Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

The region 2 race is going to be awesome. The competition there on a weekly basis is rediculous, if the other fast guys from the region show up look out.
Old 11-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yo Cuffs! what up bro, long time no see!!!!!!!!!! Dude I would deffenetly consider going, but I need my Xray stuff first lol. And when it arrives friday, dont you think its kinda calling it short. Figure i have to put it together, find a setup, paint a body lol.. So whats up can u make some hottt trinity/xray stickers for a brother? let me know dawg...
Old 11-02-2004, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Im planning to buy a new tc but im not sure what to get. im looking at the pro4, XRAY T1FK, TC4 OR THE CORALLY RDX. wHAT COULD BE THE BEST CHOICE? Is the xray a good car. They didnt make it to the a main at the worlds....
Old 11-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
Im planning to buy a new tc but im not sure what to get. im looking at the pro4, XRAY T1FK, TC4 OR THE CORALLY RDX. wHAT COULD BE THE BEST CHOICE? Is the xray a good car. They didnt make it to the a main at the worlds....
Just because it didn't make the A main at the Worlds doesn't reflect how great a car it is. Besides any of those guys could drive any car and win. Xtreme RC just did a shoot out on all available touring cars and the FK won it all. It is a very fast and smooth car, and durable as well. But get a car based on what the majority of the fast guys are racing at your track and parts availability.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

XRAY is NOT a good car ... serious!!!
Its a GREAT CAR!!!

One thing good about XRAY cars that its a very simple yet technical car where anyone from an Avarage Joe to the Pros can drive. Check out www.teamxray.com and go the the forum. It has lots of information for everyone.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

yokomo mr4tc sd : low cg, nice car, aggressive handling, lots of hop up options, but weak on suspension arms.

tamiya trf 415 : low cg, superb, strong build, consistent feeling, lots of hop up options, but sometimes the suspension arms got broken too.

tamiya tb evo4 : same like trf 415 but little bit more aggressive

xray t1 fk : low cg except the spur gear ( old design ), very stable and calm, it feels like the car is on rails, the strongest car off all. Limited hop up options in the market.

Personally I like driving yokomo mr4tc sd, but I have bought two xray t1 fk recently because these cars are the strongest and lightest. I admired the ingenious design such as the differential system, ackerman steering linkage and wheel hub bearings system.

Actually you can't go wrong with the above cars because they are designed to race. The most important thing is driving skill and how do you set up your car correctly.

Last edited by asw7576; 11-02-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Don't forget the fact that the design is stable. I can still use the newer parts with my First Generation T1.

With the other listed cars (specially Tamiya) you'll find yourself having to upgrade kits when the manufacturer comes out with a new car. Upgrade is not necessary of course, but you'll feel like you have to just to "keep up". With X-ray, you're only a few parts upgrade away from the latest kit Iteration

And the kit is very durable. Yokomo can never match that!!!

Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Yup.... hop up options is waste of money.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asw7576
Yup.... hop up options is waste of money.
Hop ups? Never inside a Xray driver dictionary.
Sometimes, hop ups can really make a BIG hole in your pocket if your not carefull. Been there! Done that!

p/s : Speaking from experience
Old 11-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Tech Addict

Cool

Thank you for your reply....the top racer here in our place uses an xray but i wanted your opinions....so i think the xray is for me then. please give me advise for good set-up. the race trck here is concrete made of cement but we regularly spray it with molasses for better traction. also. track temps are a bit high. the track is very technical with a couple of chicanes and some tight corners. we have a short strahight just about 22 meters.by the way, does the xray have a front spool?
Old 11-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody running he XRC chassis out there and what are your thoughts?
Old 11-03-2004, 03:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

^ would like to know the same. I was thinking of getting that new Xray Rigid or the BMI, but so far i am leaning towards BMI.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for your reply....the top racer here in our place uses an xray but i wanted your opinions....so i think the xray is for me then. please give me advise for good set-up. the race trck here is concrete made of cement but we regularly spray it with molasses for better traction. also. track temps are a bit high. the track is very technical with a couple of chicanes and some tight corners. we have a short strahight just about 22 meters.by the way, does the xray have a front spool?
you can get a spool but it doesnt come in the kit
Old 11-03-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cant go wrong with BMI stuff. its great. I have had a 350 chassis and it was good. I currently run the staggerd chassis and it is very good as well but in high bite the batteries being all the way forward may put too much weight up there for stock.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by Joneser
anybody running he XRC chassis out there and what are your thoughts?
from the fast guys at our track, they seam to notice a push to the right and good steering to the left. They have check the chassis for tweak but have found none. Half the guys are going back to the original kit chassis. They have not figured out the slight difference in handling from right to left. the other half are forging forward and staggering the saddle packs to see if that will cure the problem. The thinking is that the servo has been moved soo far back that it has changed the static weight of the car. I personall don't have the xrc chassis so I can not validate any of this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.