R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM   #826
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdude View Post
I think we can call the Tekin RS speedo's but the MMP's would have to be a very big pair of board shorts!

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #827
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Castle builds their speedo in house and it isn't made in some foreign country. It takes time to get them together. The first batch at 4000 plus units Castle thought would be enough but they sold so fast and the fact they had other speedos for planes to be built and a few other products so it has taken time to get more made.

Are shop currently has 6 MMP speedos in stock. We had 12 last week but sold 1/2 of them.
Thanks!

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 AM   #828
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Just curious what tires are you running in the wet weather?
Always used to run 21mm wide pitshimuzi (sp?) wets, with the standard foam insert.
For our nationals, we have to run the Schumacher pre-glued wet tyre, I have no idea what the part number is mind.. I'll have a look and find out for you

Ed

EDIT - part number is XG-WET, 24mm wide pre-glued wet tyre

Last edited by TryHard; 03-25-2010 at 02:24 AM.
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:27 AM   #829
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Noticed you are running a radio Cap. Are you experiencing radio glitches with Mamba? It has variable voltage to the BEC circuit. I always set my higher as the radio and servo can hand the over 6V.
No problems with the mamba per se, just had some intermitent issues with my spektrum unit a while ago, so now run one as a matter of course.. More of an insurance policy if you will

HiH
Ed
Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 PM   #830
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
No problems with the mamba per se, just had some intermitent issues with my spektrum unit a while ago, so now run one as a matter of course.. More of an insurance policy if you will

HiH
Ed
OK, I had some issues when I first went brushless with the FM receivers, but I haven't had any issues with the 2.4 ones.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #831
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post

HiH
Ed
I have seen the same recently with different winds but more so with low turns. I was running a big event back in january and had throttle control loss as often as 3 times a race! I think mayb I should look to a new receiver as maybe mine is dead. Might try the cap though as it used to be a standard thing for me not all that long ago.
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #832
Tech Addict

I ran my MMP today for the first time with a 17.5T.I have no words to describe it,only a big smile in my face.Thanks Castle
Old 03-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #833
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born2Run View Post
I ran my MMP today for the first time with a 17.5T.I have no words to describe it,only a big smile in my face.Thanks Castle
I ran touring car for the first time since testing the MMP before it came out and it was incredable. I might be a tad slower in 17.5 with no turbo boost but in the infield and coming out of every corner my car would just spool up so fast compared to the others it was awesome. The car will benefit even more when I get it setup better thru the corners thats for sure.

Can't wait til I get to run my car again and really get it setup better so I can really benefit more from the MMP. Need to get the right tires but I can see the MMP is fast and has tons of room to grow.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #834
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man MMP has a bad cogging issue when you put a positive throttle curve.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

installed a new MMP for my MOD car since my GTB when up in smoke but I'm having problem calibrating the ESC to my radio Ko Helios with Spek Pro... I haven't had this issues before...

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #836
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I have positive throttle curve without any cogging issue.Everything was perfect.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #837
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I ran touring car for the first time since testing the MMP before it came out and it was incredable. I might be a tad slower in 17.5 with no turbo boost but in the infield and coming out of every corner my car would just spool up so fast compared to the others it was awesome. The car will benefit even more when I get it setup better thru the corners thats for sure.

Can't wait til I get to run my car again and really get it setup better so I can really benefit more from the MMP. Need to get the right tires but I can see the MMP is fast and has tons of room to grow.
on the tracks i have raced, the MMP is just as fast on the straight as the Tekin v203. But a turbo feature on the MMP would be awesome, wyd do you know if castle is going to be releasing some new software soon for the MMP with some more grunt??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
I run positive throttle curve and have no cogging at all, this is on SP v3, and even when i ran my old SP v2 motors, also no problems
MoonTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:03 AM   #838
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post
on the tracks i have raced, the MMP is just as fast on the straight as the Tekin v203. But a turbo feature on the MMP would be awesome, wyd do you know if castle is going to be releasing some new software soon for the MMP with some more grunt??
I'm not sure but I know they are always working on updates so would think they have something coming in the near future. I will be talking with them I hope next week so I know that is one of things I'm checking on.

To me the only time a Turbo boost is needed is on some of the longer tracks that have long straights but otherwise I don't think it is needed in alot of applications. My rip is awesome and will be even better the more I get my car setup. The more corner speedo I can get the moremy car will benefit from the rip I have.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:51 AM   #839
Tech Addict

A friend of mine drove the MMP at the LRP TCM this weekend. He got, due some grip issue's, to a 17the place... He said that it looked like he was the only MMP driver with all LRP's arround him. He hasn't seen any Tekins... But his speedo was really good with the LRP X12 13,5T motor. His start RPM was arround 10K.

Sounds pretty good to me. But then again, on really long flowing tracks I think the MMP could use an extra turbo...

Best Regards
Robert
Old 03-29-2010, 02:58 AM   #840
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTrap View Post

I run positive throttle curve and have no cogging at all, this is on SP v3, and even when i ran my old SP v2 motors, also no problems
At the end of the day pretty much every speedo's "turbo" system is just throwing more timing at the motor. The MMP has a system built in for this already so while they don't label it as a turbo system it does the same thing. The only thing they lack is the ability to set a starting point for the timing which on some motors should be higher than zero. This can however be done on your motor itself. This would also allow you to have more than 50 degrees total timing. Weather this works better or not will depend on how you use it.

I don't know about cogging issues with throttle curve as all this changes is how much throttle input = how much motor output as certain points.

Anyway I ran a MMP for the 1st time this weekend. 17.5 duo 1 at FDR 6.5 with 4600-13000 50 degrees. I didn't have a fan on the motor which limited things a bit but was able to run with the fastest Tekin in every way on the straight. I didn't see any difference and we had a battle happening for a little while. One big difference though was the launch at the start of the race. This thing MOVES off the line compared to the rest of the field. It was however much bigger which some ppl won't like and I noticed the brakes were weak at high rpm and strong down low. Kinda made it hard to consistently pull up into hairpins.

Anyway quite nice really.