Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Castle Creations Mamba Max Pro Sensored ESC

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Did a short test on track with my MMP today. I can now let my Tekin RS Pro rest in my pit box until a new software is good enough comes along. Loving the MMP..........
Old 12-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

how are the MMPros comparing to other ESCs like the Speed Passion GT 2.0s?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Needing some help with MMP... I'm running this in 1 cell with the 1 cell software with a futaba 3PK and FASST system... when I pull the throttle it has no power to the motor, if I release the throttle and pull it again it takes off and sometimes it just dies out, I can pump the throttle and it seems to work a bit.

Anybody having any issues like this?

Bill
Old 12-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Look at the instruction manual how to setup a FUTABA Fasst Radio....

Originally Posted by BillMaye
Needing some help with MMP... I'm running this in 1 cell with the 1 cell software with a futaba 3PK and FASST system... when I pull the throttle it has no power to the motor, if I release the throttle and pull it again it takes off and sometimes it just dies out, I can pump the throttle and it seems to work a bit.

Bill
Old 12-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Hands Down the fastest speedcontrol out there right now.... and the adjustable profiles setup you have on MMM PRO is way a lot more than any other speedcontrol out on the market right now.

Originally Posted by Cain
how are the MMPros comparing to other ESCs like the Speed Passion GT 2.0s?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:49 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillMaye

Bill
Not sure if you did this but Futabe radios require you to have servo reversed on the throttle side with the MMP, Sidewinder or Mamba Max.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Elite

Castles customer service is top notch they even sponsor my event last year at my track. Check out goldenhillsraceway.com

Originally Posted by lowcel
Thanks but I don't think it is the switch. After explaining the issue to the people at Castle I imagine if they would have thought it was the switch they would have mentioned it to me rather than volunteering to just send me a new esc.

The firmware was updated to the newest a couple of weeks ago. I reloaded the latest version of the firmware hoping that it would take care of the problem but unfortunately it did not help.

Last night I took the lead from the mmp on my T3 and the mmp from my T2 and hooked them both (one at a time) up to the receiver on my speed-t and everything worked fine. I'm pretty sure it is just a bad esc. It's inconvenient but it's not really a big deal, with electronics things go bad from time to time.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Do you have to have the speedo connected to your laptop in order for the software to come up on the screen like a Tekin, or can you pull up the software at anytime without it being connected?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Do you have to have the speedo connected to your laptop in order for the software to come up on the screen like a Tekin, or can you pull up the software at anytime without it being connected?
I always open the software and then I connect to my mmp. You can't really do much with the software without connecting though.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ken give me a call if you have any questions and I will help you out.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lowcel
I always open the software and then I connect to my mmp. You can't really do much with the software without connecting though.
Thats cool, I just wanted to take a look and see what the differences are between the two.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats cool, I just wanted to take a look and see what the differences are between the two.
Tekin products all the way???? May want to change that IF you're switching sides...

OH........ and Pann Carr is my HERO too
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Besides the Size I have nothign to complain about with the new Software =D
Old 12-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by scootr117
Tekin products all the way???? May want to change that IF you're switching sides...

OH........ and Pann Carr is my HERO too
Not thinking of switching sides, just want to see what the Mamba software looks like. I have a friend back East that runs for Castle, and he really seems to like it. If I do switch, I'll be sure and change that.

I told John last night at the Hobbyshop that I was going to put that in my signature as a joke, and several others egged me on.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the older NON sensored MM in my off road stuff....the link is fairly nifty ...I like being able to BEND the throttle curves to help from losing traction in the dirt....I did just get a Tekin for the 1-12th scale and it will end up in the VTA for the summer....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.