Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

evaa-Many Xray drivers at least indoors are experimenting with running batteries a lot further forward. Also at Snowbirds I saw custom cut pieces of sheet lead or steel that were attached over the entire front of the cars chassis for ballast. Most of the weight as under the front axle line.

So I would experiemnt with running it up front first and as centered as possible.

Ray
Old 06-13-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ok, i'll do that. why are they putting weights in front? for more steering?
Old 06-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Greg / Swanson or anyone ......

I need a Setup for the FT Xray for a parking lot track with foam tires.. Its a low grip Mid size parking lot track.. Can you post or Pm me setups PLEASE need it for this weekend...

Thanks Guys
Old 06-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

You might have a difficult time finding a setup with foams on the tarmac unless you are talking about carpet. Asphalt usually means rubber.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default How much better.....

How much better, if any, is the T1 FK than the T1R for carpet racing and any racing in general, under the control of a driver with not a lot of experience who will eventually learn the ropes? The T1R fits the budget better, and looks to be solid, but all I hear about on here is the FK. But it seems like the T1R would be easier to set up, although the FK has all the hop ups. So, you can see I'm lost.

Anyone want to help?
Old 06-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: How much better.....

Originally posted by aviaar
How much better, if any, is the T1 FK than the T1R for carpet racing and any racing in general, under the control of a driver with not a lot of experience who will eventually learn the ropes? The T1R fits the budget better, and looks to be solid, but all I hear about on here is the FK. But it seems like the T1R would be easier to set up, although the FK has all the hop ups. So, you can see I'm lost.

Anyone want to help?
It boils down to how you look at both cars.
You will never go wrong with both cars.
As the T1FK is a newer version with short arms, ligthened stuff, low ratio pulleys and etc. , you do have a slight advantage over the T1R (Just my opinion).

On a technical point of view, both cars are easy to set up if you know what your fiddling with.

If budget permits, get the T1FK.

Just my 0.02
Old 06-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Greg / Swanson or anyone ......

Originally posted by John Q
I need a Setup for the FT Xray for a parking lot track with foam tires.. Its a low grip Mid size parking lot track.. Can you post or Pm me setups PLEASE need it for this weekend...

Thanks Guys
Used to stock setting to start.
I personnally use 26mm (35 shore) foams for front and rear (Power from GRP).
If your using front ONE-WAY, i would advice you to change it to a diff for the front.
Increase your wheel base to the max.
You might face some oversteering.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:19 PM

In case anyone notice, the T1FK newer production batch has different packaging front cover. Old one as having to describe completely what the new features on its. I`m wondering if there are other improvement (running changes) on this new packaging. Thank for any info.
Old 06-13-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
evaa-Many Xray drivers at least indoors are experimenting with running batteries a lot further forward. Also at Snowbirds I saw custom cut pieces of sheet lead or steel that were attached over the entire front of the cars chassis for ballast. Most of the weight as under the front axle line.
Ray
That reminds me of a picture of Surikarn's 414 I saw somewhere. An aluminum plate (a guess, it looks like aluminum) is glued to servo area. The aluminum plate spans from edge of the chassis to the other side. I'm thinking its also for ballast.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

hey everyone,
i need some help with setup

i run the original T1 with BMI chassis

at the moment my setup is as follows:

serpent red springs alround
40 shore fast tyres
3.5 degree camber
5 mm ride height
standard holes for shocks ( middle upper front lower outter ; middle upper rear inside lower)
3 deg anti-dive,
0 deg rear anti squat
2mm clip infront of fornt arm for caster
1mm front droop
4mm rear

i run on a high bite asphalt track that is fairly flowing and open with the exception of a tigher chicane

i just cant seem to get my car fast enough through the corners.... i no its the old car but still.... and i am STILL getting a touch of coning on the outside of the tyres even with 3.5 deg camber and the stiffest springs i have

what can i do to reduce body roll?? i no i can get sway bars but i dont wanna spend any more money on the car until i get the FK

can some one give me some tips as to how to reduce body roll and get the car faster through the corners PLEASE?>

thanx
robbie
Old 06-14-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Try using higher weight shock oil.
Or you can try using less holes in the shock absorbers.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:56 AM
Tech Regular

Try using the higher roll centre positions for mounting the wishbones and less rear droop.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default quick question...

I'de like to know what size spur you all are running (48p) for mod motors. 96t is about the biggest i can get locally and although i have'nt tried yet, i'm thinking it is still not big enough if i use 9t mods and below. I'm trying to get 9.5 fdr on a 9t. any help would be appreciated, thanks
Old 06-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xray racer
hey everyone,
i need some help with setup

i run the original T1 with BMI chassis

at the moment my setup is as follows:

serpent red springs alround
40 shore fast tyres
3.5 degree camber
5 mm ride height
standard holes for shocks ( middle upper front lower outter ; middle upper rear inside lower)
3 deg anti-dive,
0 deg rear anti squat
2mm clip infront of fornt arm for caster
1mm front droop
4mm rear

i run on a high bite asphalt track that is fairly flowing and open with the exception of a tigher chicane

i just cant seem to get my car fast enough through the corners.... i no its the old car but still.... and i am STILL getting a touch of coning on the outside of the tyres even with 3.5 deg camber and the stiffest springs i have

what can i do to reduce body roll?? i no i can get sway bars but i dont wanna spend any more money on the car until i get the FK

can some one give me some tips as to how to reduce body roll and get the car faster through the corners PLEASE?>

thanx
robbie
Change your shock towers to more current ones, and the arms to short arms, and go to C-Hubs. The car will have less body roll, better transitioning, and faster cornering.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: quick question...

Originally posted by glide 1
I'de like to know what size spur you all are running (48p) for mod motors. 96t is about the biggest i can get locally and although i have'nt tried yet, i'm thinking it is still not big enough if i use 9t mods and below. I'm trying to get 9.5 fdr on a 9t. any help would be appreciated, thanks
Which car do you have? Do you have the low ratio pulleys?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.