Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Roll out Question

Hey guys:

I haven't been around for a while, I an now building a car for my frien that's going to Cleveland and im trying to find out what would be a good tire diameter to run and a good starting roll out for the hand outs. I think they will be using the blue endbell Trinity hand out. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

I would say as low as you can go, kill the sidewalls and run the dog-sh*t of of em. Don't take my advic as I've only run foam on carpet a few times but here on our outdoor track the lower the better.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

PUCHO,

The Cleveland handout this year is going to be the NOT YET RELEASED 4 magnet monster motor. Roll out will be hard to say. Right now on the Monster a 1.00 is good just about every where.

Tire size. 2.25 is optimal race size. I ususally start around 2.32. Hope this helps!
Old 10-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Last year at Snowbirds I was getting down to 57mm on my tires. The key was to apply a thin amount of CA to the front and the back sidewalls. That got rid of Traction rolling and chunking the tires when they got down really low. In the 19 turn Main I was running 56.5mm tires.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Mike, how's that B4? What's the best you've done with it?
Old 10-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

RB Love:

Thanks for the help.This is for Alexe's car where trying to get a good starting point so he doesn't go out there blind. I'm sure there will be plenty of people up there to help him. Any sugestion on tires, perhaps Jaco plads and purple?
Old 10-13-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

B4 is doing good. Ran at the Regional with it but was having some radio glitching on one part of the track. Regionals was at the same track that the Mod Nats. Just waiting now to get a indoor Off-Road track here to open up so I can run some Off-Road when on-road gets boring .

I am hoping to race it at the Losi Race down in Florida in April if that is when the race is going to be.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Sucks that the motor for Cleveland is going to be a motor that no one has tried yet and no one knows how to tune it fro good power. If it is a dog then Trintiy might have a hard time selling it.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Your car didn't run off the track did it? LOL, I've been there with glitches but I found if you get a good radio problems like that won't happen, can you beleive I spent over $175 trying to fix a glitch back in 99 and it turns out it was my radio(not the rx). Yep I ******* hate futaba radio's, I had the $230 one too. Oh also keep your battery bars off of graphite composite or CF chassises.
Old 10-13-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Yea.... I have the new Futaba 3PK.. I need to modifiy it for 9 cells in the transmitter. During the race I was getting hits. After the race when everyone was packing up I was not getting any hits which is weird because there were a lot of good drivers there and I was the only one on that channel. The closest Channel to me was 78 and I was on 74. Just going up the back hill towards the Straight is where I was getting hit...as soon as I got on the stragiht it would turn sharp to the left and then it would be fine on the rest of the track. I had a lot of fun and that is all that matters. I like off-road because it is more layed back. I had a lot of people looking at my car trying to help me out which was nice. I think I should have never sold my M8 though .
Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Elite

I started new threads with pics of the upcoming Xray cars. Check out the pics and ask me any questions you may have.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

9 cells, just be sure to use Nicads or Nimh's, brandnew set of duracells might be a bit of spike to the board which could hurt the memory, hell I don't know but I have heard of people fixing an extra one in the handle.

Yeah ever since I went to 27mhz I haven't had a problem, just too many people on 75 and not knowing what they're on. Sorry to hear bout that.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mike_Webb
Yea.... I have the new Futaba 3PK.. I need to modifiy it for 9 cells in the transmitter.
At our locak tracks, indoors and out, the 3PKs seem to get hit far more than any other radio. It seams to be spotty though. Could be a toelrance issue on the crystalls or tuning.

Sands
Old 10-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by racerdx6
sands- you probably are still running the stock brushes on your monster stock pro. you can try installing harder brushes, try purple on both sides. You will lose a little rpm usually, and will gain acceleration and punch. Although when I installed purple springs on my Chameleon 19t the rpm shot up like a rocket.
I'm running full face 4503s (or 4505s can't remember) with purple and red springs. Hoods are tweaked for good brush/comm interface and the motor was turned one race ago. Rollout was low 0.83-0.87s on a very tight track. I was running with a spool and solid center layshaft which might bind up the tranny a bit. Tranny is at 1.77.

I've heard that a trailing edge trim on the brush will give more torque. Anybody know about this?

sands
Old 10-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

RCInfinity-

Since X-Ray is a sponsor of the Snowbirds is there a chance that there may be a 1/12 mini class down there this year? You have 3 Mini cars now... yokomo, x-ray and the corally.

Mike Webb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.