Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 01-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Yup that's a good solution. I'm gonna do it. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys... I also used velcro to keep the batt from sliding out the sides, but it didn't hold well when the car was slammed into the wall whilst in forward motion...
So i added a stop brace on the underside of the hold down strap... then i swapped out the velcro for some foam rubber pads which worked just as well...
For some reason the velcro did not like the heat from the battery and often lost it's grip... see the pics below...

Alien
Old 01-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Friendly advice ...

Move the switch more inside the chassis , because now that it's on the edge it's very exposed to hits which can terminally damage it
Old 01-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Adept

noted
Old 01-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

BTW very nice chassis , looks very nice and neat. Certainly running at much higher speeds than I am About parts availability , I order them directly from Xray . I am a lot closer to them than you so it might be a problem for you

You should do this process to your chassis , I'm planning to do it aswell

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

It's a great protection against chassis , especially for oldtimers such as ours
Old 01-05-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

thanks man... I want to clean it up a little more and add some new parts... very interesting article... definitely something to consider when i do the tear down... thanks for sharing it UrabusDenis...

Here is the official build: | tc | xray t1 evo2 | vector x12 4.5t | c-hubs |

Alien

Last edited by angry-alien; 01-05-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey what are people's favorite bodies for a T1?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by angry-alien
Hi guys... I also used velcro to keep the batt from sliding out the sides, but it didn't hold well when the car was slammed into the wall whilst in forward motion...
So i added a stop brace on the underside of the hold down strap... then i swapped out the velcro for some foam rubber pads which worked just as well...
For some reason the velcro did not like the heat from the battery and often lost it's grip... see the pics below...

Alien
i have a little advice for you and everyone else, especially you, i see that you zip tied your Motor cables to your top deck, and it looks like you tied it pretty tied. thats a big no no, it could cause your chassis to tweak. i did weight balancing on my car and always found that the right rear wheel was nearly applying 10g more pressure than the left rear wheel, tried as i could i couldnt get both rear wheels to weigh close, then i thought about the wires tweaking the chassis, and i just cut off the zip tie, thus freeing the cables from the top deck, voila ! my left rear and right rear wheels show the same weight, with only 0.4g difference !

also thatt fan position that bud shown is good, becuase it allows the air to build up some velocity, by having a distance from the fan to the motor, i tried it last night, made a brace from some lexan and i could feel the powerful breeze to the motor and battery compartment !
Old 01-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Alien
i have a little advice for you and everyone else, especially you, i see that you zip tied your Motor cables to your top deck, and it looks like you tied it pretty tight. thats a big no no, it could cause your chassis to tweak. i did weight balancing on my car and always found that the right rear wheel was nearly applying 10g more pressure than the left rear wheel, tried as i could i couldnt get both rear wheels to weigh close, then i thought about the wires tweaking the chassis, and i just cut off the zip tie, thus freeing the cables from the top deck, voila ! my left rear and right rear wheels show the same weight, with only 0.4g difference !

also thatt fan position that bud shown is good, becuase it allows the air to build up some velocity, by having a distance from the fan to the motor, i tried it last night, made a brace from some lexan and i could feel the powerful breeze to the motor and battery compartment !
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

hmmm... never thought about it that way... I always thought by having the wires freed from a stable surface would allow them to saw wildly during 'high G'
maneuvers and upset the car's balance then... but i will definitely look into yours advice... should I have the individual wires free or can i bundle them together?
Old 01-06-2011, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Wow , really artistic pics of a great car

Your car is a cross between different T1s , just like mine T1s are This was very often when they were actual because of the interchangeability of the parts. The T1 Evo 2 has golden aluminium parts while yours has silver ones , which are in the original T1 and T1 FK04 . You can tell though it's a Evo 2
because of the multi-shock mouting holes.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...1&catName=Cars
Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

hmmm... never thought about it that way... I always thought by having the wires freed from a stable surface would allow them to saw wildly during 'high G'
maneuvers and upset the car's balance then... but i will definitely look into yours advice... should I have the individual wires free or can i bundle them together?
yes you can tie the wires together but not to the top deck. the wires are pretty heavy and somewhat stiff, they wont sway much actually, by the way, i cut my cables and only give a little slack so that they wont swereve around, and also will stay as low as possible.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Yep... it started out as T1 evo2... now it's on the journey to being a T1 fk04 car... if you look at the first two photos in the build, they'll illustrate the before and after
effect when oven cleaner is used to remove the anodizing (it looked like a dirty brown to me)... I am not sure if i'll be changing the bulkheads, i don't really see
the need...I have ordered some new parts for the build to put a little closer to the FK04 model... when they get here, i'll install and update the build thread...

Alien
Old 01-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alcyon
yes you can tie the wires together but not to the top deck. the wires are pretty heavy and somewhat stiff, they wont sway much actually, by the way, i cut my cables and only give a little slack so that they wont swereve around, and also will stay as low as possible.
Nice... thanks for the advice man... I have some work ahead of me then...

Alien
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Adept

Oh alcyon, you have a double posting there..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.