Old 06-15-2004, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

joneser: ygpm.
Old 06-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally posted by evaa
guys, i noticed that the FK bulkheads has three holes for the lower arm mounts, in relation to the FOC bulkheads, how are they situated? is the third hole above the two holes or is it in the middle of the two holes? tanx guys.
the third hole is in the middle. bottom is zero degrees, top is 3 degrees and middle is 1.5
Old 06-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Belt tension

Hey all,

How goes it in FK world? I am about to pt my new FK bulkheads on my car and am currently running the belts "loose", but not to the loosest settings. I have run stock and modified with a 8x1 on carpet and never heard the belt skip. And in stock-car has as much rip off the corners as my Tc3 or Pro4. SO I dont think I need to tighten them to get more rip.

MY question is how loose have you guys tried the belts and any problems encountered? DId you loose rip but gain top speed if you ran FULL loose? I HATE taking bulkheads off so I am asking so I can set-em once and forget-em.

Ray
Old 06-15-2004, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Belt tension

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey all,

How goes it in FK world? I am about to pt my new FK bulkheads on my car and am currently running the belts "loose", but not to the loosest settings. I have run stock and modified with a 8x1 on carpet and never heard the belt skip. And in stock-car has as much rip off the corners as my Tc3 or Pro4. SO I dont think I need to tighten them to get more rip.

MY question is how loose have you guys tried the belts and any problems encountered? DId you loose rip but gain top speed if you ran FULL loose? I HATE taking bulkheads off so I am asking so I can set-em once and forget-em.

Ray
HAHA! that sound like that infomertial, "You set is, and forget it"
Old 06-15-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Belt tension

Hey all,

Ray
I ran my car's belt completely loose. In stock and 19T, it's almost mandatory to free up the car as much as possible. I've had the belt skip only at the start of the race, at the sound of the tone. Once you get the car going, it won't skip. Even on tight corners.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

would anyone be willing to post some pictures of there car, for a upcoming buyer for the factory xray kit?

lazyboy
Old 06-15-2004, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Belt tension

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I ran my car's belt completely loose. In stock and 19T, it's almost mandatory to free up the car as much as possible. I've had the belt skip only at the start of the race, at the sound of the tone. Once you get the car going, it won't skip. Even on tight corners.
Thanks!! Was that front and rear belt at full loose?

Thanks
Ray
Old 06-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Belt tension

Thanks!! Was that front and rear belt at full loose?

Thanks
Ray
Yes, both belts are full loose.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lazyboy
would anyone be willing to post some pictures of there car, for a upcoming buyer for the factory xray kit?

lazyboy
Good pictures are at www.teamxray.com.

It has all the pictures that you'll ever need.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by forty6
Good pictures are at www.teamxray.com.

It has all the pictures that you'll ever need.
Well, if he's highly considering purchasing one, you might think he's already been to the site and already seen the pictures there. I think he's looking for more actual cars raced at a local track to see what he should expect when he gets the car, even if not very different, respectively. He might be looking for some specifics, like what electronics will fit, what springs are being used, etc. Either way, I'm guessing he'd prefer actual pictures of cars from owners on this site, not the standard pictures, no matter how detailed, on Xray's site.

I can't help, 'cause I don't have one....yet.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sure someone has a pic of their car to post.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just got a Factory kit X-ray and was wondering if the battery slots should be filed down to lower the batteries. The instructions do not really encourage doing this. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Da4head
I just got a Factory kit X-ray and was wondering if the battery slots should be filed down to lower the batteries. The instructions do not really encourage doing this. Any advice is appreciated.
Youve got a few issues going on here.If you lower the batteries it will lead to a faster car, but you cannpt go too low!! Batteries should be flush w/ bottom. Also-if youve got some batteries that are dbl shrink wrapped and some with single shrink wrap-you will have to be conservative on how much you bevel the chassi as the single shrink wrapped cells will sit a LOT lower.

And last-if you lower the batteries-the strap will not tighten down on your batteries and they will pop-out. In this case you will need a layer or two of foam tape on the bottom of the straps.

I would take a few batteries youve got and test the tightness of the batteries-then bevel some and check again till you get them low enough to better handling, but not so low that they might pop out in a crash.

Ray
Old 06-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Chassis is sold...sorry EVAA he had contacted me first.
I have a pending transaction on the bulks but if you are interested let me know deal is still pending.
One Way still available.
Originally posted by Joneser
guys.....going to have the following for sale later this week. I will post them on the buy sell forum tomorrow if you guys dont want them. All will be brand new never used.

1. Factory team kit bulkheads 95.00 shipped (usa)
2. Factory Kit One-way 35.00 shipped (usa)
3. Stock chassis from the Factory kit 40.00 shipped (usa)
4. I will sell the solid aluminum layshaft from the factory kit....looking for an offer.

I would take 150.00 shipped for everything but the layshaft if someone wanted it all.

I can't ship this until Thursday because I wont have it until Wednesday.

Last edited by Joneser; 06-15-2004 at 04:36 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.