Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by xwing
I also want the Novak BL for my Evo2, but I dont know where to put the receiver given the big size of the speed controller. Any thoughts?
xwing,

Ive been running my receiver on top of my servo for 3 months now. Im using the Novak XXtra syn FM and have had no glitching or interference whatsoever
Old 05-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shoegoo--oh, that's a good way to mount my GT7. It always comes loose when mounted to the chassis with double sided tape. A small layer would hold tight and still be flexible enough to get off when I needed it to.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have a small problem with my Xray. I am hoping others do as well. Are the silver flat head screws that hold all of the bulkheads in have a poorly sized hex???

Almost all of mine my allen drivers fit loose and because of that-I have stripped two or three heads of these silver screws. I even went so far as to file back my drivers to make sure I was on fresh metal!!! Still no luck. Of course-the only solution is to dremel a flat in it and use a screwdriver-but then you nick the Carbon Fiber and make an ugly!! Maybe thats Serpent USA's way to sell more carbon fiber components???

Thanks guys,
Ray
Old 05-02-2003, 12:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by rayhuang
I have a small problem with my Xray. I am hoping others do as well.
what a nice thing to say, hoping other have problems
seriously, i haven't had any problems with any screw on the car, i'm using hudy's ball hex screwdrivers with good results.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

what a nice thing to say, hoping other have problems
Misery loves company they say!!!

Okay-cool-its just annoying and one local buddy complained of the same thing. He even e-mailed me to ask if I he needed another size metric allen!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

After having to drill out some of the factory screws on my first car,I replaced them with hardened alloy screws from an outside supplier. On my second and third cars I threw away the factory screws to start with.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

saints1115-My cars starting to gain weight (Steel axles, Solid top deck, Adj. sway bar.....) so I might source some Ti screws for this car as well. It needs to go on a diet!!!!
And the silver screw material is steel-but its very soft!!! Good choice going to a higher grade steel!!!

Thanks,
Ray
Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have a small problem with my Xray. I am hoping others do as well. Are the silver flat head screws that hold all of the bulkheads in have a poorly sized hex???

Thanks guys,
Ray

I changed all my screws to stainless steel....
Old 05-02-2003, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I changed all my screws to stainless steel....
Where do you find the stainless steel screws? What about titaniums. I found fifty (50) 3x6,3x8,3x10, and 3x12's alum hex screws for 35 bucks. That's hell of a good deal for 200 screws.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Devin
Where do you find the stainless steel screws? What about titaniums. I found fifty (50) 3x6,3x8,3x10, and 3x12's alum hex screws for 35 bucks. That's hell of a good deal for 200 screws.
Bought my S.S. screws from Fastenersexpress. pack of 20 is about $3-5.00.

Stay away from aluminum screws..they strip easily.

Ti are good going into plastics parts...but if you put Ti screws into aluminum parts... you're looking for dissaster...
both materials are not compatible...they will permenantly bond themselves together.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Rc_zombies-Yeah-right-they gall together. And if I use an anti-seize compound-they might come loose. Maybe a company makes a threadlocker specifically for Ti and Aluminum. Actually-I am sure someone does-just need to remember who it was.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Rc_zombies-Yeah-right-they gall together. And if I use an anti-seize compound-they might come loose. Maybe a company makes a threadlocker specifically for Ti and Aluminum. Actually-I am sure someone does-just need to remember who it was.
Me....

You can get anti-seize compound from the bike shop. copper collored paste... made by Finish Line or Loctite.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Adept

Almost all of mine my allen drivers fit loose and because of that-I have stripped two or three heads of these silver screws. I even went so far as to file back my drivers to make sure I was on fresh metal!!! Still no luck. Of course-the only solution is to dremel a flat in it and use a screwdriver-but then you nick the Carbon Fiber and make an ugly!! Maybe thats Serpent USA's way to sell more carbon fiber components???

Thanks guys,
Ray
Ray,
I had the same problem on my Xray. Here's what I did, I went to SEARS and got a set of "Screw-out" (about $25, yep pricey but worth it) it looks like the EZ- out but very small. It comes with 3 bits (S, M, L) . They look like self-tapping screws with reverse thread. You put it in your drill, set it in reverse, and it will "bite" in to the screw, thus pulling it out. Hope it helps.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Don't use Ti screws. One of my Ti screws fused into the aluminum bulkheads. No matter what I did, that screw is now part of the car. What I did was completely disassemble the bulkhead and tried using an easy out, that didn't work. I tried notching it, that didn't work. My last attempt was shaping the head into a box or rectangle and using pliers try to remove the screw. That failed also. So what I did was cut the head of the screw off and made it flush with the bottom of the bulkhead.
Old 05-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RCInfinity
Don't use Ti screws. One of my Ti screws fused into the aluminum bulkheads. No matter what I did, that screw is now part of the car. What I did was completely disassemble the bulkhead and tried using an easy out, that didn't work. I tried notching it, that didn't work. My last attempt was shaping the head into a box or rectangle and using pliers try to remove the screw. That failed also. So what I did was cut the head of the screw off and made it flush with the bottom of the bulkhead.

Ti is only good for screwing bones together..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.