R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #856
Tech Master

As you run sensord check your sensor wire.
Tekin Redline 10,5
Protoform LTC-R
mikky32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #857
Tech Addict

Sensor and sensor cable are new.Just replaced them yesterday and they're working perfect as when i disconnect the sensor cable from the motor cogging is worst.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:10 PM   #858
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopass View Post
well i ran the mmp with a 13.5 lrp x.12 practise at our local track today at aldershot, hampshire and the car was a missile. on crap tyres xray 008 was pretty good. i was messing around with the drag brake and the cheat timing advance. initially ran it at 35 degs. went to 50 and felt like i could gear down about 3 teeth on 48dp!
changed back to 35 on the mmp and left the motor as kit timing, 2 dots i think. i did run some 3800 mah lipo and the mmp did not like them a bit. ran at about half speed after 1 minute. i did notice the mmp was pretty thursty on the 5000 40C lipo's. the motor after about 8-9 mins was 40/110 degs. so not hot at all. strange about the batts never had that before?
it did feel like the frag brake was delaying about.2 of a second on lift off, so i increased the drag brake to 110% and that cured it.
the mmp does take a little messing around, i set the cheat rpm initially at 10,000, that was a mistake as it revved out 1/3 down the straight!
on the whole, pretty happy.
ed/tryhard. we shall have to meet up at AMCC soon and swap notes. cheers .rob baxter
Hey Rob,

Sure thing. Won't be there this weekend, but no doubt be there again soon, national coming up in a few months

What settings you running at the mo for the Cheat, interested to hear.

Cheers
Ed
Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #859
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
I used to run for a couple of years my GM 7T with my mamba max,sensorless of course, without any cogging issue.Now with the same motor and the Mamba Max Pro i have some cogging issue on start up.I tried both, sensored and sensorless mode but cogging is still there.With my 17.5T works great.Do i have to wait for some software update from Castle?
I downgraded the firmware from 1.25 to 1.22 and problem solved.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #860
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I guess this my problem since I upgraded to 1.25 firmware I start having cogging issues....

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:23 PM   #861
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Well I guess this my problem since I upgraded to 1.25 firmware I start having cogging issues....
I also turn the endbell timing on C and now i have zero cogging.It's smooth like a dream.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #862
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

does anybody have some good photos of how they have their mmm pro 1 cell set up. I ran mine through a switch to a receiver pack, it seems to work i just hate all that extra weight. Is this how it has to be done. I know i could just plug a receiver pack straight in but I like the thought of having a switch. Man this esc puts out some serious Horsepower
Here is my setup and yes I know that switch is huge that is all I have at the moment it will get changed
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-iphone-036.jpg  
Old 04-04-2010, 05:19 AM   #863
Tech Addict

I was very happy and very proud for my new mamba max pro that has run only once.Today i turned on the power switch , i pressed the throtle just a little and smoke came out of the speedo.Can i put it back again or i have to send it to the Castle?I'm affraid there is no race for me next Sunday and only God knows for how long more
Old 04-04-2010, 08:09 AM   #864
Tech Adept

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
I was very happy and very proud for my new mamba max pro that has run only once.Today i turned on the power switch , i pressed the throtle just a little and smoke came out of the speedo.Can i put it back again or i have to send it to the Castle?I'm affraid there is no race for me next Sunday and only God knows for how long more
That sucks big time...
Sorry to hear...

KP-Designs KP10e 1/5 rc bike, Kyosho Lazer ZX-5, HPI Baja SS, Xray T1 FK05, Venom GPV1 1/8 rc bike, Anderson M5 Cross 1/5 rc bike, TT SB-5 1/5 rc bike
steliosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #865
Tech Elite

ok it's really getting annoying I can't calibrate my Ko Helios to my new Mamba Max PRO for my MOD car. Anyone have this issue? I never have this problem on my other MMP for my stock car.

Old 04-04-2010, 01:04 PM   #866
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
ok it's really getting annoying I can't calibrate my Ko Helios to my new Mamba Max PRO for my MOD car. Anyone have this issue? I never have this problem on my other MMP for my stock car.
Try changing the arming time. Sometimes it is a little too short and the MM will not see the full throttle when you first switch on the receiver.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:25 PM   #867
Tech Elite

I change the arming time to 5 seconds... It will calibrate on throtle but not on break and neutral... I got the EPA set at 100% Throtle and break at 50/50 and still not able to calibrate it.

I tried 1.21, 1.22 1.23, 1.24, 1.24 firmware and still nothing... I'm already thinking this ESC is defective....

Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #868
Tech Regular

check the mmp link screen. there is a reading at the bottom in italics that advises the max throttle max brake and neutral. what are those readings? also check you are not running any drag brake and that the handset is set to total neutral as the mmp has to find neutral before it will arm! i had the drag brake on the radio set to -10 and the mmp did not run at all!
let us know. cheers
whoopass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #869
Tech Elite

Here's what the ESC is doing...

Turn ESC on fullthrotle on the Radio ESC blinks then turn in Red
Full Break ESC blink turn into Red insteads of yellow that was it...

I tried all the steps you guys gave non of them work.... I even Rebind my Radio and receiver (Spektrum) Still nothing....

Old 04-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #870
Tech Addict

Quote:
Here's what the ESC is doing...

Turn ESC on fullthrotle on the Radio ESC blinks then turn in Red
Full Break ESC blink turn into Red insteads of yellow that was it...

I tried all the steps you guys gave non of them work.... I even Rebind my Radio and receiver (Spektrum) Still nothing....
Have you try before calibrate to set your transmiter to reverse? Or if its on reverse maybe you have to turn it to normal?