Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maximebeauvais
what is the best BL 13.5 that will be good to get with the Mamba Max Pro.

I'm racing offroad.

thanks
Off-road does not require a hot motor but from what I've used in on-road the Novak Ballistic is good specially for off-road since it's a closed can but the new Speed Passion v3 is extremely fast.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

FYI on RPM settings. I recently purchased a Novak Sentry and recorded rpm settings while running on-road on a 90x40 carpet track with a 13.5 no timing advance in the ESC or motor the rpms never fell below 8000 on the slowest corner.

So setting the start and end rpm range below roughly 8000 is letting the timing engage all the time.

Last edited by bkspeedo; 01-31-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
FYI on RPM settings. I recently purchased a Novak Sentry and recorded rpm settings while running on-road on a 90x40 carpet track with a 13.5 With no timing advance in the ESC or motor the rpms never fell below 8000 on the slowest corner.

So setting the start and end rpm range below roughly 8000 is letting the timing engage all the time.
Finally, some good info that pertains to this speedo! Wish we could get a little more setting feedback posted. Im getting what kinda feels like turbo lag then it just takes off. Wish the rpm settings where a little more adjustable. Would love to try starting around 6500 going up to 16000. Im stuck with 10000 to 17000.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

FYI on RPM settings. I recently purchased a Novak Sentry and recorded rpm settings while running on-road on a 90x40 carpet track with a 13.5 With no timing advance in the ESC or motor the rpms never fell below 8000 on the slowest corner.

What type car?What gearing?Open or technical track?A lot of varibles need to be taken into account here.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

rpm depends on fdr, but i too averaged 8.5 mph on the low end, and 35 ish at the top (with a non-boost esc). same track size. i think a well tuned 13.5 should be up near 40mph going into a sweeper using the 'fast' esc's on this type of track.

keep in mind that at 8,000 rpm (and @ ~40amps) the motor might already be calling for timing. it might not hurt to start the ramp earlier, or use mechanical advance in the motor.

don't confuse timing with rip. if you're over timed at any stage, the rip goes down. it's all about matching the timing with the load, which yes, logically should change across the entire rpm range.

my good 13.5 setting was the 6k to 30.4k @ only 30* of timing at the end. (and fully retarded in a duo). i did find out, though, that with my gearing, i was only maybe getting the motor to 25krpm. (so really it maybe saw about 24* at the top).

Last edited by seaball; 01-29-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

another crazy find was that many of the tekin guys that i got profile data for in stock are done 'boosting' (up to a full 50*) by like 6mph. basically, they are timed at a full 50* everywhere the track, and are using the 20* of 'turbo' on top of that in each of the short chutes and the straight. crazy.

(no wonder people complain that they feel soft off the corners).

now, i'm not saying they are doing it right, but even with these settings on the tekin, i'm seeing much more rip out of their cars, than i am with the mamba (in stock).
Old 01-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seaball
another crazy find was that many of the tekin guys that i got profile data for in stock are done 'boosting' (up to a full 50*) by like 6mph. basically, they are timed at a full 50* everywhere the track, and are using the 20* of 'turbo' on top of that in each of the short chutes and the straight. crazy.

(no wonder people complain that they feel soft off the corners).

now, i'm not saying they are doing it right, but even with these settings on the tekin, i'm seeing much more rip out of their cars, than i am with the mamba (in stock).
I'm fairly confident when listening to my car with a Tekin that 50 boost does not equal 50deg of timing. When I put 40deg in my mamba I can't even give the car full throttle when freewheeling or the tires will blow off. But when I set boost to 50 or max in my Tekin with no turbo it barely sounds like 20deg of timing is being added. So the number you set in a Tekin is not related to deg of timing. On top of that Turbo timing advance is completely dependent on what boost is set to. This makes it more difficult to figure out where to set things. I like my 3 Tekins and am very fast with them, it’s just harder to figure out settings unlike the MMP its straight forward.

As far as rip goes I used both my Tekin and MMP last night and the MMP as far more rip out of corners and accelerates much faster. I found myself entering corners way to fast and trying to teach myself to use less throttle in the infield then with a Tekin.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

I'm fairly confident when listening to my car with a Tekin that 50 boost does not equal 50deg of timing.
hmmm. i don't know why i thought it did. must be that someone introduced it as a synonym and i locked that in my brain. that would explain why people have that setting maxed out so early.

As far as rip goes I used both my Tekin and MMP last night and the MMP as far more rip out of corners and accelerates much faster.
stock or superstock? i want to see this on my end, but i'm not. at least not in 17.5. makes me think i've got something crazy wrong, but we've taken a pretty methodical approach, and have had fairly weak results.

Last edited by seaball; 01-29-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

I'm fairly confident when listening to my car with a Tekin that 50 boost does not equal 50deg of timing. When I put 40deg in my mamba I can't even give the car full throttle when freewheeling or the tires will blow off. But when I set boost to 50 or max in my Tekin with no turbo it barely sounds like 20deg of timing is being added. So the number you set in a Tekin is not related to deg of timing. On top of that Turbo timing advance is completely dependent on what boost is set to. This makes it more difficult to figure out where to set things. I like my 3 Tekins and am very fast with them, it’s just harder to figure out settings unlike the MMP its straight forward.

As far as rip goes I used both my Tekin and MMP last night and the MMP as far more rip out of corners and accelerates much faster. I found myself entering corners way to fast and trying to teach myself to use less throttle in the infield then with a Tekin.
It depends on your setup how fast a car accelerates.
You need to find the right gearing with the Boost and the RPM settings by Tekin.
I don't now how the mamba works.
Can you also set the RPM settings were you want to have the timing in?

Are there any Mamba's ad the birds?
The info I have now is only Tekin LRP and some Advanced speedo's with Tekin and LRP as the fastest around.
Are there any Mamba drivers?
Old 01-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running 13.5 in both cars.

I saw on the team pit table map for the Birds that Castle had a spot so there should be some there. I realize FDR makes a difference but I've switched between Tekin and MMP several times and the MMP accelerates way faster then a Tekin regardless of FDR and I've tried 5.4 to 7.3 with 203 fw. Yes the MMP uses RPM range just like Tekin does now but MMP lets you set an actual degrees of timing advance not some arbitrary numbers.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Ok thanks
I didn't see a Mamba around here.
Here it's a lot of LRP, GM, Tekin and as you are lucky you will see a Speedpassion.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You always want to set your RPM low enough to have your low end torque.... But again it all depends on your track layout.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

On top of that Turbo timing advance is completely dependent on what boost is set to. .
This is not accurate info. Turbo is a stand alone adjustment to timing boost.

They may affect each other during acceleration if you've got it setup that way.

So far I'd say Tekin's doing pretty well....
Old 01-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi, I am having troubles putting the castle link on my laptop, windows vista and I have the .NET 3.5 program already but the program will not instal.
Anyone have any advice.
Thanks
Old 01-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tandman
Hi, I am having troubles putting the castle link on my laptop, windows vista and I have the .NET 3.5 program already but the program will not instal.
Anyone have any advice.
Thanks
Save the install application to your desktop -- then right click it and choose "Run as Administrator."

This will allow the driver to be installed on Vista.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.