Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What is the Snowbird update Buster? Tell us in great detail what you saw good and bad.
Old 02-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by RCCadet
What is the Snowbird update Buster? Tell us in great detail what you saw good and bad.
I've got a couple of things to add. I won't get into details but I'm sure Buster will. Hmm...We left Tuesday night fron the D.C. area arrived at the track at around 10ish the next morning. We were shortly setup already. By the time we got there there were no pit areas inside the hotel area so we ended up pitting by the pool. We got a couple of practice runs in. Me and Buster decided to sleep a little because open practice for us was from 2am-7pm. We got up around 1am Wed night (still tired). I was a little upset because the club race had carried on until about 5 that morning. I should have gone back to bed but I was too excited. We got to meet the Xray guys. They were pretty nice and helpful throughout the weekend. Language barrier was a little tough at times because they had different terminology and slang than we did.
So I'm sure you guys want to hear what we saw. At the Xray booth they had a T1 on display with full options...Aluminum roll center bridge, spring steel hexes, spring steel diff outdrives, modified rear bulkheads (there was an extra hole above the stock rear pivot location. I think that's what you call it) ALso the 6 cell chassis was there as well. If memory serves me correctly, one of the Xray drivers was running the 6 cell chassis. I don't have a report on the performance of the chassis, I didn't get a chance to ask him about it; I was busy wrenching the entire weekend. Buster had alot of time to chat with the folks so I'm sure he asked him about it. Several of the Xray drivers that I drove down with were having problems with traction rolling the first day or so. Tom Esposito and Ralph Burch helped me with my setup and WOW. No traction rolling! But I did have a slight push. By the last day I was close to my original setup. That track was weird. I competed in the 19t foam and pro mod classes, b and d main respedtively. I guess now I believe in Murphy's law as I had bad luck in both mains...and being nervous didn't help. In 19turn, half my saddle pack was riding on the track....I guess that explains why I mad such fast right turns and pulled to the right when I gunned it on the straights. In mod...I was in fourth place almost half way into the race and closing in on Martin Hudy. I ran into Mr. Murphy again as my motor went dead. Post race inspection revealed a bad wind in the armature causing the motor to short out. Several other Xray drivers competed in the 19t rubber and did quite well. Ralph Burch was awesome in 19t foam. He Tq'd but bumped a board late in the main allowing Jarod Scott to take over.
In all aside from a few problems that can't be fixed for next year I had a good time. The Xray drivers were helpful and special thanks to Juraj Hudy for getting my lathe cutting straight. Unfortunately, no Xray made the show in Pro mod, but maybe next year.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

The Snowbird event went well. We had a lot of fun, and got to meet some very nice people. A Special thanks goes out to Todd Putnam !!! Unfortunantly though, our battery packs were not up to the Putnam motor requirements. It seems that I learned that HV cells are better left to the club races, and if you want to compete with the elite, you must run the SMH's. I am going to test some SMH packs from promatchracing.com and see how they fair, hopefully we will be able to have the power that we need at the next big event.

There is really nothing bad to say about this event, it was a lot of fun and a lot of long hours. The people at the event really knew how to put on a great show, I would highly recommend that anyone of any experiance level attend next years event. It is a great learning opportunity, and a great place to meet and talk to other racers. I know I am going to attend next year!
Old 02-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Buster, get your SMH's from Ron at KinetixRC.com, I have sampled a set of Ron's batteries and they are great! I use SMH's now. I tried HV's three weeks ago and they lacked a bit in performance while running Mod. They were okay in stock.

Maybe I got a bad pack of HV's, but I have only seen improving numbers with the SMH packs.

Last edited by RCCadet; 02-13-2002 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

I heard Craig Xavier got a invitation to the worlds from Xray. Is that true?? If so I hope he does well.

Buster, how did Brian do?? Glad you guys had fun.
Old 02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Are those the guys that have the shirts that say "got motor?" on them?
Old 02-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

hey greg... you need to get your info straight... wheere the heck are you getting your info??
as before someone has mentioned you talk too much.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GT4-R Terror
I heard Craig Xavier got a invitation to the worlds from Xray. Is that true?? If so I hope he does well.

Buster, how did Brian do?? Glad you guys had fun.
I have no idea where that rumor came from. You might want to ask Craig, maybe he talked to Xray or something. I do not know.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Buster Bennett
Are those the guys that have the shirts that say "got motor?" on them?
LOL....possibly. He drove the Mission and won his A-main race.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Talk to much, does someone have something to hide? What I posted is what I hear. True or not what's to hide??
Old 02-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

We all know the person that told the person that told me. HE talks to much...

So Buster, how did Brian do? He definitely is fast with the T1.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Now, now, lets not fight. Who said what? If someone said something then a direct qoute is nothing to hide.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by GT4-R Terror
We all know the person that told the person that told me. HE talks to much...

So Buster, how did Brian do? He definitely is fast with the T1.
Well, I really have no clue as to what is being said by who. Maybe someone is making things up to feel like they are part of something that does not even exist. Like I heard that someone was going around saying "If I make the A main, Buster is going to sponsor me". I surely cant remeber telling anyone that! But you know how it is sometimes in this business, I am sure you get a lot of people bugging you about "hooking them up" since you work at hobbytown.

Brian did well, his car looked really good, but you know how hard it is to run against those MIB guys. Their power just seems to see no end.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

That's cool Buster, I hope you DID have fun. I wish I could have gone but in biols down to money. I miss-understood your e-mail that day, sorry. No hard feelings.
Old 02-14-2002, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Man I must be asleep still, should have said, "it boils"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.