Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just got back from the FSEARA state race at TQ Hobbies in Longwood, Florida. Alex Lopez was there racing and he was extremely fast, I couldn't believe it. His car was so smooth through the corners, it was amazing. I also saw some prototype parts on his car that were only available to factory team drivers, very cool and he's a really nice guy.

Most factory team drivers that i've met were assholes and not willing to help or answer questions and things like that... not Alex, he was very helpful and very cool to be around.
Old 07-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

I am selling my Xray EVO2, check out the f/s section, or click the link in my sig.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Accord
Just got back from the FSEARA state race at TQ Hobbies in Longwood, Florida. Alex Lopez was there racing and he was extremely fast, I couldn't believe it. His car was so smooth through the corners, it was amazing. I also saw some prototype parts on his car that were only available to factory team drivers, very cool and he's a really nice guy.

Most factory team drivers that i've met were assholes and not willing to help or answer questions and things like that... not Alex, he was very helpful and very cool to be around.
I haven't had a chance to meet Alex, but I hear he is a nice guy.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:32 PM
Regional Moderator

Thumbs down deleted

Problem solved

Last edited by volav; 07-22-2003 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-21-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Alex is super cool guy. Damn good driver too............ Am interested to know what protype parts he was running????
Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

NuKe,what type of car are you wanting to try..?
Old 07-21-2003, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

I have been talking with people from Team AE and also the Barracuda, so I'll see what happens, hopefully soon. In the meantime, I would like to sell my car, so someone else can win with it , instead of leacing it in my garage to collect dust.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default xray

I hate my xray car is to slow for our stock class cant keep up with the tc3's Ive tried to sell nobody act's interested on these threads ..
Old 07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Alright man, dont even start bsing the Xray, it is a great car. I beat three TC3's EVERY weekend, along with every other car out there. I placed 4th at the Electric Nationals a few weeks back, along with Alex being the only other Xray in the show. There were plenty of TC3's there and if it werent for me not getting the set-up down earlier in the week then I did, I might have placed third.
So....dont blame your lack of skill on the car, saying it is SLOW, maybe you should learn to set-up, gear, and drive the car before you start talking smack.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

hey Lukewarmwater
i too had given up on my x-ray. i became overwellmend with all of the adjustments.

recently i have been working with a team x-ray driver and he has help me out trememdosly. last saterday i ran my evoII with c-hub back to back with my tc3, yes my fastest lap was with the tc3 a 10.7 and my fastes with the x-ray was 10.9 a marginal diffrence but here is the kicker, my average lap with the tc3 was 11.4, and with the xray 11.2 and my lap times with the x-ray were more consistant.

i will be putting the tc3 on the shelf for the time being.

take it from someone who has been in your shoe's "dont give up on the ray."
Old 07-21-2003, 11:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Re: xray

Originally posted by Lukewarmwater
I hate my xray car is to slow for our stock class cant keep up with the tc3's Ive tried to sell nobody act's interested on these threads ..
Hey Luke:
The Ray is a great car, and like any great car the details make the difference, maybe you are already past this car, but if not, try rebuilding it back to the exact stock specifications. You could start all over again with another brand, but you may tune yourself out of the next car too. The kit setup is very good on the Ray, try and give it another chance
Old 07-22-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Regular

hey. you guys must know alot about xray's so i was just woundering what you know about the T1R. i am in the market for a new car and on the top of my list is the T1R.

it is a great price but i am woundering what is its performance for 540 and stock and mabe mod. becasue i just got out of novice and i need a more competitive car(i am selling my pro 3 now) can this car in these classes win if the driver sets it up right and drives it well? i am manily gonna use it for 540 and 2wd 540.

so can this car be used for 2wd 540 if you take the back diff out(and is there anyother way of converting it .and more effective ways)and will it compete with the 2wd tc3s and evo 3 i race against.

in 4wd i race against evo 3 and tc3 and alot of other good cars. i just need to know if it can be a good car becasue i dont want to buy it and then it is a gun in 4wd and then shit in 2wd.

thanks and i hope you guys can answer my question. Matt
Old 07-22-2003, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 2wd?

Wow.Most here in the states don't run a 4wd sedan in 2wd mode.So could not tell you.But if it works for the other sedans,I dont see why not.Just remove the rear belt I suppose.In 540 this car would be awsome.But make sure you get the 1.77 pully conversion.This car is very adjustable and super easy to drive if setup correct.It handle wells in both stock and Mod too.I have switched from the shaft cars recently and don't regret it at all.
Old 07-22-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: xray

Originally posted by Lukewarmwater
It sounds like you either: A) don't know how to drive or B) don't know how to set up your car.

If you're doing poorly with an XRay, then you will do poorly with every other car on the market. If you're good enough to win races, then you'll be able to win those races with any of the popular cars on the market.

I highly reccomend you get out to your track and practice and also buy the XXXMAIN setup guide and learn how to setup your car.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Pucho, a rip off artist

Originally posted by volav
Hi everyone, just a notice that I bought Pucho car as he was needing the money to go back to school. Well since I sent him the money, he as not sent the car nor responded to any of my emails. Just a warning as he other stuff for sale and may try to get you to buy it. I'm out $390, with no recourse but to hire a lawyer and get the postamaster to nail him. Although not they way I would like to do it, I refuse to be ripped off. If you have also had problems, let me know and I will notify the postmaster I'm working with. As I have said before, if the product is delivered soon I will remove this post. But it is a warning to everyone.
hey bro i know pucho...i live here in florida..you will get your stuff i'm positive of that. he is a good guy..i'll forward this to his email..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.