degrees
Start RPM = 12,000
End RPM = 30,000
Punch Control = High (To prevent wheel spin)
Start Power = LOW
Throttle Curve = Linear
starting FDR?
9,5-10?
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #1112
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quick View Post
Hi All
I got myself a MMP and just want to know what settings to try in cheat mode for 13.5 class or would someone share their settings. I'm running a 13.5 Ballistic motor.

Thanx in advance
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-diaztracklayout1.jpg

I need help with CHEAT mode settings and FDR for this track PLEASE with 13.5 Ballistic.
2Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:08 PM   #1113
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Keep the timing on the motor at factory setting but adjust the timing on your MMP. Again don't use MOD motor below 6.5T or it will be undrivable unless your really in a huge flowing 1/8th scale track when slowing down is not really necessary.
Sorry, but I disagree massively with this statement...
We've (well not me personally, but the HHUK team) have been running the MMP happily with a 3.5t, and it certainly isnt undriveable... yes, it can be a little lary on power, but it is open modified afterall, you can't just expect to pick it up and drive it like a stock

Looking at the setting you've suggested, I would personally ditch the punch control, at the very least don't run it high, as it simply robs feeling, and doesnt allow you the motor to work properly at lower revs. Hate to say it, but if you need to kurb the wheelspin, use less throttle thumb...

Also, the rev ramp kicking in at 12,000 rpm will do no favours... thats too low in the rev range for a modified, you need to let the motor get you out the turn before having the speedo bring in the timing.. To support this, we're also running our 10.5's with a rev range 15,200-31,000, and 45 of timing, and they sing down the straight, but are smooth off the turn.

As for the other settings used, looking on the file in front of me;
Timing; 16deg
RPM; 25000-31,6000
Start power; Medium
Dead Band; smallest (0.0250ms)
Punch Control; 0%
Brake amount; 100%
Drag brake; 0%
FDR; 7.6
Motor; SP v2 3.5t, middle timing (B under centre tab)

The track we were on is also one of the toughest on motors and brakes, as it's reasonable speed, but with three hard braking and acceleration zones... if the speedo works round there, it generally works well everywhere else! Compared to the nosram in one A.Hara's car this weekend, that above setup had more poney down the straight...

Regards
Ed
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #1114
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quick View Post
Attachment 603580

I need help with CHEAT mode settings and FDR for this track PLEASE with 13.5 Ballistic.
I would start with:

Brake: 100%
Drag Brake: 0%
Start power: Low
Punch: disabled
C.E.A.T.H : mode on
Timing: 50
RPM: 5000 - 15100
FDR: 6
KweetNiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #1115
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by KweetNiet View Post
I would start with:

Brake: 100%
Drag Brake: 0%
Start power: Low
Punch: disabled
C.E.A.T.H : mode on
Timing: 50
RPM: 5000 - 15100
FDR: 6
Thanx..much appreciated.
2Quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #1116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks for clarifying that TryHard I haven't really play with MMP with MOd motor. Last time I rum MMP with MOD it's just too aggresive for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Sorry, but I disagree massively with this statement...
We've (well not me personally, but the HHUK team) have been running the MMP happily with a 3.5t, and it certainly isnt undriveable... yes, it can be a little lary on power, but it is open modified afterall, you can't just expect to pick it up and drive it like a stock

Looking at the setting you've suggested, I would personally ditch the punch control, at the very least don't run it high, as it simply robs feeling, and doesnt allow you the motor to work properly at lower revs. Hate to say it, but if you need to kurb the wheelspin, use less throttle thumb...

Also, the rev ramp kicking in at 12,000 rpm will do no favours... thats too low in the rev range for a modified, you need to let the motor get you out the turn before having the speedo bring in the timing.. To support this, we're also running our 10.5's with a rev range 15,200-31,000, and 45 of timing, and they sing down the straight, but are smooth off the turn.

Timing; 16deg
RPM; 25000-31,6000
Start power; Medium
Punch Control; 0%
Brake amount; 100%
Drag brake; 0%
FDR; 7.6

The track we were on is also one of the toughest on motors and brakes, as it's reasonable speed, but with three hard braking and acceleration zones... if the speedo works round there, it generally works well everywhere else! Compared to the nosram in one A.Hara's car this weekend, that above setup had more poney down the straight...

Regards
Ed

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:48 AM   #1117
sxg
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys,

Really nice setups you have there for the MMP.
Would you have by any chance an idea of an RPM range I could use in CHEAT mode for a CRC GEN X 10 in 235mm with a 10.5T X12? Its for a large asphalt track mainly used by 1/10 and 1/8 Gas powered cars.

