Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yup-on carpet. I am buying a $30 car tonight to run 4wd sedan outdoors. I am like RB-I cannot see myself running this beautiful and $$$$ car and scratching it up and gettng dust in the bearings......... Of course-if I lived in CA or FL where they race outdoorsd 24/7, but you know how it is here in oHIo.

Ray
Old 05-12-2004, 12:15 PM
blr
Tech Rookie

Default Gearing

I just got a T1FK and I need some starting points for gearing a 10x1, 19t, and a stock motor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rayhuang
Bsydor "D"-since your runnin-one-ways-that means you must have an extra 1.77 Diff laying arounf right? PLease sell me one or two of them. I have two problem diffs on my car.
I use one-ways on my local track( lap times about 8.0 secs and under)
and I use diffs when I go out of town to a bigger track. But I do have a extra one. I also have a extra FK too. Send them to me and my semi-world class pitbiatch will fix them.
Talked to Jason today about 27t Quad motors- he wants to borrow one of mine for this weekend

p.s. Call me-youve got the number!!
Phone tag -- your it....

"D"
Old 05-12-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Cool-deal-after tonight I'll pull the car dwon and get the diffs out to you and Crash!!!

Ray
Old 05-13-2004, 09:34 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Front camber link?

I have a T1FK, how will the car react if I put the front camber link in the shorter, front bulkhead holes? Do I need to add spacers to raise the ball up level with the shock tower holes? Will this increase steering going into a turn or out of the turn?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 05-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Wap
Tech Adept

Hey guys, i order the evo 2 four weeks ago and it was on back order. but i got a call from my dealer and it is on it's way

any quick tips

thanks wap
Old 05-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front camber link?

Originally posted by P2
I have a T1FK, how will the car react if I put the front camber link in the shorter, front bulkhead holes? Do I need to add spacers to raise the ball up level with the shock tower holes? Will this increase steering going into a turn or out of the turn?
Thanks,
Paul
With shorter upper links, you will have more camber change as the suspension is compressed. Instead of asking people what the car will do, run the car with different changes to see how the car will react. The reason why I say that is because everyone has a certain driving style with a different setup. What will work for one person, won't for another.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wap
Hey guys, i order the evo 2 four weeks ago and it was on back order. but i got a call from my dealer and it is on it's way

any quick tips

thanks wap
Built the kit as per instructions.
Throw the kit to the Hudy Set Up station.
Set up the car at stock set up.
And enjoy ~~~~~~~~
Old 05-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Front camber link?

Originally posted by P2
Thanks,
Paul
Also matters on what tires you run up front. If you run foam with dual compounds (plaid, etc.) more camber change will expose the inside, softer compound and give you more grip.

Alternatively, changing the camber gain also impacts the roll center of that end. Generally, the shorter, more angled camber links will reduce the mid corner grip. It will also impact the rate of roll into and out of the corner.

So a shorter link may reduce the amount of middle corner grip by changing the roll center; unless you expose the softer inside donut - then you get more grip. Untill you get so much camber change you reduce the contact patch substantially. Got it?

Oh, dampers, springs, weight distribution, caster, ackermann also impact this.

So - Not only is this a driving style thing, but also a tire, and other setting thing.

Your car is a system, you need to learn how changing one setting will impact the performance. You might make it better in one area of the track, but worse in another. Ultimatly setup is a compromise to maximize grip and balance, and minimize drag and unpredictable behavior.

Best advice - get lots of practice and ask for input from other drivers at your track. I've yet to meet anyone who is not willing to help.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Sands-ran the BMI Xray last night-one lousy pack is all I had time for. Cars got mad potential and given that I hadnt driven an XRay for months and even then it was one or two packs and a completely new set-up (I usually make one change at a time) I went faster than with my other car and felt very comfy driving it.

ON-power push though. I ran something close to Josh's Nats set-up, but had 3mm rear uptravel (droop), Blue springs in back and the fornt camber link in #2 not #3 on shock tower.

I am guessing and hopefully with your input that going to 2mm droop, #3 front camber link and violet springs should bring about a lot more rotation and square the car up on exit?

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AdR|aN
Built the kit as per instructions.
Throw the kit to the Hudy Set Up station.
Set up the car at stock set up.
And enjoy ~~~~~~~~
thanks i will

will the evo 2 fit on the hudy without modification

with the 710 i had to extent the holes
Old 05-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wap
thanks i will

will the evo 2 fit on the hudy without modification

with the 710 i had to extent the holes
should fit Perfect.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Speedmind spur gear

Do they fit Xray?
Old 05-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Wap
Tech Adept

Thanks true

expecting x-ray on saturday
Old 05-13-2004, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

expecting mines tommorrow...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.