R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #1051
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
G your right the rpm range has huge affect on temps of your motor, speed and how smooth the power hits.

Once I get the rpm range right my car has tons of punch and my motor temps come down without loosing any speed.
You gonna make it up to Jackson's memorial day race? Im looking forward to unleashing the beast with 13.5 for the 1st time

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #1052
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
You gonna make it up to Jackson's memorial day race? Im looking forward to unleashing the beast with 13.5 for the 1st time
I will be moving to my new to me house that weekend. but after that I will be able to start doing some racing.

Be interested on how you make out in 13.5 at Jackson. Can't wait to see how you like the MMP at Jackson and how you end up running. I know for me my MMP is fast enough for me and especially if I adjust it right. Once you get the stuff right it really runs great and for the price it is even that much better.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #1053
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Weezy and i are on the same track and the same car... I havnt had any thing go wrong with it... It is just wierd that he set his to what mine is even went to like 5.5 gearing and i am at 4.7. He still had problems with it....
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #1054
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big White View Post
Weezy and i are on the same track and the same car... I havnt had any thing go wrong with it... It is just wierd that he set his to what mine is even went to like 5.5 gearing and i am at 4.7. He still had problems with it....
To be honest im more suprised that your car works than his doesnt. With the settings he posted, the super tight RPM range (5k-8k) brings in the timing way too fast, which is the main reason for overheating adn sluggishness. Im not sure how big your track is so im not sure if your gearing is right, but i would guess you guys will be faster if you dropped some gear(bigger # FDR), and put in some motor timing.

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #1055
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
To be honest im more suprised that your car works than his doesnt. With the settings he posted, the super tight RPM range (5k-8k) brings in the timing way too fast, which is the main reason for overheating adn sluggishness. Im not sure how big your track is so im not sure if your gearing is right, but i would guess you guys will be faster if you dropped some gear(bigger # FDR), and put in some motor timing.
dude my 17.5 is crazy fast i am really suprised it works..... I am runnig hotbodies tc with 100 sper with a 46pinun i was at 49 befor it heated up out side. its not that big of a track. We will see how it does at reedy race i think i will have to drop down...
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #1056
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
I thought I heard you were redesigning the current MMP to have a smaller footprint and work with 1S-6S lipos so their would no longer be a special 1S version? Maybe your just redoing the case which doesn't warrant a V2 name, just wondering, thanks.
Not redesigning the MMP -- but, like I said, there are additional Mamba controllers in design.

So, don't look for an MMP V2 -- but watch for new Mamba controllers.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #1057
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Not redesigning the MMP -- but, like I said, there are additional Mamba controllers in design.

So, don't look for an MMP V2 -- but watch for new Mamba controllers.
I'm more interested in the new software for the MMP
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #1058
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
I'm more interested in the new software for the MMP
Coming soon
Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #1059
Tech Fanatic

Just picked up another MMP. This is the controller to have. It does everything. and its made and designed in the USA. It's great to have something that is not just a rebranded product. Not to knock some of the other manufacturers. But the MMP is powering my 1/8 buggy, TC, B44, B4, and my sons xxxt. And I can see where it might not be the "smoothest" controller, it definitely is the best bang for the buck.

Great job and many thanks.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #1060
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
I've sent emails to your team a month ago. I got the responses and was happy with the return emails. I tried everything I was given and even posted this back then. The issues I still have weren't cured by this, hense why I posted for help on here, as fellow Mamba drivers and maybe the support team might help further.

I don't want to drag this on. I'm impatient, like many others, as I wanted to make use of having more power with drivability by having better firmware. It doesn't matter now, as i've decided to change to something different.
Have you ever put any data acquisition on your car? I looked at some of your posts, and it seems like you may be low on the rpm bottom end, and too tight of a range. My 17.5 sedan on smaller indoor tracks usually runs in a range from 8-10K on the bottom to 27-30K rpm on top, average being 11-13k in most situations. 13.5 or 10.5 should have a much higher top rpm. A generic setting for rpms for 17.5 would be 7000 to 19000, as you can look at where the motor operates on a graph with the Novak Sentry.

Most motors coming in too low on rpm just heats up the motor, and squeezing down the rpm range just makes it feel like an on/off switch, or just like the timing slams into the car. Opening up the rpms and going a bit higher should make it way more driveable, especially as you go with bigger motor.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #1061
Tech Adept

@pdelcast

I assume the new 1.26 firmware for the MMP has nothing new except the "Added support for ROAR spec class racing. Neutral LED flashes when controller is NOT running in CHEAT mode." ?
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #1062
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Have you ever put any data acquisition on your car? I looked at some of your posts, and it seems like you may be low on the rpm bottom end, and too tight of a range. My 17.5 sedan on smaller indoor tracks usually runs in a range from 8-10K on the bottom to 27-30K rpm on top, average being 11-13k in most situations. 13.5 or 10.5 should have a much higher top rpm. A generic setting for rpms for 17.5 would be 7000 to 19000, as you can look at where the motor operates on a graph with the Novak Sentry.

Most motors coming in too low on rpm just heats up the motor, and squeezing down the rpm range just makes it feel like an on/off switch, or just like the timing slams into the car. Opening up the rpms and going a bit higher should make it way more driveable, especially as you go with bigger motor.
Thats some high rpm ranges you run in 17.5. I know at Bumps on the oval in 13.5 top rpm on the motors was checked and they where running right around 16 to 18k at the end of the straight so with that high of an rpm finish range you are never getting the full timing of your cheat mode.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #1063
Tech Apprentice

Default mmpro

hi i'm looking for a set-up for 17.5 on road parking lot medium track.i sure would appreciate some help on this subject.thanks
gibby jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #1064
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Thats some high rpm ranges you run in 17.5. I know at Bumps on the oval in 13.5 top rpm on the motors was checked and they where running right around 16 to 18k at the end of the straight so with that high of an rpm finish range you are never getting the full timing of your cheat mode.
Ya know I thought that at first, but then if you go do the math, if a 17.5 motor only does 17k rpm, geared @ 6.75 (mine is), the car only does 17ish mph. A 17.5 TC does about 30 on our track, so the motor has to turn more RPM than that. Go to gearchart.com, plug your stuff in and you will see what I mean. I will be investigating this tomorrow

Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #1065
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
@pdelcast

I assume the new 1.26 firmware for the MMP has nothing new except the "Added support for ROAR spec class racing. Neutral LED flashes when controller is NOT running in CHEAT mode." ?
Yes, that's right. The next-gen timing software is still in development.