Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That was a good link with some good info, thanx mike.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as the old school chasis goes what are the major differences?? Are the mounting locaions the same for the bulkheads. Is the old chasis just more stiff (rigid) thanks

Randyb
Old 08-19-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Pretty much it is more stiff..battereis are mounted more forward if I remember correctly... that is why we like them for Carpet Racing. When the Newer 6 cell chassis came out we knew they were going to dicontinue the old one so we got as many as we could. The battery placement is different on the old one then it is one the Newer Chassis but only by about 2mm and that is because they put 6 slots on each side.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

The bulkheads are in the same position..it is just the battery slots changed jsut a tad bit.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

So what does the forward weight transition help with. cause this car already has mad turn in.
Old 08-19-2003, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Even more turn I guess... it also balances the car a bit more since there is a lot of weight in the back half of the car so front to back balance is better. It also gives you more room to mess with the motor wires .
Old 08-19-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

before I go searching this thread for an hour. does nay one remeber the name of the company and website that makes titanium parts for the xray

thanks
Old 08-19-2003, 12:44 PM
Tech Master

ahh found it
Old 08-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RandyB
ahh found it
Randy, you for got to share....
Old 08-19-2003, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rayhuang
Also-what advantage do the alumnum eccentric Pivot Ball hinge pin mounts make? did I say that right? Mine are plastic.
Eye candy? I'm still using the plastic ones. I once ran into the boards hard and practically ripped the front left side off. The front hinge pin mount popped the e-clip pulled out of the bulkhead. The end was still usable so I popped it back in and put on a new e-clip. If I had the aluminum ones, I'm pretty sure it would have held but I'd have two broken arms.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm, is the alum eccentric hubs made by Xray?
Old 08-19-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Chevron models bugatti type S

Originally posted by racenut123
The same thing I like about it.Its super stable but thats not always the fastest around a track In all conditions if you know what I mean.I would use this body if I needed to "dull" my steering.The t1r has tons of it and the body makes it feel stuck.But truthfully I run it because its another option to not running a stratus,I just tune the car accordingly to get it to work. youll dig it.
I ran the type S at socal raceway today. I must admit I did turn some heads with it. You are right, the car is super stable allowing me to corner on rails. I also ran a 23T in the car and the speed added to the effect. I wonder how it will drive with a mod motor in it. Sometimes I feel I want to drive another body besides the stratus or alfa.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Chevron models bugatti type S

Originally posted by RCInfinity
I ran the type S at socal raceway today. I must admit I did turn some heads with it. You are right, the car is super stable allowing me to corner on rails. I also ran a 23T in the car and the speed added to the effect. I wonder how it will drive with a mod motor in it. Sometimes I feel I want to drive another body besides the stratus or alfa.
I ran mine on saturday....dialed.Everyone kept razzing me that I was running a cheater body but the kept coming to my pit and asking what it was.Was tq for the first round and had a bad run in the second and finished second in the main.Everyone said it was fast.Gotta love it!I think more around here may buy them now.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Hmmm, is the alum eccentric hubs made by Xray?
Here is the blerb from the Xray site:
Xray site:
For steering setting and fine tuning

High-quality CNC machined aluminum arm holders are a great add-on for your T1 to help you fine tune your steering. Exchange the standard nylon holder for these alu holders and adjust the steering very precisely - exactly how you will need and require. These eccentric holders will greatly help you to tune and improve the steering characteristic.

The alu eccentric holders have two holes for placing them in two positions. The first position is the standard position as the original nylon holders in the kits, with hole for the pins in the centerline. When you rotate the holder by 90° you will achieve the second position; here the hole is 1.5 mm off center, which creates the possibility to have multiple positions of the front upper arm.
Looking at the picture, it looks like you get to play with more settings.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-alu_hubs1.jpg  
Old 08-20-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Chevron models bugatti type S

I ran the type S at socal raceway today. I must admit I did turn some heads with it. You are right, the car is super stable allowing me to corner on rails.
Where can you find this body? Sounds interesting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.