Old 06-25-2015, 05:51 AM   #946
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

okay , thanks
quickta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:19 AM   #947
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

9 times out of 10, the problem with the belts is oversized diff pulleys OR the belt not riding on the pulley correctly. In one case, a guy actually had Losi pulleys that were deformed causing the belt to never ride correctly. I always install and let the car roll without a motor in it. That helps me to know the tension is just right and the belt is seated correctly. Others are correct, the belt does take time to break in and stretch. However, stretch is limited as the belt is Kevlar re-inforced for longevity.

I just ran out of my stock, but due to renewed interest I will be getting some more. It's just taking longer than it normally does because of work obligations. I also don't log in on here as often as I used to. I've still got other stuff in the development pipeline if people want it, but the market is shrinking as people throw their stuff away.
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:34 PM   #948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Broke the XXX-S out today, it had been around 3 years since I last drove one. The car was a beast on carpet in VTA, I really forgot how much I like driving one. A win in the class was a nice reintroduction to active duty.

fingers crossed that jhwnissan and fathead get us some nice new bits for these old-but-capable cars .

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:59 PM   #949
Tech Initiate

where are you folks getting thrust bearings and diff rings for these cars, can't find them anywhere
gordonmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:45 AM   #950
Tech Regular

Should have belts next week. Will let you guys know. I'll be getting belts only 2 times per year after this. That'll make my life a little easier which should be less stressful and I should be able to keep you guys stocked. (It'll also give me some time to work on that plate chassis XXX-S.)
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 AM   #951
Tech Regular

Belts are back in stock and I've got some spare parts around too if anyone is interested.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 07-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #952
Tech Apprentice

What kind of parts? PM me, I'm interested.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #953
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostTown View Post
What kind of parts? PM me, I'm interested.
Or just tell us here. Also, to repeat myself, what are you folks using for diff rings and thrust bearings, because old stock doesn't seem to exist.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #954
Tech Addict

Spur adapter off to nf_ekt tomorrow for more testing.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:46 PM   #955
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonmoney View Post
Or just tell us here. Also, to repeat myself, what are you folks using for diff rings and thrust bearings, because old stock doesn't seem to exist.
Honestly... if you want to run a XXXS these days, you have to fully commit. When you see rollers for cheap on ebay, buy them for the hardware alone. The 20 to 40 dollar cars. Usually don't come with a belt, are dirty, and sold by the guy who "doesn't know what this is cuz he's not into RC cars" or whatever. Take the car and break it down for parts. That's what I've done, along with other resources I tend to keep to myself.

You're not going to find old stock of thrust bearings under the XXX-S name. All XXX branded vehicles used the same ones. XXX buggy and truck, along with the Sedan. Same with diff rings. Look hard enough, and you'll find them.
GhostTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #956
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Honestly... if you want to run a XXXS these days, you have to fully commit. When you see rollers for cheap on ebay, buy them for the hardware alone. The 20 to 40 dollar cars. Usually don't come with a belt, are dirty, and sold by the guy who "doesn't know what this is cuz he's not into RC cars" or whatever. Take the car and break it down for parts. That's what I've done, along with other resources I tend to keep to myself.

You're not going to find old stock of thrust bearings under the XXX-S name. All XXX branded vehicles used the same ones. XXX buggy and truck, along with the Sedan. Same with diff rings. Look hard enough, and you'll find them.
Thank you
Old 07-21-2015, 09:47 PM   #957
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fathead View Post
Spur adapter off to nf_ekt tomorrow for more testing.
Awesome, thank you. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Sounds about right, lol. The obvious issue with these cars has been the sourcing of belts and adapters, though that is being addressed thankfully.

You do have to be willing to look and search a bit for parts, but it is worth it. Just don't be that guy that spends more time buying / hording parts than actually racing. These things were meant to run, not become a collectable obsession. I've been very happy with mine in VTA, I keep a small supply of extras with me but honestly nothing ever breaks!