R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #226
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat View Post
The bec removal trick will work for more than one cell, not sure if that gives anymore voltage to the motor or not, and you have to run a reciever pack or provide some kind of radio power. Running a seperate reciever pack will help even on 2 cell as the radio is given better more consistant power, no brownouts and less glitching.
Be sure to check the R&R of the races you intend to participate. Some may deem it illegal to have additional battery.
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #227
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 649
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

If you remove the case it's about the same size as the Sphere comp speedo so it should fit in just about any car.

If you remove the case I would recommend putting some shoe goo at the base of the caps so that they have some strain relief. I had one pop off last night (offroad).

I had a friend of mine make a custom case that can be either glued on or held on with heatshrink. Makes it a lot easier to servo tape in the car and looks a little more factory. I'll see if I can grab a couple of pics when I get a chance.
Fred_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #228
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

My Mamba Max Pro came in today and i paid for and ordered a castle link last week ratther than having to wait.

Figured the free one will be a spare.


Quick question though please.
Where does the castle link connect?

The castle link i have came with a USB to small type USB connection and a PCB with a female small USB and a standard looking USB cable.

I've checked behind stickers and looked everywhere, but can't see any connections on the MMP that fit either of these.

Only connection i see available is the "Sensor" connector, but this is a different type connector.

Have i ordered the wrong type castle link, am i being a dumb ass, or is it hidden under a panel?
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:58 PM   #229
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
My Mamba Max Pro came in today and i paid for and ordered a castle link last week ratther than having to wait.

Figured the free one will be a spare.


Quick question though please.
Where does the castle link connect?

The castle link i have came with a USB to small type USB connection and a PCB with a female small USB and a standard looking USB cable.

I've checked behind stickers and looked everywhere, but can't see any connections on the MMP that fit either of these.

Only connection i see available is the "Sensor" connector, but this is a different type connector.

Have i ordered the wrong type castle link, am i being a dumb ass, or is it hidden under a panel?

It connects to the end of the plug that plugs into the receiver. The USB cable plugs into the other end. If the receiver doesn't light up then you have the speedo plug backwards, just turn it around and it will work.

Hope that helps,
Bill
BillMaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #230
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMaye View Post
It connects to the end of the plug that plugs into the receiver. The USB cable plugs into the other end. If the receiver doesn't light up then you have the speedo plug backwards, just turn it around and it will work.

Hope that helps,
Bill
Phew.

Fantastic Bill, that helps AND stops me going crazy

Thank you



Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:46 PM   #231
Tech Elite
 
Yokomo_Ant3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,404
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

where are these available from? any online shops?

Thanks Antoni
__________________
Antoni Caretti

Team Yokomo - Racing Performer - Sweep Racing
Yokomo_Ant3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #232
Tech Master
 
cyanyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KL, MY.
Posts: 1,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo_Ant3 View Post
where are these available from? any online shops?

Thanks Antoni
Try ebay. That's where I got mine from. Or liquidrc.com, only 1$ shipping.
__________________
/Adrian.

RC FB Pages Subscribed:
facebook.com/EPBuggy
facebook.com/AllStarChampionship
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:30 PM   #233
Tech Champion
 
smilekt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,536
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanyde View Post
Try ebay. That's where I got mine from. Or liquidrc.com, only 1$ shipping.
how mamba max pro perform compare to LRP or other best esc now ?
smilekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #234
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

uh u havent noticed folks are runnin outta stock everywhere in the last wk. and for good reason. b/c their smokin every1 in various forms and classes. everything from dirt oval to 1/12 scale.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #235
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Well 2 days into MMP ownership and i have to say i'm really impressed.

I don't race like a lot of you guys, but i do enter drift competitions and use my car most days either with the kids or mates.

Compared to the Ezrun, No Limits, Tamiya and a fair few other Esc's i've tried the MMP is not only stronger top end, but also seems to give finer control in between as well.

The car drives a lot smoother now and i still haven't played around with the settings much.

Only thing that i don't like so far is the fact that to swap between a brushed and brushless motor or back again takes aggesssssssssssss without the PC, as it's #9 in the order.


Ok not many other people will swap between B/BL like me, but compared to the LCD programmer for the Ezrun it's a bit of a ball ache carrying out any changes without the PC.

I guess the extra function it offers when the PC is connected make up for this though.
Still it'd be great if CC bought out a field program box like the Ezrun LCD program card.


