Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Here's what you have to do in 1 Cell, for those of you who might need that info. Get the 1 Cell version beta software from Castle first then you have to update the firmware to the 1.24 beta version. once you do that the ESC is now in 1 Cell mode and you can then go through and make the other changes through the software.

That fixed my radio issues.

Bill
Old 12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's my understanding you need to remove the BEC circuit from the PCB in order for 1S Lipo to work along with new software.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
It's my understanding you need to remove the BEC circuit from the PCB in order for 1S Lipo to work along with new software.
Yep, sure do and there is a specific 1 cell software the you have to install and then update the ESC. What I did was remove the chip but hadn't installed the 1 cell firmware. Once I did that it worked perfectly.

Bill
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Anyone have a setup for 17.5 touring?
Old 12-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm running a 5.9 FDR with a 17.5 balistic on 70x40 track. Running no timing with 40 deg CHEAT. Seems to work real good.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Had another good night of VTA. Still getting a slight hesitation at start every once in a while. Had three little "brown outs" where I lose bind or the speedo goes limp for a fraction of a second. I hope Castle gets this single cell stuff done and out of their system so they can concentrate on dialing in the firmware a little more. It's really good, but a few bugs are keeping it from being great.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

does the Mamba max pro include the usb cable for the laptop.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by s13evo
does the Mamba max pro include the usb cable for the laptop.
No. And the for the Castle Link, a redemption coupon is given. Use the coupon to claim a free CL on their online store.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lowcel
It looks like I will be sending one of my three mmp's back to castle today. This is the one that I run sensorless in my stadium truck. During normal driving it cuts off power to my receiver after about two minutes and a turn marshall has to turn my truck off and then back on again. When on the bench if I turn the front wheels (steer) back and forth real quick a few times it cuts the power off to the receiver. Sometimes it is just for a split second, other times it lasts for a while then the power comes back on but it has to be turned off and back on again to get it to work.

I tried two different servos to see if that was the problem. I rebinded my receiver to see if that was the problem. I tried two different receivers to see if it was the receiver. I tried two different batteries to make sure that wasn't causing it. Finally I tried another esc and that fixed the problem.
I wanted to post an update on this one, come to find out the used servo that I purchased on here was causing all of my problems. Once I started fresh with a different servo and receiver everything works fine. I guess it's possible that the mmp (and sidewinder that I tried) along with the spektrum receivers won't handle a ko-propo 2367. My other cars with ko-propo servo's, mmp's, and spektrum receivers work fine though.

I'll be calling Castle later today and telling them to toss my warranty request.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what was wrong with the servo that you used? is it possible it could be the voltage going to the servo was either to much or not enough?
Old 12-14-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wait a minute
what was wrong with the servo that you used? is it possible it could be the voltage going to the servo was either to much or not enough?
It would cause the receiver to lose power and the car would have to be turned off and back on again to reset it. I have the bec set at 6 volts but I tried 6.5 and 7 volts as well, still no luck. Sometimes I got about two minutes of run time before it quit, other times only a few seconds of run time. It was very frustrating though not being able to finish a heat or a main.

I even purchased a Sidewinder esc to use until I received the warranty replacement mmp and I still had the exact same problem. I tried two different receivers. I thought it was the receiver problem after I figured out that it wasn't the esc but come to find out that after I used the servo on a receiver it would have the same problem no matter what servo I used. So now I get to send a couple of receivers back to spektrum to have them serviced. The member that sold me the servo says that it worked fine when he shipped it though so I'm clueless.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Install a capacitor to your receiver the amount of AMPS this speedo is pulling is probably causing it not giving enough voltage to your Receiver. I did have the same problem but when I install a capacitor walla problem fix.

Originally Posted by lowcel
It would cause the receiver to lose power and the car would have to be turned off and back on again to reset it. I have the bec set at 6 volts but I tried 6.5 and 7 volts as well, still no luck. Sometimes I got about two minutes of run time before it quit, other times only a few seconds of run time. It was very frustrating though not being able to finish a heat or a main.

I even purchased a Sidewinder esc to use until I received the warranty replacement mmp and I still had the exact same problem. I tried two different receivers. I thought it was the receiver problem after I figured out that it wasn't the esc but come to find out that after I used the servo on a receiver it would have the same problem no matter what servo I used. So now I get to send a couple of receivers back to spektrum to have them serviced. The member that sold me the servo says that it worked fine when he shipped it though so I'm clueless.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Install a capacitor to your receiver the amount of AMPS this speedo is pulling is probably causing it not giving enough voltage to your Receiver. I did have the same problem but when I install a capacitor walla problem fix.
I tried a capacitor, bought the spektrum cap Friday hoping it would take care of the problem. Unfortunately it didn't help.

I even tried it while on the bench with the motor not hooked up, just turning the wheels (steering) back and forth and it still shut off when using the ko-propo 2367 servo.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well I guess it's the servo
Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
Which capacitor did you end up using? Part number?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.