Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
so here is the verdict smartsense is gay.. with an x12 that is .. i just took my field card and switch it to sensored only with 0deg cheat so its not adding anything and it cured my issue and also was faster with it in general. but also i was thinking if i figure out the right start rpm and end rpm i can simulate the way it would work in smart sense instead of the timing ramping it will stay at say 10 deg the entire time? i feel once that is figured out it would be real nice. my question is once the end rpm is reached does that timing continue to stay at the value that has been set from that point on ? i hope this is somewhat easy to understand? pretty much i just want maybe 10 deg max added from the esc in sensored only mode. thats what i amtrying to get at haha.
I tried different gearing with smartsense and couldn't understand how a 5.5 could be so slow! I have tried 26 deg 10,000 to 30, 000(there about) and it was a bullet. For fun I turned it up to 40deg. I had the biggest smile on my face after! Way faster than a 4.0 on standard ESC's.

The question is how it will be for 5min on the track. Bad weather has prevented me from testing this. I have notied the temp of the ESC gets hot with Cheat and a mod motor, but the fan is not coming on?? How hot do these nee to get before the fan kicks in? I may wire up the fan to be on always for racing mod.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I believe tye esc has to reach 170deg. I will give that rpm a shot. I will start small with timing and go from there as I run 6 min races.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I will get a high RPM fan and just hook it up to the reciever so it's always on.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

I was told to run mod only in smartsense and now i'm reading you run it on cheat mode with very good results.I have already burn my first MMP and i don't want to burn another one so please confirm if it's true.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I just set it up. With 10k-30k and for fun 30deg and wooooooow! It sounds like if it were to blow the debris would make its way to china. I'm going to start with 10deg on the track and go from there.I'm am now excited. Don't mind the spelling I'm using my phone for thewe posts.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff what about gearing with this setup?
Old 04-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I was told to run mod only in smartsense and now i'm reading you run it on cheat mode with very good results.I have already burn my first MMP and i don't want to burn another one so please confirm if it's true.
The last thing I am saying is that this is a proven, safe way to run Mod. And yes it is not what is recommended. Anytime anyone tries new ESC setups, it is that users responsibility to check temps very regularly until you are sure things are under control.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I did use the prgramming card last week for the first time since I got it from Castle. I had a customer that bought a new MMP from are hobbyshop and a I didn't have my laptop to set up the speedo for the initial setup.

It was very easy to use and worked perfectly. Got the guys offroad buggy setup with a 10.5 in his mod XXX -CR buggy. Made some chages for the drag brakes for the customer after a few laps on the track with the card. Very quick and easy to do. Very nice to make quick changes if you don't have a laptop to use with you. Well worth the money. Worked so good after the demo for the customer that he ordered a programming card for himself.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Spent yesterday at Aldershot having a testing session, so will report back some more findings in a bit... But firstly want to clear up some things about the X12.

Seems a few people have had issues with this motor. Now, they are fast, but do need a bit of attention to run at their best. I've been running a 10.5 with no problems on the MMP, and seen a 4.0t being run the same. First thing to do with any of them, is back the timing on the endbell down as far as possible (oooo insert). The motor itself comes with about 40deg of timing in built to it, which is a fair bit more than most other motors out there. This will drop the motor temps, and provide an increase in torque to very noticeable degree.. and then don't be afraid to get them a little hotter than usual, 80degC is fine by all accounts (had mine up to 115 before, still didn't fade though )

Anyway, moving on. With all the talk of mod racing, thought I'd drop in what the guy running the 4.0t ran yesterday.
CHEAT: On
RPMrange: 25k - 31k ish (can't remember the exact end, but that was the start rpm)
ESC Timing: 14deg
Fdr: 8.5 ish (maybe nearer 9.0)
Start Power: Medium
Motor insert: oooo
Car certainly had better top end than before with thoose settings... Although other guys there were running 3.5's and 6.0t deltas, but only a little quicker

My settings, actually ended up with something slighty different than before, as overall wanted some more rpm through the rev range.. So switched the motor insert to the ooo one.
RPMrange: 12k - 20k ish (can't remember the exact end, but that was the start rpm)
ESC Timing: 35deg
Fdr: 8ish
Start Power: High
Motor insert: ooo
Car seemed smoother (less torque I guess), and top speed was as quick as the GM's going round, so think that's a positive thing. Motor temp was about 75deg at the end of the run, so pretty much on the money there.

HiH
Ed
Old 04-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TryHard
Spent yesterday at Aldershot having a testing session, so will report back some more findings in a bit... But firstly want to clear up some things about the X12.

