Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by redsand
Has anyone tried Serpent shock o-ring in the xray shock ?
Yah I did because my xray shocks was missing one of the orings. Fits fine.
Old 11-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

from what I understand, the Xray shocks *are* serpent shocks. So all the same parts should fit.
Old 11-26-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

The shock shafts are different lengths, and so at the shock bodies. The Xray adjustable piston has been better molded so that the settings hold alot better than the serpent adjustable pistons.
Old 11-27-2003, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm just about fed up with my t1r. Today in practice I was practicing mod and clipped the sweeper sending my car head first into the wall full speed. So that broke the chassis right in front of the bulk heads. Than after qualifying I qualified 3rd in 19t foam A main. When I put my car on the track, got on the driver stand. I was just looking down at my radio and I hear a rather loud crash. I look up. And my car is 30 ft. from where it was a second ago and guess what, another chassis broke. In the same spot, not only that but the upper bumper brace broke in both spots where it connects to the bulkheads, and both the reciever and speed control came unstuck from the servo tape attaching them to the chassis. And also broke in the two places where the body mounts connect. Wow was I mad. Does anyone know if the graphite plate chassis is any stronger at this point? I probably wont be racing for a little while. Thanks
Old 11-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racerdx6
I'm just about fed up with my t1r. Today in practice I was practicing mod and clipped the sweeper sending my car head first into the wall full speed. So that broke the chassis right in front of the bulk heads. Than after qualifying I qualified 3rd in 19t foam A main. When I put my car on the track, got on the driver stand. I was just looking down at my radio and I hear a rather loud crash. I look up. And my car is 30 ft. from where it was a second ago and guess what, another chassis broke. In the same spot, not only that but the upper bumper brace broke in both spots where it connects to the bulkheads, and both the reciever and speed control came unstuck from the servo tape attaching them to the chassis. And also broke in the two places where the body mounts connect. Wow was I mad. Does anyone know if the graphite plate chassis is any stronger at this point? I probably wont be racing for a little while. Thanks
Well I don't think it's really the car's fault for breaking under such tremendous speeds. Definately go for a graphite chassis as a replacement if possible though nothing is unbreakable.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was the cars fault for breaking, sorry if I did. I was basically just saying that there is a weak spot on the front of the chassis that can break if you hit something head on hard enough. But there are weak spots on all cars. This one just happens to be a pain in the butt to fix . I'll probably give a graphite chassis a try. Is there anything else I would need for it? I'm hoping that the graphite chassis might be a little stronger up front. Thanks for the help
Old 11-27-2003, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racerdx6
I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was the cars fault for breaking, sorry if I did. I was basically just saying that there is a weak spot on the front of the chassis that can break if you hit something head on hard enough. But there are weak spots on all cars. This one just happens to be a pain in the butt to fix . I'll probably give a graphite chassis a try. Is there anything else I would need for it? I'm hoping that the graphite chassis might be a little stronger up front. Thanks for the help
I really don't know what else you would need other than the chassis. I just started using the xray cars and have a T1. I've never seen the results you described in any of the forums so either everyone else crashes less or is lucky. Have you tried posting in the vip forum @ mytsn.com? Mario Hudy will probably address the problem, he's very adament about supporting these cars.
Old 11-27-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default New Front Bulkhead ?

What type of front bulkhead is Josh running at Cleveland ? I've seen that type before on Myberg's Xray at JMRCA. I'm pretty sure that's not Raycer's.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

The graphite is stronger, but SOMETHING will break if you hit a wall head on at full speed.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by sands
The graphite is stronger, but SOMETHING will break if you hit a wall head on at full speed.
Yeah, I figured that one out . I've seen other people break the composite chassis before at my track. They just break right infront of the bulkheads because theres nothing really supporting it there and so thats where all the force of the bumpers would go. I'm pretty sure that if X-Ray made a front bulkhead with another piece of aluminum that extended and screwed in ontop of the bumper that this problem could be taken care of. But then probably something else would break . I don't really mind breaking a c-hub or something, its not to much fun to break one, but breaking a chassis just plain stinks .
Old 11-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Has anyone looked at the pictures of Cyrul's car? Are the rear arms supposed to be mounted outside of the bulk heads? I thought they were to be mounted on the inside (Sorry I am still new to this X-Ray) because of the wheelbase.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

After looking at some more even the front arms are outside of the bulkheads.
Old 11-27-2003, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Those are the arms off the 12th scale X-Ray. The arms are shorter and so you have to mounth them on the outside of the bulkhead. You get quicker response with that setup
Old 11-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Sweet is this the thing to have now or is this making it easier to work on the car then?
Old 11-27-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Addict

the shorter arms will change the roll center. Makes the car roll less into and out of a corner so you can run softer springs. gives you higher corner speeds.

This is on my xmas list.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.