Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Addict

Location: If Nissan Motorsport is Nismo, Then Honda Motorsport must be Homo

Originally posted by kaizen
I seem to remember, not too many pages back, that someone posted about their belt flipping over on them during a run. This happened to me this weekend during my main and I was wondering if anyone can remember how to prevent it from happening again. I can't seem to find the solution. Note that I also am running my belts one step "looser" than the stock setting in 19T and stock.

Cheers.
Thats was happening to me but only in modified(I tried it on all tension settings.) I then discovered it was because the teeth on the one way pulley had a nice groove in them on one side(i think a rock or soemthing wen't throught it. Try swapping diffs and see if there is a difference. I did and it never came off with the Novak B/L (very tourqy) even though the belt had a huge kink in it due it's constant flipping
Old 07-27-2004, 01:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Belt flipping

I had the belt flipping over on the front pulley because the belt was too loose.
Because of this the belt became "bent", tightening the belt didn't help and I needed to replace it.

I sure found out the Xray isn't meant to be a RWD car
Old 07-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Battery help

Im wanting to run 6 cells on the left side for oval racing, but the battery does not fit in between the balkheads. Any suggestions on what to do? I hate to file the bulk heads down but dont know what else to do.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what car are you running? the Evo 2? And to let you know 6 cells on one side of the chassis will throw your weight off alot. I have never done oval before so i dont know the rules, but you should stick with saddle 3x3.
Old 07-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Running the Evo 2 FOC.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

FACTORY KIT
Has anybody used the long wheel base yet . ie;; did it put more weight over the front wheels to aid steering?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

I've seen Ralph Burch do it at the recent ROAR Nats, it puts an extreme angle on the rear universals. Works fine enough to make the A.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

I like the mid range set-up [257]; better tracking and power transfer on carpet.

The longer WB worked ok on asphalt track, with medium bite and sweeping turns.

Good luck!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

josh's carpet setup is long wheelbase as well
Old 07-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anyone have pics of a T1-R (or any T1) with all electronics installed? Car is ready to go - just need to mount electronics and run some wires!!

Thanks,
Deric
Old 07-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks vassago, kennedy and pyramid! I am going to try going back to the stock setting...if it happens again.

Yeah, you are right about the 2 wheel drive. That was wild! Interestingly, after a few laps I got used to it and I was able to turn a lap within .5 seconds of the fastest lap in 19t...hmm, maybe this 2wd thing will be the "next thing."

Originally posted by Pyramid
I suggest to run 1 step tighter to make sure all belt face sticking to pulleys. Try avoid belt tensioner if possible as it just mean as another drag. I guess thats why they all comes up with eccentric hub style.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by stumper1
Anyone have pics of a T1-R (or any T1) with all electronics installed? Car is ready to go - just need to mount electronics and run some wires!!

Thanks,
Deric
Here is a pic of how I wired my old Evo2. I use corally style battery connectors but you could wire it the same as this and just solder the batts like most people do.

Xray T1 Evo2 wiring
Old 07-28-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default quick question....

I was thinking of using the outer holes on the servo saver, where the steering linkages go. i realize that the linkages would be a bit shorter and ackerman setting will change too. What are the genaral effects/characteristics with handling by doing this?

Also on the Xray site, i see the they came out with an ackerman option. I cant picture the part installed on the car. Has anyone tried this already? or have any pics? Any info would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

glide 1
Old 07-28-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Long to short arms conversion

Hi guys,
Other than the arms themselves, what other parts are required for the conversion to short arms. I have a T1R. Thanks a bunch.
Ron
Old 07-28-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

I just bought Evo 2 with the BMI chassis and the short arm suspension, first of all let me just say this thing is sWEEEEET, but of course all of you Xray vets already new that, right? Anywho, I've got a situation, can any of you guys either post or email me the instructions that came with the short arm conversion? I only have the original Evo 2 instructions, I kinda stumbled through rebuilding the rear but I'm not sure I put it back exactly right. And I still got the front to go. Can someone please help a fellow racer?
Thanks guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.