R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #361
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixzero View Post
For some reason, the previous owner of my XXX-S dremeled down the little nubs on the outside edge of the chassis. This was never an issue with my old 7cell stick, but it no longer holds a charge, and when trying out my 6cell sticks, they kept sliding and falling out of the chassis during hard turns.

I had planned on using some JB Weld to mold some new "nubs", but before I go boogering up my chassis I thought I would see if any of you ran into a similar problem and how you took care of it. I was playing around with some velcro straps, but couldn't come up with anything solid.

Any suggestions are welcome!
When everyone started using lipos the "nubs" were a problem as many of us use hard case packs. The "nubs" wouldn't allow them to sit flat on the chassis sooo....we dremeled them off. As lipos are lighter weight, I would use a piece of foam weatherstripping along the center tunnel in order to push the battery toward the outer edge of the chassis. I could still use the piece of foam from the kit to place battery forward or back. My packs are 4000mah hard case.
If your still using nimh stick packs or side x side, try using some shoo goo and make a line of it along the inside edge of the chassis. Nice and thick so the battery can't slide. Your battery strap should do the rest.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #362
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Check out the Bay for some killer deals on hard to find XXX-S parts

Hey,
Just wanted to let you guys know that there are some hard to find parts listed by Guamosells on the Bay... Really killer deals as he is selling his house and changing jobs!!!

Get em while they are hot...

Even a universal spur gear adapter!!! Really hard to find!!!
BenG477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #363
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey guys I have a xxx-s and am using it for drifting and was wondering if any of you have found any other pulleys that have fit the diffs for this car? Any help would be appreciated I am looking to overdrive the rear wheels so something smaller than the 41t pulley would be great!
Willie Mann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #364
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Belts

So is it pretty much accepted that everyone is running the longer "heavy duty" belts on these now? I would like to start making them for the community just like I do with Street Weapon rear belts. The person who gets me to correct tooth count for both the blue original belt AND the black heavy duty belt gets a free belt shipped.... worldwide. It won't be 100% like stock, but they should be darn close.

Josh
Need belts or parts? I can help.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
jhwnissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 AM   #365
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhwnissan View Post
So is it pretty much accepted that everyone is running the longer "heavy duty" belts on these now? I would like to start making them for the community just like I do with Street Weapon rear belts. The person who gets me to correct tooth count for both the blue original belt AND the black heavy duty belt gets a free belt shipped.... worldwide. It won't be 100% like stock, but they should be darn close.

Josh
did you ever figure out a belt...I just bought a xxx-s and the belts are not made any more...would like to have a spare....thanks
sutman9872 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #366
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutman9872 View Post
did you ever figure out a belt...I just bought a xxx-s and the belts are not made any more...would like to have a spare....thanks
I did not. Still open to help in making them.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 04-10-2013, 06:07 AM   #367
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I just sold my fleet of xxx-s cars to a trackmate, but I was doing some research into the belts some time ago and found that the long hd belts are 259 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 777mm pitch length. The standard belts are 250 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 750mm pitch length. I think the width of the both belts are 3mm wide.

If you're going to go so far as to the correct tooth profile, if memory serves, I believe the profile is S3M, the same profile that HPI, X-Ray and Spec-R uses.

Hope that helps you in the journey to find a more plentiful belt supply.
Ropes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 AM   #368
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropes View Post
I just sold my fleet of xxx-s cars to a trackmate, but I was doing some research into the belts some time ago and found that the long hd belts are 259 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 777mm pitch length. The standard belts are 250 tooth at 3mm pitch for a 750mm pitch length. I think the width of the both belts are 3mm wide.

If you're going to go so far as to the correct tooth profile, if memory serves, I believe the profile is S3M, the same profile that HPI, X-Ray and Spec-R uses.

Hope that helps you in the journey to find a more plentiful belt supply.
Thank you. I actually just got messaged the same thing by another person on here. It's the same style as used in the older Losi applications. I actually do not need belts for my own r/c. I'm going to create the supply. As of right now, I'm the only person in the world that sells Street and Rally Weapon rear belts. If you can't get XXX-S rear belts, I guess I'll end up being the only person in the world to supply those as well. That's why I wanted to know the exact dimensions for making them. Should have a good number of them in the next month or so. Don't throw those XXX-S cars away yet!
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 04-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #369
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Thank you. I actually just got messaged the same thing by another person on here. It's the same style as used in the older Losi applications. I actually do not need belts for my own r/c. I'm going to create the supply. As of right now, I'm the only person in the world that sells Street and Rally Weapon rear belts. If you can't get XXX-S rear belts, I guess I'll end up being the only person in the world to supply those as well. That's why I wanted to know the exact dimensions for making them. Should have a good number of them in the next month or so. Don't throw those XXX-S cars away yet!
let me know when you get some made up....I need a new one and hate to sell off my car because there are no belts made for it any more......or what is your web page to order one when you get them made up...thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #370
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutman9872 View Post
let me know when you get some made up....I need a new one and hate to sell off my car because there are no belts made for it any more......or what is your web page to order one when you get them made up...thanks
They will be posted up here but also be available on ebay for somewhere around 10 shipped in the US or 15ish outside the US. Price may go up depending on what it costs me to do them. I'd say budget for 15 per belt on average.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #371
Tech Rookie

Quote:
They will be posted up here but also be available on ebay for somewhere around 10 shipped in the US or 15ish outside the US. Price may go up depending on what it costs me to do them. I'd say budget for 15 per belt on average.
sounds good..thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #372
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default xxxs/vta

I used the trinity spur gear adapter and put a 60 spur in the car and man what room and with a 31 your right in the 3.54 gear ratio. Gonna try and race her tomorrow.

Last edited by btrukr; 04-18-2013 at 10:57 PM.
btrukr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #373
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

I definitely need some spare belts. Can't keep my whole fleet ready to run. I have a total of 6 complete cars along with enough parts to build 2 more. I just purchased a xxx4 green belt. Don't know if it will work but I'll try.
Let me know if anyone comes across some belts mainly yellow.
Thanks
cdlowe30907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #374
Tech Regular

Put in an order for 10 belts. They are the 250 tooth as the "long" belts can not be made (no tool for it). Will let you guys know with they come in! If you're interested, leave me a message here or PM me. This run is an intro run to make sure they work correctly. Price will be around 15 shipped per belt in the USA.
SWs, RWs, XX-4s, XXX-S
Old 04-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #375
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Anyone have a set up for a dirt oval? Some guys may start running on a fairly smooth dirt oval track. Trying to set up one for this with a spare Castle 7700 motor. I've been running the Castle 7700 in my speed cars with a huge pinion.
Also thinking about building a drift car out of an extra chassis. Just trying something different to use these spare cars for.
I saw a blue belt for sale.
I have several sets of aluminum cvd's. May put a set in the dirt car to see if that helps
Thanks for any help
cdlowe30907 is offline   Reply With Quote