Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Old 01-18-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Trinity :: Isn't that a carpet setup?
Old 01-18-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Almost, except for the springs, and the c-hubs. Some people like having the roll bars on, others don't. Depends on the track.
Old 01-18-2003, 12:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sorry yellow springs for asphalt and possibly no roll bars. It depends on how u like to drive
Old 01-18-2003, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I bet it is a carpet setup. Stephan only runs on carpet (at least so far with this car)
Old 01-18-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Hello Everybody,
Just picked up an Xray T1 first version and there are a couple of things I wanted to ask.
Firstly I am having trouble fitting the carbon fibre Bumper upper plate. It is the one with the transponder cut out and it seems to sit a few millimetres above where it is suppose to sit on the front bulkhead. Is this suppose to be or am I missing something??

Secondly the measurement in the book for the steering rod that connects to the servo horn seems awfully long. If I was to leave it at the length stated in the manual the servo horn would not be able to sit perpendicular to the chassis. Have I done something wrong. Would it hurt if I used a shortened arm which allowed the servo horn to sit perpendicular to the chassis??

Any help is much appreciated

Steevo
Old 01-18-2003, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The setup above is for carpet, soften to yellow springs and no roll bar or a smaller one for the rear for asphalt. The setups on this car work well every where so far.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:39 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Originally posted by Steevo
Hello Everybody,
Just picked up an Xray T1 first version and there are a couple of things I wanted to ask.
Firstly I am having trouble fitting the carbon fibre Bumper upper plate. It is the one with the transponder cut out and it seems to sit a few millimetres above where it is suppose to sit on the front bulkhead. Is this suppose to be or am I missing something??
The original foam is a little thicker than the gap between the brace. You can either cut the foam thinner or simply put the screws into the bulkhead and compress the foam, after a while the foam kinda takes on the new shape!

As for the linkages just measure up the car's toe-in after you have finished building it, the orginal geometry from the manual is "strange"! One word of advise the plastic used for the ball ends are tough. When building the turnbuckles it is best to thread the turnbuckle all the way into the ball end to cut the thread and then back off. It will be easier to adjust them later on without them popping off each time.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for your help. I wasn't sure if these things were because of something I was doing wrong or not. I always use a "Tap" to make a thread in any plastic parts before putting in the screws. It helps a lot.

Steevo
Old 01-19-2003, 04:41 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Steevo
Thanks for your help. I wasn't sure if these things were because of something I was doing wrong or not. I always use a "Tap" to make a thread in any plastic parts before putting in the screws. It helps a lot.

Steevo
When I built my first Xray I made up the assembly consisiting of the plastic bumper, foam bumper, graphite piece and front body post. Built it up and then used a muti grip (or vise would do) simple to flatten the foam....it helped a little....
Old 01-19-2003, 10:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
The setup above is for carpet, soften to yellow springs and no roll bar or a smaller one for the rear for asphalt. The setups on this car work well every where so far.

THanks guys..I'll try it out next week.
Old 01-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,

I just build my x-ray and i love the car it's great! But i noticed a large amount of play on the layshaft between the bulkheads. Is this normal? Or what did i do wrong.
Thanks.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

did you remember to put the washer in?? there is a washer that goes on b 4 the one way bearing.. that coudl be your problem
Old 01-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

The large amount of play is not normal. Disassemble and try again ensuring that the directions is followed and every piece is seated. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I rebuild it a couple of times but the problem stays. Do you guys have play? or nothing at all?
Old 01-19-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

I have very little play in the layshaft. Describe how much play you have?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.