R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #586
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Wink Losi XXX-S blue aluminum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Bigfatslob...Hey Steve...I just noticed that post about the Fastrack adaptors. Good find !!! Did you ask how many were available ?? I knew about those years ago but Fastrack stuff was impossible to find info on. I think they made Blue versions of all the same pieces Trinity did.
Here's where I got alot of parts http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?...category_id=22 and http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?...category_id=22 and http://www.dms-racing.com/index.php?...category_id=22 you can call them for help also, they are very helpful
Old 04-12-2014, 08:50 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nice !!! Glad you found some of that stuff.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #588
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Nice !!! Glad you found some of that stuff.
Hi, Evoracer, yes, I found the mother load of european Fastrax/Millenium parts. Here's your blue XXX-S that we've added more blue to and still have alot more to do, here's some of the Fastrax stuff and some is on the chassis already :

See your diff pulleys and out drives ? we'll be putting the blue pulleys on those :

See the red chassis, we've upgrades it further, if you look carefully you'll see some of your stuff integrated into it also :

Overall, the Blue XXX-S has been a much more difficult build. For example the rear arms are in fact for the front of a Losi mini 8ight, the front arms are for an associated TC-4 , while the rear hub carriers are from a Tamiya Dark Impact DF03. pretty much the rest is for the Losi XXX-S. I'll do post here or a new thread when all are complete.

Last edited by bigfatslob; 04-13-2014 at 05:04 PM. Reason: misspelled
bigfatslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:08 AM   #589
Tech Elite

Steve, all I can STILL say is WOW !!

Good Morning Folks,
Just wondering if I can get a head count for interest in the Xenon spur adaptors.
RC Planet contacted me asking if we're interested.
To summarize:
Xenon spur adaptor approx $20 (based on current exchange US to Malaysia)
Shipping: approximately 8-10 dollars TOTAL no matter if we buy 1 or all 18 pieces.
Shipping to YOU: I'll be glad to have the stuff shipped to me and then forward your order to you. Can't imagine that it would cost more than $5 bucks including a padded envelope. (US only of course)

So...let's call it $27 each. We need at least 4-5 pieces to make it worthwhile. I'll be glad to place the order, handle payment, arrange shipping to each of you BUT I'll need money and addresses so PayPal will be the only way to do this.

If you're interested in getting one or more of these,please PM me with number wanted and for my paypal address. (even if you've already contacted me)
I really thought we'd get all 18 pieces spoken for but right now I think we've only got interest in 4-5 pieces.

We need to put a cap on how long to keep trying sooo.... Whatever we get BY FRIDAY, APRIL 18 is it.
Attached Thumbnails
LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc-xenon-spur-gear-xxx-s.jpg  
Old 04-18-2014, 07:47 AM   #590
Tech Elite

Well folks,
the deadline is here and it's not looking good. This isn't a big deal though. At least you know they're out there.
If you're a xxxs owner or want to be, please contact the folks at RC Planet to buy one of these units. I think we all know that spur adaptors are tough to come by and surely make the car more user friendly.
Plan on about 20 bucks + 8 bucks registered mail shipping. If paying by PayPal I've been notified there is a 4% fee. This should make the total around 30 bucks (remember this is based on exchange rate).
Still an excellent purchase and we all know it. Have Fun XXXS drivers !!!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:34 AM   #591
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To those that have bought and are running the belts:

GREAT! I hope you're still racing. Last night, I was approached by someone on ebay (where they go for 28.99 due to fees rather than the 25 shipped in the USA on here) who was having them made. Rather than being friendly, he proceeded to tell me everything HE was going to do because my belts were "too expensive". Now, I'm not one for badmouthing the competition, but I will say be careful. You do get what you pay for when it comes to belts. Ask the right questions. I went through extensive R&D as well as drawing up easy to follow instructions to make the belt work properly with those in this forum despite no one wanting to touch these things. People said the XXX-S racing community was dead. I was happy to prove them wrong. I'm unsure if this guy will do the same. I wish him well in having belts made, but hope that none of you get screwed over in the process. The other company that is here selling belts is an actual store front and seem to be nice people. Whether you choose them or me, just be careful people.

-Josh
JoshHowardDesign
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S

Last edited by jhwnissan; 05-06-2014 at 07:05 AM.
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #592
Tech Regular

What's everyone doing with their XXX-S these days? The weather's getting nicer out.... anyone parking lot racing or rallying?
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 05-06-2014, 07:31 AM   #593
Tech Initiate

I'm sad to report that I've just retired my XXX-S, I just picked up two xray's for a really good price and couldn't pass up being able to find parts around here a lot easier. I will be posting all my XXX-S stuff for sale shortly if anyone is interested.
Grauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #594
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauwulf View Post
I'm sad to report that I've just retired my XXX-S, I just picked up two xray's for a really good price and couldn't pass up being able to find parts around here a lot easier. I will be posting all my XXX-S stuff for sale shortly if anyone is interested.
BUMMER! Hopefully someone can buy em and keep them going.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 05-06-2014, 04:55 PM   #595
Tech Adept

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwnissan View Post
What's everyone doing with their XXX-S these days? The weather's getting nicer out.... anyone parking lot racing or rallying?
Hi Josh,

I think that your belts are extremely reasonable and very strong. We have a couple of XXX-Ss running now with 3.5T Track Star motors and 5600ma lipos with NO problems. Your Kevlar reinforced belts are up to modern high powered brushless power. Hope you have your belts in stock for at least the next couple of years

Old 05-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #596
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Talking

Josh you already know which side of the fence I fall on. Somebody could start making gold plated belts tomorrow and wouldn't get my business. I've dealt with you since the start when nobody else was interested in this project,now that people see money to be made now they're interested. That said it's JHD or nothing for me as I'd rather not support people whose only interest is the almighty dollar!
Old 05-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #597
Tech Regular

Thanks guys. Really appreciate you and your hard work. There's no greater place for knowledge to make things happen or keep racing than on here.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 05-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #598
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Error404

I'm super interested in getting my XXXS back up and running.

I noticed when I put my SCT motor in it just to play with that my lipo batteries didn't fit, what modifications are needed to get them to fit?

With parts dwindling, I'd like to turn it into a drifter/street runner. What can I do to achieve this?

jhwnissan sent you a PM for price on shipping to SoCal.
Error404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
I'm super interested in getting my XXXS back up and running.

I noticed when I put my SCT motor in it just to play with that my lipo batteries didn't fit, what modifications are needed to get them to fit?

With parts dwindling, I'd like to turn it into a drifter/street runner. What can I do to achieve this?

jhwnissan sent you a PM for price on shipping to SoCal.
Bust out the dremel. You're going to have to grind a few of the ribs (whatever you call them) out for a lip to fit. Pretty simple job, maybe 10-15 minutes of work.