Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: xray

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Hey Luke:
The Ray is a great car, and like any great car the details make the difference, maybe you are already past this car, but if not, try rebuilding it back to the exact stock specifications. You could start all over again with another brand, but you may tune yourself out of the next car too. The kit setup is very good on the Ray, try and give it another chance
Glad to hear you are still hooked on the xray!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Pucho, a rip off artist

Originally posted by volav
Hi everyone, just a notice that I bought Pucho car as he was needing the money to go back to school. Well since I sent him the money, he as not sent the car nor responded to any of my emails. Just a warning as he other stuff for sale and may try to get you to buy it. I'm out $390, with no recourse but to hire a lawyer and get the postamaster to nail him. Although not they way I would like to do it, I refuse to be ripped off. If you have also had problems, let me know and I will notify the postmaster I'm working with. As I have said before, if the product is delivered soon I will remove this post. But it is a warning to everyone.
Volav: You got mail. I happen to have been sent out of town for work with out notice and that's why the stuff wasn't sent. But it's in the mail.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: xray

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Glad to hear you are still hooked on the xray!
Don't hate the playa, Hate the Game
Old 07-22-2003, 03:30 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Pucho

All issues have been resolved hopefully, thus I retract all statements and have deleted my posts.

As to the XRay winning. Their is no question that is my car of choice. I have run both Losi and TC3 and after running my XRay one time I sold them all. Yes it takes a bit of tuining, and practice driving, but I have never ever had a car respond as well as it has. Maybe part of your problem is the radio, you really must turn down the dual rate, unless you are an expert. Also practice, and I mean practice as you race, same tires, same compound. Don't just practice and then during racing change things, it just won't work.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: xray

Originally posted by Accord
It sounds like you either: A) don't know how to drive or B) don't know how to set up your car.

If you're doing poorly with an XRay, then you will do poorly with every other car on the market. If you're good enough to win races, then you'll be able to win those races with any of the popular cars on the market.

I highly reccomend you get out to your track and practice and also buy the XXXMAIN setup guide and learn how to setup your car.
Sounds like you like to trash people more than you want to help Accord I've been racing since 94 I do very well with my tc3 !!!! My problem with the xray its to slow out of the corners compared to the shaft drive cars .. Our hot class here is stock just not enough motor to keep up tc3's .. Ive run it in mod works great !!!!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am not trashing anyone at all, if you have a problem with your car accelerating out of corners in which shaft drive cars are faster, then buy the 1.77 pullies and your XRay will accelerate just as well as any TC3 or shaft drive car.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I own just about every TC out their.. and my xray is just as fast out of the turns as any of my shaft cars(R2 Cuda,SD yokomo,FT tc-3)It's all in the set up,and the 1.77 pulleys..
Old 07-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally posted by Accord
I am not trashing anyone at all, if you have a problem with your car accelerating out of corners in which shaft drive cars are faster, then buy the 1.77 pullies and your XRay will accelerate just as well as any TC3 or shaft drive car.
you're right pal, just get the 1.77 pullies and the car'll rip!! just tried out the new ratio last weekend and its good!!
Old 07-22-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default pullies

Ok I'll get the pullies do I need the new solid lay shaft too ?
Old 07-22-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: pullies

Originally posted by Lukewarmwater
Ok I'll get the pullies do I need the new solid lay shaft too ?
Yes, you do need it.

Last edited by Accord; 07-22-2003 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Lukewarmwater: Yes, you do need the solid layshaft.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Default any other help

here's what I have the t1 with the aluminum c-hubs what else should i get to make the car rip other than the new pulleys..
Old 07-22-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

3mm rear belt, soak the belts in W-D 40 overnight before instaling them on the car and run them as loose as posible with out skiping. Run the largest spur you can find I ran 128 in my car, make sure your bearings are all free, if not clean them well. I use non clorinated break cleaner and an rpm bearing blaster. I am brave, and maintenace my car regularely so I left one shield off the bearing. specially on the hubs. Good luck.
Old 07-22-2003, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

what would be you guys choice out of the T1R and the barracuda r2..... thanks
Old 07-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Regular

erm, if u were going to expend money on a barracuda, you should compare to an evo2 FOC, in which case i would go the EVO2 FOC coz u can get spares in aus easily.

Rob Storey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.