Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The aluminum parts take unwanted flex out of the suspension. Generally good for very high traction conditions like carpet with foam tires.

-Korey Harbke
Old 11-17-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by raving-monkey
but one thing i dont understand is why you people want all these alu steering blocks, chubbys etc.....

i aint the greatest driver in the world and i haven't broken a plastic chubby for aaaaaages

last one i broke must of been around april ish...yes since then ive had other cars but i have had a t1r and now back with an evo2 and i haven't broken any.

just extra unnessecary weight
The car reacts faster with them feels more planted. As far as flex there is none I would never tried the aluminum C-hubs if it wern't for the GREAT X-RAY PARTS SHORTAGE of 2004 its all i could get at the time! But glad I did.... was happy with the way the car felt.

Now there reason I asked about the aftermarket ones is because the xray ones do bend which I did bend one this past week end.(its a long story) I heard that the team tamle ones were made of a stronger aluminum.

as far as weight give me a break The FK is so under weight right out of the box what is the differance ( I had to ADD 3.75 OZ to make weight at a recent ROAR event)

HEY! JD you should have that part by friday
Old 11-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by howard hudson
The car reacts faster with them feels more planted. As far as flex there is none I would never tried the aluminum C-hubs if it wern't for the GREAT X-RAY PARTS SHORTAGE of 2004 its all i could get at the time! But glad I did.... was happy with the way the car felt.

Now there reason I asked about the aftermarket ones is because the xray ones do bend which I did bend one this past week end.(its a long story) I heard that the team tamle ones were made of a stronger aluminum.

as far as weight give me a break The FK is so under weight right out of the box what is the differance ( I had to ADD 3.75 OZ to make weight at a recent ROAR event)

Thanks again Howard.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default New car for X-Mas

I have decided to go for an Xray FK but is abit concerned that a new version might be in the works being the current kit is almost a year old. Any idea if a new version is coming out?
Old 11-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There's always a new versionof every car int he works...

and that includes the 1:1 car you drive back and forth to work...

if you'lre always waiting for the next big thing you'll never do anything and life will just pass you by...

In the hands of a skilled driver an Xray T1 original is still a formidable racing machine...

don't worry about the FK being made obsolete...

I don't care what comes out..if you can't make the car competitive....it's the driver
Old 11-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well said.

Rob
Old 11-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

oops..typo in the above....meant to say if you can't make the T1 FK competitive...

watch the lurkers leap out to point out that the T1 FK didn't have any cars in the A at the world....but they did have 6 inthe top 20...and if you look at the times in the qualifiers and the mains you'd be hard pressed to say that it wasn't competitive....and I think that just about everyone would say that the best drivers on that weekend were in the A...even if the best kit wasn't
Old 11-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
There's always a new versionof every car int he works...

and that includes the 1:1 car you drive back and forth to work...

if you'lre always waiting for the next big thing you'll never do anything and life will just pass you by...

In the hands of a skilled driver an Xray T1 original is still a formidable racing machine...

don't worry about the FK being made obsolete...

I don't care what comes out..if you can't make the car competitive....it's the driver
thanks for your useless reply.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Man, Chris, you're just inviting trouble, aren't you?

Ya know, if someone does bring that up, just remind them of how many TC4's didn't make it either.

Rob
Old 11-17-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by danjoy25
thanks for your useless reply.
It wasn't useless. It was dead on accurate. On any given chassis, there's always prototype parts, or an altogether new car being tested. It's just product evolution.

Like Chris said, if you wait until there's nothing on the horizon, you'll never buy anything.

Bottom line: The FK is a great, great, car. You won't be disappointed.

Rob
Old 11-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Man, Chris, you're just inviting trouble, aren't you?

Ya know, if someone does bring that up, just remind them of how many TC4's didn't make it either.

Rob
I guess I just needed to make another useless reply?

There were some new parts being used at the worlds...whether this signals a new kit or not is up for debate...

It does sound like they are trying yet again to tweak and optimize the design of the kit...

After all the testing and prototyping it may end up left as-is...

The performance level of this kit is high enough that in the vast majority of the population the capabilities of the car will NOT be the limiting factor in its performance.

If a new version...correction...WHEN a new version is released it will in all likelihood raise the bar yet again. Does it make the T1 FK any less capable than it was before? Not at all....

Is it worth waiting for something that may arrive in a few months,...or a year...that's up to you.

Rest assured though...that even before the new kit hits the shelves..whenever that may be...the next version is already in development.

At the speed business moves, if you're not constantly working on your product you're moving backwards....because everyone else will soon catch up to you...and then pass you by
Old 11-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i totally agree with Windsorguy99. if you dont want to have your car updated in the future you might as well just wait till the day xray goes out of business so it cant be updated. i race gokarts nationally and i dont always have the newest chassis but i still do well and i update when i feel that i need to(and when i have the money).
Old 11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by howard hudson

what 3.75oz in grams? i had to add 90 grams at a recent event so as long as they dont take the car above minimum weight its alright..but it is nice to be able to balance the car with leasd weights.
Old 11-18-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

3,75 oz is 106 g.

This car is light! I also have about 90g on my car to get it up to legal wheight (1500g).
Old 11-18-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Currently, I'm sitting 110 grams underweight.

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.