Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 07-02-2003, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

The 124 will work, but for stock, you might want to run the 128. The nice thing is it clears the motor enough so the larger pulley set doesn't rub, and the larger spur will give you more torque.
Old 07-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Devin
Who's run the 1.77 gears with the monster stock? How did it perform vs the 2.125 gears? I am about to get a set and wondered how they worked with this motor.
Devin,

You got PM.

Jimmy
Old 07-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Regional Moderator

Default 64 pitch Spur

What companies make the 64 pitch spur gear? I know Kimbrough makes one, is there anybody else? Do you have part numbers for like a 120 tooth & 128 tooth one. I don't have a local hobby shop that carries these type things and it's difficult looking at pictures on the internet to find ones that will fit.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Post New XRAY chassis?

So I keep hearing rumors that XRAY might release a shaft drive car in the near future.

Can anyone confirm this...if so has the factory talked about a possible release date?

Thanks,

JC
Old 07-02-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

There is a poll going about what we would like to see in the drivetrain of the next XRay. The results currently show that two thirds of people would prefer a shaft drive. However, there has been no official word on whether or not that will actually happen.

Here are the poll results so far:
Dual Belt 28.1%
Single Belt 5%
Shaft 66.9%

If the next XRay is shaft drive, it will be the best shaft drive car on the market. The ability to free up a shaft drive car depends largely on the quality and fit of the parts. The XRay quality is second to none, so I would suspect a shaft driven XRay to be qutie a rocket.

Having said that, I doubt it really matters. The dual belt design with the narrow rear belt and the low ratio pulleys is actually really effecient. If you soak the belts and bearings in WD-40, the XRay is already a pretty free rolling chassis. I say this as somebody who has owned a few TC3 cars and put the hours into freeing up the shaft drive cars, and I honestly think the existing XRay is just as fast on the track. Regardless of the drivetrain of the next XRay, I will keep driving the XRay.
Old 07-02-2003, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Shiloh
There is a poll going about what we would like to see in the drivetrain of the next XRay. The results currently show that two thirds of people would prefer a shaft drive. However, there has been no official word on whether or not that will actually happen.

Here are the poll results so far:
Dual Belt 28.1%
Single Belt 5%
Shaft 66.9%

If the next XRay is shaft drive, it will be the best shaft drive car on the market. The ability to free up a shaft drive car depends largely on the quality and fit of the parts. The XRay quality is second to none, so I would suspect a shaft driven XRay to be qutie a rocket.

Having said that, I doubt it really matters. The dual belt design with the narrow rear belt and the low ratio pulleys is actually really effecient. If you soak the belts and bearings in WD-40, the XRay is already a pretty free rolling chassis. I say this as somebody who has owned a few TC3 cars and put the hours into freeing up the shaft drive cars, and I honestly think the existing XRay is just as fast on the track. Regardless of the drivetrain of the next XRay, I will keep driving the XRay.
wassup Shil:
I have an X-Ray, and a Barracuda, In 27T class at the Nationals this week I actually got beat by an X-Ray !

However at our local track SoCal raceway the belt cars give up too much punch out of the corners to be competitive at the top level. The 200+ foot straight NC evened things out a bit between the shaft and the shaft-nots

The writing is on the wall, all cars will be shaft in the very near future, some will have it worked out better than others, I think we are already seeing that
Old 07-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

From my experience:

I tried the new Yok SD and the Tamiya EVO 3. Both were extremely slow on carpet with foams (stock). Have not tried the Cuda. The TC3 obviously accelerates hard any where it is ran.

Between a TC3 and an X-Ray. My findings:

X-Ray is much smoother, handles much better, carries more corner speed, and is much easier to drive lap for lap. Sometimes hard to make good horsepower in stock.

TC3 handles so so, seems a bit erratic, not consistent week to week and track to track, BUT MAKES EASY POWER.

Just my $.02~
Old 07-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Oh c'mon Alex.... You can switch before Cleveland~

Glad to hear the car is working good for ya.

L8R dude,
Rob Love
Old 07-02-2003, 07:52 PM
Tech Addict

Sup Rob,

You still running Xray or what?That race will be my lost stock race from what i see.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Oh yeahhh. Been playing with the T1R. Getting ready to build up an EVO2 soon for the rug. Getting my Speedmerchant ready now. Decided to run some 12th scale this season.....

Awesome job at the Nats (plural). Both Nats. Glad to see you in an X-Ray. Nothing wrong with the Schuie. I just think the X-Ray is a better car and you will do much better with it. Take care brutha and I will hit ya up if I find anything new with the car on the rug......

Rob
Old 07-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks bra!See you on the carpet
Old 07-02-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Evoracer: The proof is in the puding. At my local track juat about every one of the regulars have switched to the Xray inclding my self from a shumaker. And others are taking notice of how well we are all running with it. Shad Galante gave up his sponsorship with Corally (he still runs their 1/12) to run an Xray, mind you he is paying for it out of his pocket. I noticed you are in melbourn If you run into Kenny Campbel ask him about his car he is also an other racer that switched from a TC3 to a T1R because he saw how well they ran. If you get a chance or when you are ready to buy check out www.tqhobbies.com it's only about an hwr away in Longwood.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

volav: I would stick with the Kmbrough It seas to have the best fit. I have tryed to use the RW but the bolt patern won't match the fixed pully, you will be allright if you use the oneway pully but not the fixed. I was thinking of trying the Robinsons but I don't want to spend the $$ and find out they don't work. Here is the link to Kimbrough you can find the part #'s there.

http://www.kimbrough-products.com/index2.htm
Old 07-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Devin: 124 is close but 128 would be better, Eaven though It does not feel like it the car does have more rip. It was proven to me last week at our club race I came out to the straight with an other fello T1R racer that is using the old pullys and I have the new ones well he went in first and I was able to catch him and pass him down the straight. It was to the point that he asked me If I had a 19t in the car but no we where both runing stock motors (monster stocks) I was geared at a 7.50 final drive the straight is about 80ft long.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys,

I'm getting my T1R very soon (ordered, on its way now), and I'm looking for any building tips or things I should be aware of during construction. Specifically, how to get the drivetrain nice and free. I know the 1.77 pulley set is a must, and I plan on picking that up. Xray claims the bearings are degreased and oiled with Aeroshell12, but is that enough? Should i spray them out and lube them with something else? I've also heard of just soaking them in WD40. I've also heard of soaking the belts in WD40, does that work?

Thanks for the help!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.