R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-24-2009, 01:39 PM   #301
Tech Adept

Default please help

Will someone PLEASE tell me. I don't understand. Does this speed control make a 2 cell touring car go faster than other speed controls or is it just good for 1 cell racing?
microcrazy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

They have 1 cell version of MM PRO... I would say this speedo is one of the fastest of any speedcontrol out on the market right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by microcrazy24 View Post
Will someone PLEASE tell me. I don't understand. Does this speed control make a 2 cell touring car go faster than other speed controls or is it just good for 1 cell racing?

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:57 PM   #303
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
The 'problem' is mostly where people are using it for 1S, without casing, wiring in additional caps... Basically not how it was designed to be used. Call me lucky but all I've had from this esc is 'awesomeness'.......
+1 and amen to that... You have to try it first before you cretic castle creation on their product.

On my local track me and my buddy are the only one running MAMBA MAX PRO all the other guys use tekin or LRP... We are having a winter points series right now and guess what who dominates the expert 13.5 and 17.5class This speedcontrol is untouchable. This past few weeks of racing since we switch to this speedo we have been in the top of our game finishing races at least lapping the whole field every race day its almost an unfair advantage using this speedcontrol..

Old 12-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #304
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
They have 1 cell version of MM PRO... I would say this speedo is one of the fastest of any speedcontrol out on the market right now.

sorry are you saying it is faster than other ESC's using a 2 cell lipo? I know they have a 1 cell coming out but I only run 2 cell lipo in my touring car. I want to know if I should get one or another speed control. Thanks so much.
Old 12-24-2009, 02:09 PM   #305
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
It is as good as any top of the line speedo. The MMP gives excellent punch and power. It has all the adjustments one needs to make a touring car fast or any other car. The nice thing is Castle don't have a new special team version software every week and you don't need to see a team driver to get the most up to date software. The software is always the same for all drivers and bashers.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:54 PM   #306
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
It is as good as any top of the line speedo. The MMP gives excellent punch and power. It has all the adjustments one needs to make a touring car fast or any other car. The nice thing is Castle don't have a new special team version software every week and you don't need to see a team driver to get the most up to date software. The software is always the same for all drivers and bashers.
I see that sponsored racers have an advantage over normal club racers using other escs and that ain't fair. Thanks to MMP for setting an honest standard.
redbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #307
Tech Master

my mamba max pro lives up to the hipe! makes my 17.5 feel like a fast 13.5! if you dont have one yet . you r missn out!
cyoder#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #308
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoder#9 View Post
my mamba max pro lives up to the hipe! makes my 17.5 feel like a fast 13.5! if you dont have one yet . you r missn out!
For the love of man are you talking about 1 cell or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

LOL haters and lovers in one room. How cute LOL

No the ESC does not make ur car go faster.
It utilizes the full potential of ur electronics, and can give you the max results with what you supply the ESC with.
At the end of the day you are still only as fast as you are able to drive it. Or how much ur motor can do xD

If you compare this ESC to other High end racing ESC, this is about in par with them.
It has adjustibility, upgradability, Lots of support and the parts used in manufactoring seems to be all standar or good quality parts.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #310
Tech Master

Quote:
For the love of man are you talking about 1 cell or 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 cell!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:14 PM   #311
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post

It utilizes the full potential of ur electronics, and can give you the max results with what you supply the ESC with.
At the end of the day you are still only as fast as you are able to drive it. Or how much ur motor can do xD

If you compare this ESC to other High end racing ESC, this is about in par with them.
It has adjustibility, upgradability, Lots of support and the parts used in manufactoring seems to be all standar or good quality parts.
sorry but i have been racing these toy cars 4 20 years! I had a gtb that burnt up! and i got a mamba and gained a lap! not by driving better!it is faster with all the adjustments and cheat mode.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #312
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man

sure it's faster than a GTB, but is it faster than a good speed control with timing advance? Say a SPX, RS, or AE?
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:08 AM   #313
Tech Elite

This speedcontrol harvest out all the power out of your motor and batteries. I have not seen any ESC out on the market right now that can do what this speedcontrol can.

I would say yes Mamba Max Pro make your car go faster. It's Proven itself on the track.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post

Old 12-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #314
Tech Elite

Yes yes and Yes.... All I can say catch Mamba Max Pro if you can.... The adjustability on this speedcontrol is more than what the other ESC have and the program is user friendly. Just try it guys you will love it and come on for $120 you just can't beat that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit Man View Post
sure it's faster than a GTB, but is it faster than a good speed control with timing advance? Say a SPX, RS, or AE?

Old 12-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #315
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoder#9 View Post
sorry but i have been racing these toy cars 4 20 years! I had a gtb that burnt up! and i got a mamba and gained a lap! not by driving better!it is faster with all the adjustments and cheat mode.
Must be getting old xD

Dont see much difference between RS Pro and Speed Passions.
All it is is renamed functions. LRP dont have the adjustibility, Novak i never used, but the above mentioned seem about in par. dont see much fasterness going on.

Hybrid drive, Smart sense, Dual Drive, Auto Drive etc etc

Start up more DDRS, Cheatmode, Turbo

Throttle Curve can be Fine tuned in MMP, SP needs the special reader, RS has hotwire

All these 3 can set the timings

Have all 3 brands. I love em all. I do like one thing about the MMP more.
The fan is not always on. it turns on when needed. SP fan stays on at all times.
Tekin dont even have a fan.
Another thing is Its cheap MMP u get all teh bells and whistles w/o having ot buy bunch of extra readers.
U get ESC and the Adapter ready to adjust ur Timings to the moon to cook anything in ur path.