Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Neil - I broke one as well, bought another and this one is holding up. I think it's due to the aftermarket bumper I put on (the silver one, well, it was silver when it started...now its got dirt and grime soaked into it..LOL) Now there is no shock into the bumper brace and has hold up for over a year now. If this one breaks, I'll get a nice BMI one.
I've resorted to the composite brace. Woven graphite is pretty and all, but a material with more rebound is better in that area.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Default asphalt set up?

Does anyone have a decent setup for asphalt? Im using the long arms, and cs-27 take off's.
Old 03-13-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: asphalt set up?

Originally posted by jiggamacdaddy
Does anyone have a decent setup for asphalt? Im using the long arms, and cs-27 take off's.

Indoor or outdoor?high or low bite(traction)?The t1r box stock set up does well on low traction,outdoor asphalt.If that helps.
Old 03-13-2004, 06:14 PM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone having a problem with the steering wandering on an EVO2?

In the middle of a race my car started pulling right slightly. I corrected the trim on my radio and it was fine. 5 laps later it starts pulling left... so I take my trim back to where it was to begin with. Then back to pulling right after awhile. Very odd.

I've changed servos and servo arms, nothing worked. I'm guessing that its something in the Servo saver assembly. The only heat (main luckily) that the car didn't act erratic was after I "worked" the servo saver back and forth while holding the servo linkage.

I'm going to tear it down to see what I might see, but thought I would ask if anyone has had similar experiences.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

the track is out door and the traction is mid grip. Also im using the evo2 and running a 19 turn in the car.
Old 03-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I've resorted to the composite brace. Woven graphite is pretty and all, but a material with more rebound is better in that area.
My Evo2 FOC actually came with the composite one, and not the woven cf one. Weird...
Old 03-13-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JKA
Anyone having a problem with the steering wandering on an EVO2?

In the middle of a race my car started pulling right slightly. I corrected the trim on my radio and it was fine. 5 laps later it starts pulling left... so I take my trim back to where it was to begin with. Then back to pulling right after awhile. Very odd.

I've changed servos and servo arms, nothing worked. I'm guessing that its something in the Servo saver assembly. The only heat (main luckily) that the car didn't act erratic was after I "worked" the servo saver back and forth while holding the servo linkage.

I'm going to tear it down to see what I might see, but thought I would ask if anyone has had similar experiences.

Thanks

I've run into that problem and what I ended up having to do is to shim the servo saver to be a little bit more tighter.To do that I removed the 'e'clip and placed a shim in and placed the 'e'clip back in place.This tightens the servo sever tighter.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Addict

Can anyone tell me where to get a 132 or 134 spur gear.
Old 03-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

You can get the new PRS prolite gears for TC through www.precisionracingsystems.com I think they have a contact link there and they can direct you to the right place.

EA
Old 03-15-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Stick Packs

Hi! I am thinking about getting the Team Factory Kit. I only run stick packs. I am wondering how does the car (TFK or the Evo) handles on asphalt with med bite in the stick pack battery configuration layout.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

It will handle better then any other cars using stick packs.
But would handle better with saddle packs.
Just my 0.02
Old 03-15-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Btw, Supra66, you are better off if you convert all your cells to saddle packs. This way, you could do more stuff with your cells :- ie maintaince and etc.

Just my 0.02
Old 03-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

I would want a council, I want to buy of rubbers for XRay TR1. I must use these rubbers on asphalt, with one inferior temperature to
the 30 degrees.
I would want to buy of the Teams Sorex - Competition SlickTire (24R),
these rubbers I can myself be compared to the Take Off CS22
Thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

AdR|aN
I do understand the benefit of not running stick packs. However, since I do not intend to participate in any sanctioned races and I am just having fun with friends racing on parking lot, stick packs serve the purpose well. Plus my main car is a Tamiya F201 that only accepts stick packs. So it is a big plus to have a tourer that also accept stick packs, like my current Tamiay 414MII. But parts for the 414MII, especially the stock chassis, are hard to come by lately. In addition, I am quite amazed by the quality of the xray kit and with the introduction of the TFK, it may be a good time to switch.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Supra66
AdR|aN
I do understand the benefit of not running stick packs. However, since I do not intend to participate in any sanctioned races and I am just having fun with friends racing on parking lot, stick packs serve the purpose well. Plus my main car is a Tamiya F201 that only accepts stick packs. So it is a big plus to have a tourer that also accept stick packs, like my current Tamiay 414MII. But parts for the 414MII, especially the stock chassis, are hard to come by lately. In addition, I am quite amazed by the quality of the xray kit and with the introduction of the TFK, it may be a good time to switch.
If you build it right, the saddle pack can be used as a stick pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.