Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Xray at the Champs and PUCHO

Just finished racing at the Indoor Champs here in Cleveland. Xray had quite the showing. TQ and a win in Stock, A main run by Josh and TQ and second in masters. Should have been a win but Eli was taken out by a back one of his best friends who was a lap down. Xray also finished 3rd in that heat. I put mine in the masters B main.

I had the opportunity to see all the factory guys at our track during the week and there was alot of interesting things on the cars. Most of what I saw was lightened pieces which probably weekend the parts a little. New outdrives, dogbones etc.

I also wanted to mention that I have recently had some issues with the driveshafts (dogbones) in the front of the car. If you hit something with the wheel turned you can seriously bind up the car. I have had a couple of them pinch down on the coupler and virtually lock up the dogbone and wheel hub joint. My car instantly slows down by .5 seconds.

Finally...I had the opportunity to meet Alex Lopez and his right hand man that we know as Pucho. As you may know, Alex took home the trophy in stock and I can tell you that Pucho played a big role in that happening. Pucho is a classy guy that spent some time helping me out. I cant tell you enough how good of a guy he is. I am nowhere near the class of driver that Alex is but Pucho was willing to help out and in the long run my car was pretty good. I was "lucky" enough be in a qualifier that was like a battlebot competition and then had a problem in the third qualifier. I got the car setup and made 1 last run at the B and got it done. Pucho, if you see this, thanks a bunch....you are a great guy and I hope to see you at the nats!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi, can you tell us a bit about the new front bulkhead that Josh was using ?
Old 12-01-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default bulkheads

I did look at Josh's car all that closely....to tell you the truth he did not know much about the car yet. I did talk to him at our track and he said that he was liking the car. At one track it took him a very short period of time to be faster....he said he struggled a little at the other track. He did say that the car was very easy to drive. If you would have seen him on Tuesday you would have questioned that comment. He was picking the inside wheels up on every turn. Same thing happened in practice but in the heats he had the car working. Pretty amazing that he put it in the show after having a week to screw around with it. Especially since he was working with his own 12th scale creation.

As far as the bulheads go, most of the guys that I talked with were using the bulkheads off of the new 12th scale. they are polished aluminum and are lighter. They also lower the diff just a bit. Alex was using the short arms on Sunday but by Monday he had switched back to the long arms. I beleive he said he liked how it transitioned with the long arms.
Old 12-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking WE WON AT CLEVELAND!!!!!

Hey guys I don't know if you know this or not but Alex Lopez and Dan Miles delivered a can of whop ass on a field of shaft cars at cleveland in the stock class. Ill have more info on latter I just got home from Cleveland.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

pucho whoopti doooo ! not the fact that xray did it because you know i am a wrpspeed driver but the fact that its a florida driver bring it 95 south baby to miami FLA ! boo yaa!
Old 12-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Erick: It was great meeting you and all of the NORCAR guys I took a lot of work but we did it. Im not sure about the nats I hope I can go I am Opening up my own track as you know and it's going to be a lot of work. Thanks for the kind words. Maybe you can come down to my place in the future. Our web site will be RPM SPEEDWAY I also have some IDEAS rolling around my head and we may see an aftermarket line of producs that Im thinking of developing. But we will see. Till later

Luis

Last edited by pucho; 12-02-2003 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-02-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hector:

It's time for you to change cars!
Old 12-02-2003, 11:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

pucho: congratulations on your win!

Can you provide the setup Alex used and perhaps his "long arm" setup?

Thanks,
Ralph
Old 12-02-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

So are the 1/12th scale "Short" arms and bulkheads available now? Part numbers? Are the 1/12th scale T1M cars available?

Blake
Old 12-02-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default NIB xray questions...

im getting ready to purchase a kit from a member of this board and was curious bout how the xray is packaged. the pic he showed me had the chassis, front and rear bulkheads already assembled. is that how it comes???
thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Re: NIB xray questions...

yep
Originally posted by 2qwik
im getting ready to purchase a kit from a member of this board and was curious bout how the xray is packaged. the pic he showed me had the chassis, front and rear bulkheads already assembled. is that how it comes???
thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-02-2003, 03:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Yes it comes that way, but you have to disassemble it to build the kit. I think they only put it together that way to make it look good on the shelf. But no worries, the kit goes together great, easist car I've put together, and the fit is perfect.
Old 12-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The kit does go together pretty easily except for the shocks. I fought with them the first time out. The shock ends thread on REALLY tight. Be sure you pre thread them per the instructions. I also used a hair dryer to heat the plastic which made it a lot easier.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Just make sure that your prep the chassis before assembly.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pucho- great job, congrats on the win to you and Alex. I'm curious how you guys got the car to quit scrubbing so much speed with a stock motor. I have tried a lot of stuff on this car, and it seems that it is always a tenth or so off the pace. On a tight track as much as 2 or 3 tenths. Are you going to post a setup? I look forward to hearing what kind of new stuff you tried. If you don't mind, could you also comment on your application of traction compoound? (brand/time/amount/interval before race)

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.