Ohhh and the Esc really does not like my Hitec CRX radio, i have to have all the trims, EPA, sub trims and ATL at the maximum 125% before it would let me enter the receiver set up.


Just need to make my way through the settings now, see what works best for drifting.



Cheers
Mark
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #236
Tech Addict
 
Mac The Knife's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixer View Post
Well 2 days into MMP ownership and i have to say i'm really impressed.

I don't race like a lot of you guys, but i do enter drift competitions and use my car most days either with the kids or mates.

Compared to the Ezrun, No Limits, Tamiya and a fair few other Esc's i've tried the MMP is not only stronger top end, but also seems to give finer control in between as well.

The car drives a lot smoother now and i still haven't played around with the settings much.

Only thing that i don't like so far is the fact that to swap between a brushed and brushless motor or back again takes aggesssssssssssss without the PC, as it's #9 in the order.


Ok not many other people will swap between B/BL like me, but compared to the LCD programmer for the Ezrun it's a bit of a ball ache carrying out any changes without the PC.

I guess the extra function it offers when the PC is connected make up for this though.
Still it'd be great if CC bought out a field program box like the Ezrun LCD program card.


Ohhh and the Esc really does not like my Hitec CRX radio, i have to have all the trims, EPA, sub trims and ATL at the maximum 125% before it would let me enter the receiver set up.


Just need to make my way through the settings now, see what works best for drifting.



Cheers
Mark
You must have missed this then http://forums.radiocontrolzone.com/s...d.php?t=257926
__________________
The Original SC10 4X4 Clutch Basket

Steve McGeorge
Mac The Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #237
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,117
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Info I copied from the Car Action forum link above. This is cool. Man Castle is being very response to customers needs. I can't wait for Rev2 of the MMP in a smaller case and works with 1S lipo.
Attached Thumbnails
Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC-field-link-ground-001.jpg  
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design
5280raceway.com [Operated by - Colorado On-Road RC Club]
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 20-23rd 2017 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:58 PM   #238
Tech Adept
 
gixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 194
Default

Yep i did indeed miss that.

Thank you.


Nothing on the CC site yet, says in that link it'll be available Jan.
I'll keep me eye out for when it's available to order.


Thanks again.
__________________
HB Cyclone (WCE Exotek) x 2, Pro3 (Penguin chassis), Pro4, M-04M (Eunos Roadster)
Losi MRC, Axial XR-10
ERevo Erbe, HPI Firestorm (Nitro), Blitz,
gixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:58 PM   #239
ira
Tech Fanatic
 
ira's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Olathe, KS.
Posts: 972
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

O.K. Race report with the NEW PRO.

Overall very impressed, plenty of rip and the cheat mode is a nice feature.

One problem I ran into today, I'm racing 17.5 Sedan. I read in this thread that someone was having a problem with the ESC shutting off. If I lightly tap a corner the ESC stops for about 1 to 2 seconds.

I'm using a Losi 17.5 motor, I was talking to a friend and he said he was having the same problem with his ESC shutting off. He was NOT using the MAMBA MAX PRO, he was using a combo kit that came with the same motor. Losi sent him a second combo and he had the same results, could this be a problem with the Losi motor losing connection with the sensor.

I will call MAMBA in the morning to see if this is something they are working on, I will also try a different brand ( 17.5) motor next Sunday to see if it is the motor from Losi.

Any feedback will be great.
__________________
RC AMERICA, XRAY, FUTABA, O.S. ENGINES, BYRON FUELS, SPEEDWORLD RACEWAY, HOBBICO, MATRIX TIRES...
ira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #240
Tech Elite
 
Jochim_18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: CALI
Posts: 2,364
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Things you wanna check first:

1. Update the firmware to the newest version.
2. Check your timing make sure is not set to high.
3. Make sure your battery can handle the amp draw of this ESC.
__________________
Localrcracing.com - Your premiere source of Radio controlled Racing in central California.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread sharkman Electric Off-Road 18817 07-17-2017 07:08 PM
Mamba Max Pro BlueWalker Electric Off-Road 3283 06-20-2016 10:51 AM
Tekin Redline RS Sensored ESC and motors, opinions for offroad? Cain Electric Off-Road 4230 06-07-2015 03:38 PM
the Chopping Block-Crawler Wheels. ESC/Motor Combos-Baja stuff Timmahh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 05-23-2009 11:33 PM
Compatability of brushless ESC's and motors between makes Iceracer Electric On-Road 16 03-21-2007 07:00 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:03 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net