Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pucho:

Hi,

I was going to change the Alumium rear hub carriers to plastic but I need a longer dog bone/axle(?). also can you buy shock springs in pairs instead of a complete box. (like 50 bucks up here). Jason says Hi,..........he's going through the same thing you are only for karting. he is about 20 pounds over the weight for his class. so I'm starving him......( feeding him all the good things)...... he really bulked up for football and that hurts too.
also I have a fine tuning front shock tower. it that the same as the carpet one????????? sorry about all the Q's but i'm just getting used to the Xray after the TC3.

Thanks

and tell Alex to be a kid as long as possible....it suks getting old.

Last edited by TimXLB; 01-25-2004 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

wannaba (kevin) is getting another xray chassis? I just bought the one he had a couple months ago.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,i just next day aired him the new titanium colror BMI chassis for the xray.i wanted to see if it got there ok.i sent him 2,one for him and one to sell.i think he was going to show it to blake.thanks dude
Old 01-25-2004, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by TimXLB
Pucho:

Hi,

I was going to change the Alumium rear hub carriers to plastic but I need a longer dog bone/axle(?). also can you buy shock springs in pairs instead of a complete box. (like 50 bucks up here). Jason says Hi,..........he's going through the same thing you are only for karting. he is about 20 pounds over the weight for his class. so I'm starving him......( feeding him all the good things)...... he really bulked up for football and that hurts too.
also I have a fine tuning front shock tower. it that the same as the carpet one????????? sorry about all the Q's but i'm just getting used to the Xray after the TC3.

Thanks

and tell Alex to be a kid as long as possible....it suks getting old.
The "ultratune" Shock tower is the stock one that comes with the car the "carper" tower has 4 shock mounting positions and it's been lowered so that you can run smaller diameter tires. Karting sounds fun, I would like to take my Civic to a N.A.S.A. HPDE event I wan't to see what the mods I did to it can net. NO body kits here just suspention and engine. Yeah I know what you mean anbout getting old. Let me guess Jason looks like a safety maybe a RB? Let me know if you need any more help.

Luis
Old 01-25-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally posted by protc3
hey blake,do you know if kevin(wannabe)got his xray chassis today?
Jason,
I'm not sure. I haven't talked with him since Friday.

Blake
Old 01-25-2004, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by froghead
wannaba (kevin) is getting another xray chassis? I just bought the one he had a couple months ago.
Kevin tried the TC3 and he realized that the XRay is where it's at. He's done nothing but rave over the XRay since getting it. Should be interesting seeing the BMI chassis. I do want to get a look at it.

Blake
Old 01-25-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

I sure do like my xray from Kevin, we run an unlimited mod class here in Austin so I put a brushless setup with some new double purple foams and the car is a rocket on wheels.
Old 01-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Hey just got back From Fullthrottlespeedway(Kissimmee Fl) And 2nd time driving my EvoII.... Speechless. Cant Complain, the first 3 quailifiers consistant with 19 laps (tq-21 laps) then Main I Came Back With a Better Battery and Hit 20 laps and was 1st place for about 2 min. then someone accidently Moved in the way and hit but it was all good cause my pit memeber Tony Was 1st and i was 2nd. 2nd Time Driving car And was Best main i have ever ran. Seems Like I knew what setup to put to how i like it, and it worked. With others car i never really Made big changes like this. I wasnt the fastest but i stayed consistent. Thanks to Alex Lopez Giving me a Setup but i changed it a little Bit because not everyone drives like alex lopez So Soften it up a little bit and Was dialed. The Most amazing thing was i normally race Stock. and i was racing against like expert class people since there was like 10 of us and i held up. Cant Wait for SNOWBIRD!!

-Ariel Vittini

Last edited by True R/C Racing; 01-25-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Does anyone know if serpent or hudy will replace bent axles? I have about 4 that are bent. I know lunsford will replace bent turnbuckles, but I doubt serpent will.

Where are you guys kart racing at? I race in the Championship Enduro Series here in the Midwest. Race 100cc Situp Sprint.

Also what are some things I can do to get more on power steering? I went back to the 6 degree like Alex suggested, but then the rear was out to lunch, so I put 3 degrees of toe into it now it is fine. But I still could use a touch more on power.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Dunno either, but I do know that Titanium doesn't bent much.... just break... maybe thats why say that the can replace the bent ones, ask them if they'd replace the broken ones...
Old 01-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Scrad:

Hi,

We race Karts in MI at the East Lansing Kart Track (www.karttrack.com) Jr Supercan/KT 100 sprint class

Pucho:

Hi,

Jason played both this year. Thanks for the info on the front shock tower. all I have is the kit one. and the pillow ball one.
yeah it's all about the motor and suspensions as far as I'm concerned. Jason wants to do a import as soon as he can.....(I'll get really old fast then ) and I thought karting was enough to keep him happy.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2004, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hi all

I am just about to order an X-ray. Here is what I plan on ordering.

X-ray FOC kit

Alu. Shock bodies
Spring Kit
Roll Centre Bridge
One-way
Alu Layshaft

My question is, with the alu. layshaft, do you HAVE to get the low ratio pulley set?

Thanks

John
Old 01-26-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
51mm drive shafts are meant to fit into a c-hub kit or just the rear pivot balls....this is def a Evo or something newer
Maybe a factory kit is in the works with things like those axles or lighter shafts and maybe even with short arms or "strange" bulkheads ... but I'm just gessing (am I?)

One thing I find odd is how quiet the new parts section is...
Old 01-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Hi all

Originally posted by Johnny J
I am just about to order an X-ray. Here is what I plan on ordering.

X-ray FOC kit

Alu. Shock bodies
Spring Kit
Roll Centre Bridge
One-way
Alu Layshaft

My question is, with the alu. layshaft, do you HAVE to get the low ratio pulley set?

Thanks

John
You don't have to get the low ration pully set, but I would leave the Aluminum shock bodies on the shelf and pick up the low ratio pully set instead. You will see a performance increase vs. the Aluminum bodies.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

I've heard the aluminum shock bodies actually have more drag than the stock bodies. They really aren't needed. Spend the money on the pullies or some springs.

Blake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.