Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 02-02-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
extra hubs? or extra knuckles? what are people breaking the most? I ordered some hubs, but no knuckles.
I've broken both but mostly the c-hubs.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by alien too
Can someone explain the the advantages of the low ratio pulley set? (Big improvement ?) Also, is it for stock or mod?
The low ratio pulley set (1.77 IDR) frees up the drive train of the car mainly by not turning the belt at such a severe angle to cause drag. The new pulley set improves accelleration (most noticeable).
Old 02-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Lazy acceleration

Hey Guys I've got a quick question for ya.

I race an evo2 at the gate in Cleveland and while the car accelerates hard down the straight and through the sweeper when I get in the infeild it feels lazy and numb. I have good power and my cells are good. We tried gearing down but it did not help we rolled it out anywhere frow .980-1.190 with IDENTICAL LAP TIMES!!!! The car goes through the sweeper as fast as most of the other cars but in the tighter turns it won't get out of it's own way. I do have the 1.77 pullies and the thin rear belt, the whole drivetrain spins very freely. I do have the belts on the loose side. Any input would be great!!! Thanks
Old 02-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Try setting up the motor for a bit more low-end? Which motor are you running?

That was unfortunately not one of my problems at the gate this weekend...
Old 02-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Lazy Car

I was using a moster stock and a epic quad magnet. We tried all kinds of different motor set-ups heck the quad magnet had great RPM with average to above average power numbers. and the motor I ran in the main had great torque and watt numbers but not as much RPM and still no improvement. I even ran a battery pack in the main that Tyer had gone 12.90 in his first qualifier. At the start of the main I was right behind Tyer and he didn't pull me at all at the start. I don't know whats going on. What lap times were you running?? Thanks for the help. Chris
Old 02-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Lazy acceleration

Originally posted by ccm399
Hey Guys I've got a quick question for ya.

I race an evo2 at the gate in Cleveland and while the car accelerates hard down the straight and through the sweeper when I get in the infeild it feels lazy and numb. I have good power and my cells are good. We tried gearing down but it did not help we rolled it out anywhere frow .980-1.190 with IDENTICAL LAP TIMES!!!! The car goes through the sweeper as fast as most of the other cars but in the tighter turns it won't get out of it's own way. I do have the 1.77 pullies and the thin rear belt, the whole drivetrain spins very freely. I do have the belts on the loose side. Any input would be great!!! Thanks
since you've mentioned that your having fast acceleration on the straights and the sweeper, and your car feels lazy in the infield, i suspect this is a setup problem, and not the motor. that was also my problem last time around the tracks, what i did was reduced the clips in front of the rear lower arm thus reducing wheelbase distance. i'm now using 4mm clips in front of the rear arm which solved this problem. you can get around this using a lot of alternatives, another is softer front springs, more holes in the front pistons or thinner oil. hope this helps!
just my .02 cents... good luck!

Last edited by rcprix; 02-02-2004 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Lazy acceleration

Originally posted by rcprix
since you've mentioned that your having fast acceleration on the straights and the sweeper, and your car feels lazy in the infield, i suspect this is a setup problem, and not the motor. that was also my problem last time around the tracks, what i did was reduced the clips in front of the rear lower arm thus reducing wheelbase distance. i'm now using 4mm clips in front of the rear arm which solved this problem. you can get around this using a lot of alternatives, another is softer front springs, more holes in the front pistons or thinner oil. hope this helps!
just my .02 cents... good luck!
I agree that the motor does not seem to be the problem. You don't seem to carry corner speed in the tight stuff.

But, to me it sounds like the car is too soft. If it is good through the hi speed and "lazy" in the slow speed, it might benefit from some stiffening on the springs and shocks.

Are you running kick-up? That will make the car smooth at speed, but poor through high transfer corners. You only need kick-up on rough circuits (and usually not on carpet).

Also, if you are running exessive droop, the car will body roll too much giving the same type of numb feeling.

Give us the low-down on the set-up and we can give you more feed back. (Also the track type).

Later, Phil...
Old 02-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default blade sway bar

i just started using the blade sway bar on carpet. i have it setup to 45 degree. i have purple springs up front. when i lift up on the right arm, is the left arm suppose to rise as well? mine does not look like it is. i remove the lower mount of both shocks and when i lift the right arm, the left does rise. and vise versa. so with the springs, are they too stiff to get any value of the swaybar at 45 degrees or do i have something wrong?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: blade sway bar

Originally posted by theisgroup
i just started using the blade sway bar on carpet. i have it setup to 45 degree. i have purple springs up front. when i lift up on the right arm, is the left arm suppose to rise as well? mine does not look like it is. i remove the lower mount of both shocks and when i lift the right arm, the left does rise. and vise versa. so with the springs, are they too stiff to get any value of the swaybar at 45 degrees or do i have something wrong?
no you havent done anything wrong, you set it just the way you did with the shocks removed from the arms. What you want is the arms to lift at the same time, equally. When you hook the shocks back up the sway bar does its job but because of the springs and shocks in general the movement isnt as obvious.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: blade sway bar

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
no you havent done anything wrong, you set it just the way you did with the shocks removed from the arms. What you want is the arms to lift at the same time, equally. When you hook the shocks back up the sway bar does its job but because of the springs and shocks in general the movement isnt as obvious.
thanks.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:29 PM

Just to let you know.. (I`m not sure its been mention before or not on previous post)

XRAY factory team drivers have enjoyed tremendous successes around the world. With product evolution in mind, they have been testing various new components in their efforts to polish the performance of the exceptional XRAY T1 Evo2. Based on real-world racing results and their recommendations, XRAY now offers you the XRAY T1 Factory Kit #300004 which combines all of the best high-performance components into a single package.

The XRAY T1 Factory Kit comes with the popular, efficient C-hub suspension using “Euro style” suspension components such as shorter suspension arms and updated bulkheads. The kit also contains many new updated and lightened parts to reduce unnecessary weight and rotating mass without compromising strength and long life. All of these combine to make the highest-performance, best handling electric touring car in the world.

Here is a partial list of the features of the XRAY T1 Factory Kit, aside from all of the other highest-quality components of the XRAY T1 Evo2.
• efficient C-hub suspension with short suspension arms
• strong, lightweight "Euro style" alloy bulkheads with new roll center positions
• stiff carbon upper deck
• lightweight rear differential with carbide balls and carbide axial thrust bearing
• lightweight front one-way axle with dual-slotted out drives
• ultra lightweight drive shafts made from Hudy Spring Steel™
• lightweight wheel axles
• ultra-efficient low-ratio pulley set
• new rear shock tower with optimized shock mounting and roll center positions

Enjoy R/C...............
Old 02-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default Front solid axle and 1.77 pulleys?

To anyone with the front solid axle, is there any way to run the 1.77 pulleys?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Where did you get that info? GIMME!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Where did you get that info? GIMME!!!
I tought it won`t be that new... It should be already start shipping from the factory by now.. please ask your local dealer about it
Old 02-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Front solid axle and 1.77 pulleys?

Originally posted by HYDRAMATIC99
To anyone with the front solid axle, is there any way to run the 1.77 pulleys?
You replace the standard pulley with the new smaller 1.77 pulley. You can tell because the center hole is large to allow for mounting of the one way and spool.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.