Seems a few people have had issues with this motor. Now, they are fast, but do need a bit of attention to run at their best. I've been running a 10.5 with no problems on the MMP, and seen a 4.0t being run the same. First thing to do with any of them, is back the timing on the endbell down as far as possible (oooo insert). The motor itself comes with about 40deg of timing in built to it, which is a fair bit more than most other motors out there. This will drop the motor temps, and provide an increase in torque to very noticeable degree.. and then don't be afraid to get them a little hotter than usual, 80degC is fine by all accounts (had mine up to 115 before, still didn't fade though )

Anyway, moving on. With all the talk of mod racing, thought I'd drop in what the guy running the 4.0t ran yesterday.
RPMrange: 25k - 31k ish (can't remember the exact end, but that was the start rpm)
ESC Timing: 14deg
Fdr: 8.5 ish (maybe nearer 9.0)
Start Power: Medium
Motor insert: oooo
Car certainly had better top end than before with thoose settings... Although other guys there were running 3.5's and 6.0t deltas, but only a little quicker

My settings, actually ended up with something slighty different than before, as overall wanted some more rpm through the rev range.. So switched the motor insert to the ooo one.
RPMrange: 12k - 20k ish (can't remember the exact end, but that was the start rpm)
ESC Timing: 35deg
Fdr: 8ish
Start Power: High
Motor insert: ooo
Car seemed smoother (less torque I guess), and top speed was as quick as the GM's going round, so think that's a positive thing. Motor temp was about 75deg at the end of the run, so pretty much on the money there.

HiH
Ed
Impresive That's why im thinking to buy a 10.5T and use it with cheat mode but i hasitate to do it as our track is a very big one and i'm not so sure if this is a good choise.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

TryHard: Its an interesting thing you did there with the 000 insert in the LRP motor. I have played with this speedy and others and I think that while it does get off the line well, it could be better compared to how it goes once it is up and running. I have been thinking that with zero timing you have to wait a fair bit into the "cheat" rpm range for the power to really start to pick up. So why not start with a small amount of timming to begin with and increase the range over which the RPM shifts? I have yet to have the opportunity to test this but I think with a sensible setup it will be faster yet again in every way.

Something my brother has stated for a long time now is that certain motors like a little bit of timing to "wake them up". They simply don't go with too little timing...
Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
TryHard: Its an interesting thing you did there with the 000 insert in the LRP motor. I have played with this speedy and others and I think that while it does get off the line well, it could be better compared to how it goes once it is up and running. I have been thinking that with zero timing you have to wait a fair bit into the "cheat" rpm range for the power to really start to pick up. So why not start with a small amount of timming to begin with and increase the range over which the RPM shifts? I have yet to have the opportunity to test this but I think with a sensible setup it will be faster yet again in every way.

Something my brother has stated for a long time now is that certain motors like a little bit of timing to "wake them up". They simply don't go with too little timing...
I would probably agree with that.
Originally when I started running this speedy and motor, I was indoors, so having mega torque was a bonus, and same went for one of the first tracks I went too outdoors. Literally was driving the car like a modified it had so much bottom end torque.
Now I've shifted to the larger tracks and longer straights, that torque isn't as useful, so some more rpm through the range is the better bet... I may yet go back to the oo insert when we get to Halifax, as its a massive straight, and all about high corner speed imo, no real hard acceleration zones.
I'm still playing with the ramp region, not yet fully happy on how I can use it to fully tune the car. Keep meaning to go and put the telemetry back on to see what the cars reving too on certain points of a track... Must do that again

Cheers
Ed
Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
I would probably agree with that.
Originally when I started running this speedy and motor, I was indoors, so having mega torque was a bonus, and same went for one of the first tracks I went too outdoors. Literally was driving the car like a modified it had so much bottom end torque.
Now I've shifted to the larger tracks and longer straights, that torque isn't as useful, so some more rpm through the range is the better bet... I may yet go back to the oo insert when we get to Halifax, as its a massive straight, and all about high corner speed imo, no real hard acceleration zones.
I'm still playing with the ramp region, not yet fully happy on how I can use it to fully tune the car. Keep meaning to go and put the telemetry back on to see what the cars reving too on certain points of a track... Must do that again

Cheers
Ed
Its kinda a little disappointing that the software won't let you pick your rpm endpoint as well as the custom start point. I find myself playing around with the start point a little off what I want to get close to the end point I want. The other thing that would be great is to throw another page into the setup that is rpm gain graph. The graph would work the same way as the throttle/brake profile setup and would control how the timing changed over the rpm range. This way you could do things like increase the range and throw in an early spike to change the way the car accelerates. Would be a lot of fun. While its more complicated I think you could improve the performance with this.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will do some testing on my MMP in MOD this weekend I got my car ready I will be running 4.5T Novak Ballistic... I do have X12 3.0T but I think that's a little too much for our track. I will be doing a lot of testing since this will be my setup for the up comming REEDY RACE... Going to race with the big boys..
Old 04-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm impressed with castles service! I priority mailed I'm my MMP last week on tuesday and got a new one in the mail today. 10 days down, not to bad at all.

I bought a replacement that stutters bad brand new right out of the box, now I'll send that one in. The new replacement works great. Today I'm happy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.