Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 01-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
At our carpet track we gear the T1R and EVO2, with a monster stock, right around a 1.0 rollout. Blake
You mean 10.00 rollout right? I'm a newbie and looked at some roll out charts...1 isn't even a consideration....
Old 01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just wanted to say that the new chassis and upper deck from Warpspeed for the Xray are GREAT!!!! Car now feels torsionally stiffer than a TC3 or Warpspeed Demon. Ran the 19T class at NORCARs track this past Sunday, and the car felt the best it's ever been. Very consisent cornering, which it never really had with the stock stiff upper deck and a T1 chassis. Only problem I have now is the car is kinda heavy. Car is 3 pounds, 5 ounces. About 2 ounces heavier than I'd like. I'd like to take at least an ounce off the car somehow. Some of that extra weight is the 19T motor, which is probably almost an ounce heavier than the average stock motor.

Also, I found it interesting to compar the wheel base to that of a stock TC3. I found that by moving the rear A arms all the back, as far as possible, I was very close to the same wheel base as a TC3. The car also cornered better. I think a shorter wheelbase is better for rubber tires on asphalt. For foam tires on carpet, a long wheel base feels better.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:37 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Not only have I heard of a blown bearing on the spur, I've lived it It cost me a win in a recent qualifier. It also fried the plastic piece as well. That's not a real common size bearing, so I suggest you keep an extra one with you. I also spoke to another xray owner yesterday at the track and he had also experienced the same problem. This seems to suggust that the bearing size isn't sufficient to handle the load.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Wow. http://www.apexmodels.co.uk they sell pretty cheap.. Tir $179.95 FOc Evo2 299.99 Cheapest Ive seen These.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
Wow. http://www.apexmodels.co.uk they sell pretty cheap.. Tir $179.95 FOc Evo2 299.99 Cheapest Ive seen These.
Make sure everyone knows this is British Pounds and not american dollars.

179 pounds or 325 dollars
Old 01-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

nowonder everything is cheap
Old 01-05-2004, 04:50 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah not as great a deal as you thought!!

My heart almost sank, as I just bought a T1R new for $200.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by nutfluff
You mean 10.00 rollout right? I'm a newbie and looked at some roll out charts...1 isn't even a consideration....
Can someone explain the rollout and other implications of things such as the 1.77 pulley change or how to determine spur/pinion ratios? I'm a simple offroad guy and all I worry about is if the motor is too hot at a certain setting. Also, lower pinion more torque, higher pinion more top speed.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by kickind
Can someone explain the rollout and other implications of things such as the 1.77 pulley change or how to determine spur/pinion ratios? I'm a simple offroad guy and all I worry about is if the motor is too hot at a certain setting. Also, lower pinion more torque, higher pinion more top speed.
kickind,

I will take a stab at what you are asking, im sure others will answer as well. Rollout is strictly meant for foam tires. Rollout takes into account spur/pinion size as well as IGR (Internal Gear Ratio, ie 2.125 or 1.77) and the diameter of the foam tire. In the states many use inches as diameter, abroad they use millimeters. This is the site I goto when i need a chart for rollout as well as FDR (Final Drive Ratio).

http://www.rcracing.com/Gear_Ratio_Program_1100.cfm

Let me say this in the rollout column even though it says millimeters I enter my tire diameter in inches, thats where the guy who you quoted came up with a rollout of 1.0 I know someone else asked that as well. Foam tire diameters usually range between 2.35 inches and 2.25 inches generally.

The 1.77 gear ratio was brought about to allow the use of the 128 spur on carpet. I also provides more acceleration on short tracks.

Hope this gets you in the right direction
Old 01-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Default Brushless in a T1R

I just recieved my brushless today, went to mount the motor and it seems the motor can is to long to fit inside the opening for the motor in the chassis. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you resolve it? I could dremel it out a bit but I'm afraid it might weaken the chassis.

Thanks
Old 01-05-2004, 07:27 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Brushless in a T1R

Originally posted by froghead
I just recieved my brushless today, went to mount the motor and it seems the motor can is to long to fit inside the opening for the motor in the chassis. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did you resolve it? I could dremel it out a bit but I'm afraid it might weaken the chassis.

Thanks
is it touching the chassis? the opening is just for cooling purposes but I dont have a brushless, just curious if it is touching the chassis
Old 01-05-2004, 07:29 PM
Tech Addict

Yea, the end of the motor touches the chassis which doesnt allow the motor to rotate down enough to get proper gear meshing. It's to tight with the pinion/spur gear.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ASM
Not only have I heard of a blown bearing on the spur, I've lived it It cost me a win in a recent qualifier. It also fried the plastic piece as well. That's not a real common size bearing, so I suggest you keep an extra one with you. I also spoke to another xray owner yesterday at the track and he had also experienced the same problem. This seems to suggust that the bearing size isn't sufficient to handle the load.
Scott: Ill make sure I stock plenty of those. I had it happen to me the first time I ran a spool.
Old 01-05-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Pucho
-Ariel
Old 01-05-2004, 07:50 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
Here's Pucho/Alex Lopez's setup from the US Indoor Carpet Nats

they used the stiff upper plate
Hey there,

Which stiff upper plate are you speaking of? Do you have a part# for this plate? I would like to check it out.

thanks in advance,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.