Thanks

Sam
sxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #1118
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Timing; 16deg
RPM; 25000-31,6000
Start power; Medium
Punch Control; 0%
Brake amount; 100%
Drag brake; 0%
FDR; 7.6
FDR 7.6 is that in a touring car? what does that translate to in a pancar? I been trying to get my head around gearing and all examples are I find are for touring cars?

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:25 PM   #1119
Tech Regular

Default My MMMpro died

Hi
I was out driving my Xray X10 link with the 5,5T motor and the mamba Max Pro when all of a sudden it cuts out and failsafes onto the gras....
Dead!!
Motor not hot.
ESC NOT Hot.
battery NOT hot.
No cable broken (that I can see)
Tryed another battery same thing no responce at all.
Nothing happens when trying to switch it on.

It is now to late in the evening to examine som I will look into it tomorrow and investigate if the switch has gone bad, otherwise it is a broken ESC?

sad sad times!

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #1120
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tudor_47 View Post
Hi
I was out driving my Xray X10 link with the 5,5T motor and the mamba Max Pro when all of a sudden it cuts out and failsafes onto the gras....
Dead!!
Motor not hot.
ESC NOT Hot.
battery NOT hot.
No cable broken (that I can see)
Tryed another battery same thing no responce at all.
Nothing happens when trying to switch it on.

It is now to late in the evening to examine som I will look into it tomorrow and investigate if the switch has gone bad, otherwise it is a broken ESC?

sad sad times!
I have now in the light of day measured some on the ESC with my voltmeter and if I measure the voltage over the switch it is 8. something volts..
if I then move the switch to 'ON' position the voltage stays at 8. something volts so it is most likely a broken switch...

Old 06-25-2010, 06:02 AM   #1121
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default Quick question

I don't get to run brushless as much as would like with my touring car so wanted to see if anyone noticed what I see happening on my car.

When I get to the end of a a long straightaway and let off the the throttle all the way I notice it seems like my car has tons of drag brake even with it turned off the speedo. It only does it at the end of any tracks long straight away and never happens in the infield. It is weird thing I have noticed. I have a few new MMP's but never put in any of my new ones to see if it just the one I use or if they all seem to do it. It also only happens if I let off all the way on the throttle but if I'm on 1/4 throttle or more I don't ever see of feel it happening.

I don't get to race but 1 time or so a month and even though I race for Castle I just don't get to do much testing to be honest so thought I would see if anyone else has this happening. Next time I run I will just put in another speedo to see if it does it with that one. Might be I need to get something fixed on my MMP.

Thanks
Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM   #1122
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I don't get to run brushless as much as would like with my touring car so wanted to see if anyone noticed what I see happening on my car.

When I get to the end of a a long straightaway and let off the the throttle all the way I notice it seems like my car has tons of drag brake even with it turned off the speedo. It only does it at the end of any tracks long straight away and never happens in the infield. It is weird thing I have noticed. I have a few new MMP's but never put in any of my new ones to see if it just the one I use or if they all seem to do it. It also only happens if I let off all the way on the throttle but if I'm on 1/4 throttle or more I don't ever see of feel it happening.

I don't get to race but 1 time or so a month and even though I race for Castle I just don't get to do much testing to be honest so thought I would see if anyone else has this happening. Next time I run I will just put in another speedo to see if it does it with that one. Might be I need to get something fixed on my MMP.

Thanks
Brian
Brian,

Ive never noticed an excessive amount of drag brake in mine, although I do feel it has more than say tekin (the only other one im familiar with) at 0. Maybe try re-calibrating the ESC?

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/Tekin/Sweep Racing/RSD/180 Raceway/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid/Sanwa
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:18 AM   #1123
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post

Thanks
Brian
wow..mines is doing that too..i thought it was shifting down from the rpm range..lets us know if 1 of ur other mmp does the same thing
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #1124
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
Brian,

Ive never noticed an excessive amount of drag brake in mine, although I do feel it has more than say tekin (the only other one im familiar with) at 0. Maybe try re-calibrating the ESC?
+1 -- recalibrating the ESC should solve the issue. If the ESC is not actually "neutral" at the neutral position, you might be getting braking when not applying brakes.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #1125
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
+1 -- recalibrating the ESC should solve the issue. If the ESC is not actually "neutral" at the neutral position, you might be getting braking when not applying brakes.
Ok will do. I just don't get to run enough to be sure so let me test more and recalibrate everything and reset all my settings so iI can see what happens.

Thanks for the great ideas.

Brian
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote