Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Ray - Those pieces look nice. Let me know how they work out for you. I find I have a hard time with ride height with the stock spring perches and yes, I have bent 3º Xray alum c-hubs too...it stinks!
WIll do. I ran one pack through the car last night as I stopped int to track to pick somethng up. Clobbered a few boards cause I cannot drive in low grip (we just chnaged layouts and vacuumed the carpet to get all the tire dust out of it). So far so good.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Robfo
Hi my shell is blue/yellow and white (based on the Renault F1 colour scheme). What about yours?

I'm not sure about the brushes, i've only been racing in stock for 8 months so i really dont know. The guy who kindly does my motors prefers 4499's in 2 mag monsters, but for quad mag ones i don't know because i've never had one.

Corey Bernardo, RobFo----- LOL australian style thats sounds like it should be in my kamasutra book!!!
to be honest i was thinking more of a Kung Fu style
Thanks, this sunday will be my 2nd time racing stock ever

O, and my shell is just a plain red mazda..boring i know but i;m in need of a new shell anyway

what motors you using? I would of been using EAs this weekend but haven't had chance to put in an order for some...will be after crimbo till i order some probably

went to Tag's models today (its only down the road from my dads work, and i;m doing work exp. at my dads place) and they only had some orion "pro stock bullet sprint brushes" in or something like that, all the others were shitty cheapo things..so i had to get some of them.

when i'm down there on sunday im gonna go speak to the guy at newbold though, see if its he got any decent ones in..i really liked them trnity diangol serrated ones (god knows what compound they were..but they sure did wear down fast!)
Old 12-10-2004, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Please help I need a setup for a T1 FK I just got today (diff front and rear). I run out doors asphalt on rubber (cs27) medium traction and little bumpy. The track is an open layout.

Thanks for all the help. I am jumping from the Corally bandwagon to the X-Ray bandwagon. So thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joe Maxey
Please help I need a setup for a T1 FK I just got today (diff front and rear). I run out doors asphalt on rubber (cs27) medium traction and little bumpy. The track is an open layout.

Thanks for all the help. I am jumping from the Corally bandwagon to the X-Ray bandwagon. So thanks in advance.
you may want to try and get toastie's setup. He runs in austin and probably on the track you go to.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default FK back in stock !

Hey everyone

Im sure alot of you already know but for those who dont STORMER have the FK back in stock....

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/

Mine is on order and on the way

Be sure to get in quick as im sure they will not last too long.

Cheers
Michael
Old 12-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by theisgroup
you may want to try and get toastie's setup. He runs in austin and probably on the track you go to.
To hard to get a hold of him. He thinks school is more important. j/k.

I was needing something tonight to start with when I get to the track in the morning.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Can someone post the links to the modifications you guys make to the Evo2/FK. any help is appreciated-chad
Old 12-10-2004, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Joe Maxey
To hard to get a hold of him. He thinks school is more important. j/k.

I was needing something tonight to start with when I get to the track in the morning.
Hey Joe, whats happening?

Hey man, if you still need a set-up, call up Russel Hamilton, Larry Pierdolla, or Paul. Their cars are all hooked up down here. I would give you my set-up, but after over a month, I still haven't got to race my car yet, lol.

See ya,
Mike Patterson

P.M. me for their phone numbers.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A pic of my XRAY FK
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-img_0935c.jpg  
Old 12-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

why you're running the longer arms ?

Last edited by mazmorbid; 12-18-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can't get the front end narrow enough with the short arms.
If you guys have any ideas on that I would appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got my Team Tamale parts today. Has anyone else had alot of up & down play in the c-hubs? Mine have quiet a bit and the fan mount doesn't line up with the hole. Also, do I need to use the FK rear shock tower to use the new camber mounts?
Old 12-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Default pics of my xray

hey peeps...here are some pics of my xray, thought i'd put some up seen as though i haven't posted any yet.

racing the little bitch tomorrow...2nd time racing stock so i'll see how rubbish i can do]

Old 12-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nrctc3
I got my Team Tamale parts today. Has anyone else had alot of up & down play in the c-hubs? Mine have quiet a bit and the fan mount doesn't line up with the hole. Also, do I need to use the FK rear shock tower to use the new camber mounts?
you should not have any play on the c-hubs.pull tem out of the car and mount the hub on the outer hing pin and see if there is play in that piece.

As far as the fan mount, they will not line up. you just put a screw through the bulkhead and sinch it down on the bulkhead, there is not much that will move the fan, so you don't need to crank down on it. Yes you will need to factory shock towers to use the rear roll center mounts.

let me know if you have any problems with the piece. I will be racing with Team tamale tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

with the Team Tamale C-Hubs, do you still need to put bushings in? Or do they come with them? I heard with the Xray ones they come with bushings but you also need to put another one, maybe i am wrong.

Jon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.