Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

my FK is on order, but I was wondering if there is anything else I should get to run carpet?
Spool or 1 way or diff?
any other parts specific to carpet??

let me know what you run
Old 08-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well the one-way isnt going to be necessary unless your track is very big with big turns. And for the Spool, you can use it on carpet but your front foams will wear out quicker since the wheels are spinning at the sametime.

They say in the handy set-up book- Spool is best suited for carpet tracks or short tracks with alot of traffic, where maximum effective braking is required. Off-power steering is reduced. Front solid axle should be used only at the front of the car, with a rear diff and original solid central layshaft. It achieves maximum 4WD braking, while being very stable and easy to drive.

So in other words, spool is used for carpet that needs alot of braking involved.

when you get your kit, just check out the set-up book that is given and it should tell you alot about the car and what you can get for different types of races.

Hope it helps

-Jon
Old 08-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for that Jon,
I just want to order the 'extras' at the same time as the kit so I can build them right on to the car the first time and then not have to strip and rebuild and also to be close with the setup straight away.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

its not that big of a pain to get to strip and rebuild, just 10 screws or so and then everything falls out and falls back into place. No problem. It was all the set-up book.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

yeah ok, but if someone here has a great carpet setup and I can get all the bits I need all at the same time from the get go then I can be on the pace right from day 1. I'm not bothered about the strip/ rebuild stuff, only that if I know from the start what works then I am not 'wasting' race days. I am brand new to X Ray, but have run TC3's, Mi2's, Tamiya belt and shaft cars and HPi's

Maybe I'm not putting this well.

What works on carpet? is it the kit as it comes out of the box?
or is it something else that I should buy to get the best carpet setup?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Okay, now i get your question. Yea i think your going to need to buy another diff because the FK comes with a one-way and you probably dont want to use that on carpet so much. I believe the diff ratio on the FK are 1.77 so be sure to get a 1.77 diff not the 2.125. But other than that, i believe the FK Kit is awesome outta the box. Also might want to get some springs. For carpet alot of people use Purple/light Purple combos or Violet/Purple. And of course gotta get some foams.

I personnally run Purple springs all around. Jaco foams (compound: Front-Orange/Pink Rear-Purple) I hear Double-Pink Orange and DBL Pink are an awesome carpet set-up. Let us know how it goes.

-Jon
Old 08-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by utracer
ok guys I agree I am so tired of trying to get my xxx-s G+ to keep up with the other cars I want an x-ray so bad they look awsome anyone know where there is one available or is there a wait eveywhere?? I checked stormer hobbies and they are out
RCAmerica is still waiting on their first major shipment from Xray. Since they are now the main importer to the USA, everyone is waiting for that first shipment also. Not to be to specific...but wait about 3 days for that first shipment to come in, then however long for everything to get sent to all of the distributors.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Does the FK Shocks differ from the evo2 and T1R shock towers? For some reason i tried all the bodies i got and the rear shock tower on my FK dont fit the holes i put on the other Xray kits? What gives?

Is it me, or is it the kit?
Old 08-29-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

i think the factory and evo2/t1r shocks are all exactly the same.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

If you go to Josh Cyrul's website for his 1/12th scale car company, you will find all his X-ray setups. He even has his winning Carpet Nationals setup there. As for the front diff on carpet, most people use a ball diff not a spool or a one-way.

CEFX,Cyrul Engineering FX
http://www.cefx.net/
Old 08-29-2004, 07:04 PM

Originally posted by rustler753
Oh yeah and where can i buy the Xray t1 factory that IS IN STOCK!!?
We have more than a dozen in stock if you still needed.

And about the comparison to losi, it`s like you comparing an a corvette with a Modena. Speed may have been the same bacause of engine matters (motor in this case). Just have one, and put in on the table side by side with the losi, you`ll know what I meant.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by raving-monkey
i think the factory and evo2/t1r shocks are all exactly the same.
X-ray T1 shocks are aluminium shock bodies and front to rear are different sizes (in length)

Evo 2 are aluminium and same size all round

T1R are plastic bodies same size all round

T1FK are same as T1R
Old 08-29-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, I own a T1. What do i need to change to make the shock lengths the same all round? The front and rear shock bodies are of the same length...which means i only need to change the shock shafts? Also, do i need to change the shock towers? Thanks.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The shocks on the Evo 2 were plastic as well. Alloy shock bodies are a hop up option.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default vid's of the Clev Carpect Nats A-Mains

anyone know where I can find videos of this years Carpet Nats????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.