Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 10-20-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Oh I see how you did that. I couldn't do that with my Quantum, the lights and buttons would be covered.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:28 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyony had any problems with the hubs ???? I have run ae for years , and just went with x-ray after i drove one. After one race , both front hubs were notched in two places , and i had to bend them with pliers to get the bearring off . Is this a common problem with the alu hubs ? I went through the car , and cant find any reason for it , they matched on both sides of the front , but the rears are perfect
Old 10-21-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by N4S
Has anyony had any problems with the hubs ???? I have run ae for years , and just went with x-ray after i drove one. After one race , both front hubs were notched in two places , and i had to bend them with pliers to get the bearring off . Is this a common problem with the alu hubs ? I went through the car , and cant find any reason for it , they matched on both sides of the front , but the rears are perfect
Yes this is common for the Aluminum hubs.
the front hubs take alot of abuse.... Highly recommend switching to the Spring Steel hubs...you'll have no more worries....
Old 10-21-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I was told to switch to the spring steel front hubs when I first got my t1r. And I've had no problems since .

Here's a problem I have had, my rear diff is always gritty. I've rebuilt it twice two since the first time i built it. But It just gets gritty right away. I've cleaned it out with motor spray too and used plenty of lube. Any ideas? It's getting annoying, especially because the first time i built the diff it was awsome, than it got gritty. My front one is still awsome. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by racerdx6
I was told to switch to the spring steel front hubs when I first got my t1r. And I've had no problems since .

Here's a problem I have had, my rear diff is always gritty. I've rebuilt it twice two since the first time i built it. But It just gets gritty right away. I've cleaned it out with motor spray too and used plenty of lube. Any ideas? It's getting annoying, especially because the first time i built the diff it was awsome, than it got gritty. My front one is still awsome. Thanks.

stop racing in the dirt.. j/k and with all that rain up their.. you better waterproof your car... I'm an ex Husky alumuni and Wash. Resident..... I miss the rain.

Have you taken your diff apart and totally cleaned it out? Spraying the diffs will not remove all the dirt and grime that could be stuck inside where the Diff Balls sit. I've had 3 racing days on mine...never had a problem with dirt getting in...
Old 10-21-2003, 03:58 PM
N4S
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guess i better get em' on order . Thanx for the help
Old 10-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Aluminum hubs...yes they will wedge-out from the bone striking it during hits.

Gritty rear diff...my is ultra-smooth but it's had plus minus 9 hard runs and doesn't slip. You did assemble and break it in right didn't you?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

I had the same problem on an earlier ray that I used to own.Turned out that the trust balls had flat spots or the brass ring surounding them had squished.Any ho,I replaced the thrust bearing (balls)and all should be good.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Default T1R gear ratio for 23 turn motor

Hi, I am looking for the right gear ratio for my Yokomo T-MAXX LR 23 turn motor. Does anyone know what's the FGR for this setup? Some say 6.x and some say 5.x The club track is a medium size track.

ps: drivetrain ratio is 2.125

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2003, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Sounds like the thrust race needs rebuilding. If you want ultra smooth diffs though, get some of the Acer ceramic-nitride balls...
Old 10-22-2003, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Try this. Polish all of the diff rings, thrust plates too, with car polish or buffing compound. This will remove any burrs on them.

Then sand the disks with 600 grit wet dry. (Yes, SAND them!) this is a trick that 1/12 scale and oval guys use to allow for no slip with less compression on the diff. The end result is a smoother diff.

Also replace the balls with carbide or ceramic, and replace the cone washers. If they loose their springiness, they won't work right and your diff will feal gritty.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is a little off topic, but are there any XRay drivers in here that own 1/5 scale cars? Here is mine... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=16745

Wouldn't it be cool if XRay/Hudy/Serpent made a 1/5 scale car? At the IFMAR 1/5 scale world championships a few weeks ago there were TONS of XRay and Serpent banners posted on the borders of the track and whatnot, so obviously XRay/Serpent/Hudy is interested in 1/5 scale.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

hey what the xray evo 1 with heap stuff worth theses day i got two car evo 2 and evo 1 i am looking to buy a monster truck want to know what the evo 1 worth with heaps stuff with it
Old 10-23-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Is front one way and anti-roll bar useful?

I am considering to get a front one way and anti roll bar for my T1R. I have seen many people using it on club track. Actually, how does front one way and anti roll bar help stalize the car? Thanks!
Old 10-23-2003, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The one-way does not help stabilize the car, it alows you to maintain more corner speed.

The anti-rollbar does help keep the car stabilized. Eliminating the car from oversteering(front anti-rollbar) and understeering(rear anti-rollbar). But if you run on a slick or bumpy track then rollbars are not needed. Really only needed for high bite tracks.

Later,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.