R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2010, 10:33 PM   #1051
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,402
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
G your right the rpm range has huge affect on temps of your motor, speed and how smooth the power hits.

Once I get the rpm range right my car has tons of punch and my motor temps come down without loosing any speed.
You gonna make it up to Jackson's memorial day race? Im looking forward to unleashing the beast with 13.5 for the 1st time
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:50 PM   #1052
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 20,918
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
You gonna make it up to Jackson's memorial day race? Im looking forward to unleashing the beast with 13.5 for the 1st time
I will be moving to my new to me house that weekend. but after that I will be able to start doing some racing.

Be interested on how you make out in 13.5 at Jackson. Can't wait to see how you like the MMP at Jackson and how you end up running. I know for me my MMP is fast enough for me and especially if I adjust it right. Once you get the stuff right it really runs great and for the price it is even that much better.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #1053
Tech Regular
 
Big White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Weezy and i are on the same track and the same car... I havnt had any thing go wrong with it... It is just wierd that he set his to what mine is even went to like 5.5 gearing and i am at 4.7. He still had problems with it....
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #1054
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,402
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big White View Post
Weezy and i are on the same track and the same car... I havnt had any thing go wrong with it... It is just wierd that he set his to what mine is even went to like 5.5 gearing and i am at 4.7. He still had problems with it....
To be honest im more suprised that your car works than his doesnt. With the settings he posted, the super tight RPM range (5k-8k) brings in the timing way too fast, which is the main reason for overheating adn sluggishness. Im not sure how big your track is so im not sure if your gearing is right, but i would guess you guys will be faster if you dropped some gear(bigger # FDR), and put in some motor timing.
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:30 PM   #1055
Tech Regular
 
Big White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 384
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post
To be honest im more suprised that your car works than his doesnt. With the settings he posted, the super tight RPM range (5k-8k) brings in the timing way too fast, which is the main reason for overheating adn sluggishness. Im not sure how big your track is so im not sure if your gearing is right, but i would guess you guys will be faster if you dropped some gear(bigger # FDR), and put in some motor timing.
dude my 17.5 is crazy fast i am really suprised it works..... I am runnig hotbodies tc with 100 sper with a 46pinun i was at 49 befor it heated up out side. its not that big of a track. We will see how it does at reedy race i think i will have to drop down...
Big White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:14 AM   #1056
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
I thought I heard you were redesigning the current MMP to have a smaller footprint and work with 1S-6S lipos so their would no longer be a special 1S version? Maybe your just redoing the case which doesn't warrant a V2 name, just wondering, thanks.
Not redesigning the MMP -- but, like I said, there are additional Mamba controllers in design.

So, don't look for an MMP V2 -- but watch for new Mamba controllers.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:50 AM   #1057
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Not redesigning the MMP -- but, like I said, there are additional Mamba controllers in design.

So, don't look for an MMP V2 -- but watch for new Mamba controllers.
I'm more interested in the new software for the MMP
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #1058
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
I'm more interested in the new software for the MMP
Coming soon
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:51 AM   #1059
Tech Fanatic
 
macdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 915
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Just picked up another MMP. This is the controller to have. It does everything. and its made and designed in the USA. It's great to have something that is not just a rebranded product. Not to knock some of the other manufacturers. But the MMP is powering my 1/8 buggy, TC, B44, B4, and my sons xxxt. And I can see where it might not be the "smoothest" controller, it definitely is the best bang for the buck.

Great job and many thanks.
__________________
---------------
KO Eurus / Orca / MMP / XB2 / 22-4 /
macdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #1060
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,433
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxg123456 View Post
I've sent emails to your team a month ago. I got the responses and was happy with the return emails. I tried everything I was given and even posted this back then. The issues I still have weren't cured by this, hense why I posted for help on here, as fellow Mamba drivers and maybe the support team might help further.

