Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 06-14-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Adept

Try www.mdiracing.com , these guys usually have all the stuff I am looking for for my T1.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

www.tqhobbies.com they are a R/C tech supporter and have the largest stock of Xray parts in the south east. You will need to call to palce your order but they have lots of stock in hand.www.tqhobbies.com
Old 06-14-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

There are many places to order Xray parts. Most notably teamxray.com, but there are numerous online hobby shops who carry parts at great prices as well. ie Stormer and Ultimate just to name a couple
Old 06-15-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got my Xray T1 Evo2 Freedom of Choice edition yesterday and i'm almost done putting it together, i'm on step 9 which is the front end final assembly. Well my kit has a plastic bumper brace, as opposed to a carbon fiber one which is shown in the instruction manual, on the box, and every picture I have seen on the internet and in magazines. Why did I get a junky plastic one when it shows carbon fiber in every picture I have ever seen of the Evo2?

Who do I contact about replacing the crappy plastic bumper top brace with a carbon fiber one?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 02:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well I just got home from the 4th round Of the F.S.E.A.E.A. All the best drivers in FL where there trying to get some practice before the nationals. I ran Stock and Alex Lopez of team X Ray ran 19t and Mod. In stock I qualifyed 7th in the B main I an satisfyed because I was only a lap down from the TQ (in by no meand a great driver nor do I clame to be) soo the field was tight. The track was fairly high speed with very little slow corners but there was one nasty chikane right before the bridge that killed a lot of guys/girls. And if you didn't nail your entry into the straight you would loose tons of momemtum. I finished 3rd, I had a desent start from the 7th spot and took advantage of early crashes to work my way to third behind My good friens Izzy Santiago. The the leader broke (motor went up in smoke) and found my self in second. I would catch up to 1st but would comit a mistake time and time again and could not close the deal. with a minute to go 3rd place had caught up to us and I again made an othe mistake to let him by I was right behind him the rest of the way but the door closed on every corner to the end. I am satisfyed the car was absolutely on Rails. Alex finishe 2nd in mod behind Dave vera of Shumaker and in front of Paul Winn also of shumaker. His EVO2 was also very good. Alex will be going with the EVO2 and a T1R (that I built for him) to the nats. He really liked My set up and will be starting with it in N.C.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Plastic bumper brace/New pullys

Accord: The reason they now include that one over the CF one is because they are about to release a front sway bar set (wire ones) and that bumper has the mount built in for them.

About the new pullys, I was kinda disapointed the car seamed the lose it's rip. With the same spur and same final drive It didn't seamed to have it. Don't get me wrong the car it stupid free and everione was drooling about how free it was but it just didn't seam to have that same rip I had fallen in love with. Ill have to test on my local track to get a better picture of how the are helping/hurting the car and Ill get back to you guys with more info.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default T1R Asphalt set up

Here is my set up:

Front:

Spring/ Blue
Oil/ Xray 30wt
Piston/ fixed 3 hole
shock possition standard on tower and arm
camber link position standard
0 Kick up
3* Caster block
1* camber
0 tow
4.5mm RH
spool(faster with one-way, but More consistent with the spool)

Rear:

Spring/ blue
Oil/ Xray 30wt
Piston/ fixed 3 hole
Shock position standard on tower and arm
camber link on lower inner hole on bridge/standard on block
3*antisquat
1.5* camber
3* tow-in
5mm RH
Diff fairly loose

Misc:

Body/ Losi Alfa
Tires/ Pre mounted TO CS-27's
Monster stock
gearing 128/32 FD+7.008 (with new pullys 1.77IR)
weight was 52.4 had to add one or the long center chassi weight's to make weight.
Old 06-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Plastic bumper brace/New pullys

Originally posted by pucho
Accord: The reason they now include that one over the CF one is because they are about to release a front sway bar set (wire ones) and that bumper has the mount built in for them.
I've already bought the aftermarket adjustable front anti-roll bar set, would I get even better performance if I used both the front anti-rollbar set AND the front anti-sway bar set?

Thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

NO! they do the say in diffrent ways. The new sway bar set is easier to set up then the adjustable one. also most of the guys here say that the cam stile one is bettoer on the EVO2
Old 06-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just ran into a manufacturing flaw (or so I think) when I was attempting to installed the front adjustable anti-roll bar set. There are two small set screws in the bag, each set screw is supposed to go into the top of the aluminum swing arm things, well the problem is, only one of the aluminum swing arms has a hole on top for it, the other one has no hole, yet the instruction manual supplied clearly shows holes in the top of both with set screws in them.

What can I do, besides having to drill and tap my own hole? My LHS where I bought it from does not have a return policy at all, so I can't bring it back and exchange it for a good one.

I have attached a picture:
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-dsc00683-copy.jpg  
Old 06-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I would call serpent down in MIA Im sure they will hook you up.
Old 06-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea accord contact ralph burch in miami about that. That is def a part that has not been properly milled.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

I want to try foams outside on asphalt on my Evo2. Does anyone have any suggestions on which tires works best, and a good starting setup for the car, springs and oil etc.. The track is medium sized ,asphalt, bumpy in some places and have medium traction. It has a quite fast layout, laptimes around 23.5s
Old 06-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by PorscheSuperCup
yea accord contact ralph burch in miami about that. That is def a part that has not been properly milled.
Thanks, I just called Serpent USA and they're sending me a new one .
Old 06-16-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Jimmy Fukuyama,

I got your e-mail today. No problem on the parts. I will take care of Paypal this evening (06/17/2003).

Thanks again,
Rob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.