Old 04-03-2014, 06:29 AM   #571
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

sorry, wrong area
rctrackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #572
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For any of you guy's looking for a spur adaptor you should contact Suah at RC Planet right away. About 20 bucks (not including shipping). They have 18 of the Xenon units available. These are discontinued so get em now or miss out.
Item # X-OPT-201
rcplanet.com.my

I'd be glad to facilitate a group order so we get the best shipping rate possible. Let me know via PM if I can help. Otherwise...have at it and good luck.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 AM   #573
Tech Initiate

I have one of the opt-201 gear adapters, I have yet to use it though. Don't really chew through spur gears running VTA on carpet. lol
Grauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #574
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
For any of you guy's looking for a spur adaptor you should contact Suah at RC Planet right away. About 20 bucks (not including shipping). They have 18 of the Xenon units available. These are discontinued so get em now or miss out.
Item # X-OPT-201
rcplanet.com.my

I'd be glad to facilitate a group order so we get the best shipping rate possible. Let me know via PM if I can help. Otherwise...have at it and good luck.
PM'd, I'd like two if we can pull it off. Looks like standard shipping rates are $40.00 US for a single piece out of Malaysia !!!! The postmen are the richest people in the country or the seller is scalping everybody
Old 04-03-2014, 04:47 PM   #575
Tech Elite

Grauwolf, would you let us know if these units are any good ?? I've never used one of the Xenon units.
Thanks for the PM's guys. I just sent an email to Suah asking to get a shipping quote for 1 unit and also for all 18 in one shipment. That should give us a good idea what shipping might be like.
Like I said, I'm glad to help but please feel free to contact them directly via email if you'd like to order 1 or more on your own.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #576
Tech Elite

Steve, I actually wrote my last post about an hour ago but got sidetracked and just posted it.
Boy, I sure hope shipping isn't that much. I would've done some research if I thought it could be anything like 40 for 1 piece.
Let's see what he comes up with. I'll let you know as soon as i receive word.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #577
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Steve, I actually wrote my last post about an hour ago but got sidetracked and just posted it.
Boy, I sure hope shipping isn't that much. I would've done some research if I thought it could be anything like 40 for 1 piece.
Let's see what he comes up with. I'll let you know as soon as i receive word.
Your aces Dino
Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #578
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

If this turns into a deal where you grab them all up, and a group buy is part of the deal, then I'll probably jump in. Sold all my MF adapters when I was sure the last 5 belts in existence where being bought up and never to be seen again... but now that we have a source for aftermarket units I am kind of interested in running a triple-XS again. The car has never done me wrong.

I know a guy that does machine work for a business. i would love to get at least one adapter and bring it to him, see if some repro's can be made. Long live the X.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #579
Tech Elite

All my cars and parts are now with another racer and doing quite well from what I've seen (reference Bigfatslobs pics).
Suah sent me an email and he's getting a quote. Probably hear something within 24 hours. I've told him that slow shipping wasn't a problem. These are the last of the last as far as I know so waiting a little bit shouldn't be a big deal vs. the savings in shipping.
Right know it only looks like a couple of people are commited to getting a small number so I'm going to go on a ledge here and ask something odd.
If you have an interest in these items but don't necessarily need any for yourself or maybe you see a reasonable oppurtunity to help out some other xxxs racers ...let me know via PM if you'd be interested in investing a few bucks so we can buy all 18 units left. I know that's odd but it's the only way i can see this really being of any value. Without knowing the shipping I'm just guessing but we may be looking at a per unit cost of somewhere in the 20-22 dollar range (I hope). Assuming 20 bucks per piece we need to raise $360 bucks to buy all 18. At $22 each it's $396. Again...won't know until we get the shipping quote.
If any of you guy's are interested in pooling some money together please PM me and we'll get it done.
And NO we're not talking a profit situation here....just trying to help out some fellow xxxs runners.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:02 PM   #580
Tech Initiate

Its unlikely I'm actually going to use my adapter. I bought it figuring I was going to be messing with my gearing a lot more than I have.
Grauwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #581
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf_ekt View Post
Looks like I'd have to order from overseas regarding the link you provided, any pics of the one you have?

I had two MF adapters and sold 'em both... not sure I'll find them on ebay again. If someone made a replica I think delrin would work fine, since these cars are pretty much VTA machines nowadays. If that part became readily available again I'd probably get another XXXS, I have lots of great memories with that chassis.
Sorry for the delay nf, I only just now saw your question. Here are a couple of the spur gear adaptors. They come in anodised blue alum. and a white belt gear and come w/ an 88 tooth 48 pitch spur gear. I dyed my adaptor belt gear blue for my next project ( evoracer's original "TL" graphite chassis that was already on its way to blue ) a very blue XXX-S :

and a closer view :

Old 04-09-2014, 08:24 PM   #582
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Talking

^^That's a sweet looking car,had a XXXs all done up in blue myself. 3racing had some nice looking chrome/blue shocks that really set it off. I raced my xxxs at an actual event for the first time in more than a decade this past weekend and the old girl did pretty well...tq and a main win. Not to shabby for a relic.....and the cars old too!
Attached Thumbnails
LOSI XXX-S, Tips and Tricks, Open Mod, etc-tc-trophy.jpg  
Old 04-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Oh and don't tell me you're gonna leave that gear mesh plug in hideous yellow????
Old 04-11-2014, 07:23 AM   #584
Tech Elite

Good Morning All.
In case anybody has an interest the spur adaptors from RC Planet will cost about $8 bucks shipping whether we get 1 or all 18. Suah will ship them via registered mail packet.
Since I no longer have a xxxs I really don't need an adaptor but I'll chip in for 2 of them just to get the ball rolling. If a few of you want to get involved please let me know or if you'd rather order on your own just go to the site and order away.
I hope the info helps out a few of you. PM me if you'd like to get a group order together.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #585
Tech Elite

Bigfatslob...Hey Steve...I just noticed that post about the Fastrax adaptors. Good find !!! Did you ask how many were available ?? I knew about those years ago but Fastrack stuff was impossible to find info on. I think they made Blue versions of all the same pieces Trinity did.

Last edited by Evoracer; 04-12-2014 at 08:49 PM.