I don't want to drag this on. I'm impatient, like many others, as I wanted to make use of having more power with drivability by having better firmware. It doesn't matter now, as i've decided to change to something different.
Have you ever put any data acquisition on your car? I looked at some of your posts, and it seems like you may be low on the rpm bottom end, and too tight of a range. My 17.5 sedan on smaller indoor tracks usually runs in a range from 8-10K on the bottom to 27-30K rpm on top, average being 11-13k in most situations. 13.5 or 10.5 should have a much higher top rpm. A generic setting for rpms for 17.5 would be 7000 to 19000, as you can look at where the motor operates on a graph with the Novak Sentry.

Most motors coming in too low on rpm just heats up the motor, and squeezing down the rpm range just makes it feel like an on/off switch, or just like the timing slams into the car. Opening up the rpms and going a bit higher should make it way more driveable, especially as you go with bigger motor.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #1061
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 230
Default

@pdelcast

I assume the new 1.26 firmware for the MMP has nothing new except the "Added support for ROAR spec class racing. Neutral LED flashes when controller is NOT running in CHEAT mode." ?
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #1062
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 20,918
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Have you ever put any data acquisition on your car? I looked at some of your posts, and it seems like you may be low on the rpm bottom end, and too tight of a range. My 17.5 sedan on smaller indoor tracks usually runs in a range from 8-10K on the bottom to 27-30K rpm on top, average being 11-13k in most situations. 13.5 or 10.5 should have a much higher top rpm. A generic setting for rpms for 17.5 would be 7000 to 19000, as you can look at where the motor operates on a graph with the Novak Sentry.

Most motors coming in too low on rpm just heats up the motor, and squeezing down the rpm range just makes it feel like an on/off switch, or just like the timing slams into the car. Opening up the rpms and going a bit higher should make it way more driveable, especially as you go with bigger motor.
Thats some high rpm ranges you run in 17.5. I know at Bumps on the oval in 13.5 top rpm on the motors was checked and they where running right around 16 to 18k at the end of the straight so with that high of an rpm finish range you are never getting the full timing of your cheat mode.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #1063
Tech Apprentice
 
gibby jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: el cajon
Posts: 87
Default mmpro

hi i'm looking for a set-up for 17.5 on road parking lot medium track.i sure would appreciate some help on this subject.thanks
gibby jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 PM   #1064
Tech Champion
 
geeunit1014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The dirty burnie
Posts: 5,402
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Thats some high rpm ranges you run in 17.5. I know at Bumps on the oval in 13.5 top rpm on the motors was checked and they where running right around 16 to 18k at the end of the straight so with that high of an rpm finish range you are never getting the full timing of your cheat mode.
Ya know I thought that at first, but then if you go do the math, if a 17.5 motor only does 17k rpm, geared @ 6.75 (mine is), the car only does 17ish mph. A 17.5 TC does about 30 on our track, so the motor has to turn more RPM than that. Go to gearchart.com, plug your stuff in and you will see what I mean. I will be investigating this tomorrow
__________________
Mike Gee

Awesomatix USA/Pyscho Cells Racing/LRP/Sweep Racing/RSD/Middle River Hobbies/Johns Mobile Raceway/TQ Wire/Avid
geeunit1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #1065
Tech Apprentice
 
pdelcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Olathe,KS
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
@pdelcast

I assume the new 1.26 firmware for the MMP has nothing new except the "Added support for ROAR spec class racing. Neutral LED flashes when controller is NOT running in CHEAT mode." ?
Yes, that's right. The next-gen timing software is still in development.
pdelcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread sharkman Electric Off-Road 18797 12-21-2016 06:07 PM
Mamba Max Pro BlueWalker Electric Off-Road 3283 06-20-2016 11:51 AM
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 04:38 PM
the Chopping Block-Crawler Wheels. ESC/Motor Combos-Baja stuff Timmahh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 05-24-2009 12:33 AM
Compatability of brushless ESC's and motors between makes Iceracer Electric On-Road 16 03-21-2007 08:00 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0