Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We are having our last club race of the year on the sat of the nats. Big F-in deal.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
What, Horsham is holding a race the same day?!?! I'm just wondering what did The Track do to Horsham for this disrespect?
HOrsham is not holding a race the same day other then our club race on sat.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
We are having our last club race of the year on the sat of the nats. Big F-in deal.
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs
HOrsham is not holding a race the same day other then our club race on sat.
Gotcha. That makes sense. I didn't think you guys hated The Track that much.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Jeff Cuffs & L.Fairtrace, you would think since many of The Track locals support you guys from time to time that Horsham could push it's club race a few days out just so that the 2 wouldn't conflict... It's all good though, you guys rock!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Jeff Cuffs & L.Fairtrace, you would think since many of The Track locals support you guys from time to time that Horsham could push it's club race a few days out just so that the 2 wouldn't conflict... It's all good though, you guys rock!!!
Anyone who's not going to the nats (a half week affair) isn't doing so because of a half day club race at horsham.

My friend and I were planning on going to the Nats this year, but ROAR's stupid rules pertaining to what sportsman can and can't race made us decide not too, then all of the sudden the realized they needed to open up the rules, well other plans had already been made by then, so my advice for next year is get their sh1t together before the last minute. (for the record we are true sportsman racers and like the idea of the class, but I don't think that they are executing it well at all)
Old 03-17-2010, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

MikeXray, I think you missed what I was getting at. In the past when Horsham has had big races (for example, the Express Race held a few years back) the guys from The Track cancelled weekly racing and made a road trip up to Horsham to do battle (at least 15 to 20 guys). It seems now days we can't get that same love in return.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

MikeXray, I think you missed what I was getting at. In the past when Horsham has had big races (for example, the Express Race held a few years back) the guys from The Track cancelled weekly racing and made a road trip up to Horsham to do battle (at least 15 to 20 guys). It seems now days we can't get that same love in return.
Love has been returned, some of our guys went to the grand slam race. Im sorry we have bills to pay not canceling our last race date. The love you need to be asking is from roar. There no where to be found and really driving this industry into the ground..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Interesting arrangement, but I know of no other tracks that cancel weekly racing for a track that is a few hours away. There are plenty of racers that will not travel regardless of the "courtesy".
Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Larry .. Fair enough in what you have said here. I agree with some of it and some of it i do not. Maybe the right place for these concerns would be on the ROAR Forum. That way this race kept out of it.

Mike

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Mike I know we are friends and I respect you a lot but it is what it is.

I'm a paying roar member and as such I have the right to express my opinion on roar decisions no matter if I'm attending or not.

And how will my post hurt turnout. I was simply trying to bring attention to what may be a potential problem come next week. I said nothing detrimental about Mimis or this race in that post.

As a paying racer who does not get travel/expenses/entry fee paid for I have the right to express what I feel needs to be said if noone else is going to say it. This sportsman thing has nothing to do with the track and with Mimis it has to do with Roars enforcement of rules which has been iffy in the past.

What you dont know is posts like this and my previous one may have brought some issues to light and may make the race better. I know at this point its not going to hurt turnout I'm pretty sure with less than a week before the race those who are going are going and those who are not are not.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff, When are you going to start the next orginization? Last time i checked there was no people willing to stand forward and atleast try. Roar has sucked at times and been brilliant at time , but in the end it is all we have to make decisions and guidelines on everything pertaining to your hobby.. does your track use roar rules ?

Mike

Love has been returned, some of our guys went to the grand slam race. Im sorry we have bills to pay not canceling our last race date. The love you need to be asking is from roar. There no where to be found and really driving this industry into the ground..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Smyka,

I agree the entry fees are too high during these times. But we need to be civil in talking to them and see where it go's from there. Also for that matter all of the entry fee's for every major race is way out of hand. It used to be Roar's prices where the cheapest until , IIC ,Snowbirds and cleveland bumped them up. Hopefully Roar will look at this and adjust what needs to be done.

Mike
Originally Posted by smyka
i for one wish i could go to this race but having started a new job less then a year ago i have to pick and choose my races i go to but i know in CT our turn out has been more this year then in the past three for weekly club races and our trophy races have turned more then a 100 entries at everyone but our entry fee is way lower .

mike you have to agree since you have been in this hobby as long as i have some of the big race entry fees have gotten out of hand i remember national used to cost 50 buck to enter and you got either a motor or a motor and 1 set of rubber tires ..

i agree roar has to have someone at the races to be the enforcer but do we really have to bring in 3 or 4 people to due this ???
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
Jeff, When are you going to start the next orginization? Last time i checked there was no people willing to stand forward and atleast try. Roar has sucked at times and been brilliant at time , but in the end it is all we have to make decisions and guidelines on everything pertaining to your hobby.. does your track use roar rules ?

Mike
Yes we do. I agree but my problem with them is they are no where to be found when i feel they are needed the most. Mike with all the changes that happened in the industry in the last 2 to 3 years if just seems like its a free for all and no direction..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Jeff,

I agree 100% the last 2 years has been difficult. But i think that is why we need them more then ever. If they were not here i think it would be a whole lot worse. We have been here before and will be here again. I think if we go to them as racers instead of internet spammers more would get done.

Mike

Yes we do. I agree but my problem with them is they are no where to be found when i feel they are needed the most. Mike with all the changes that happened in the industry in the last 2 to 3 years if just seems like its a free for all and no direction..

Last edited by Mike Blackstock; 03-17-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Jeff, have you tried contacting them? Every time I had a question for Dawn or Ruben I got an answer in a day or two.

The folks at ROAR are in a bad situation. They have to listen to a thousand screaming voices all at once. They see something they might have an answer to and when they do something, another thousand screaming voices come out of no where.

Another problem is how things get out of hand quickly, like the supposed "decal" rule. People on RC Tech made their own conclusions and went crazy, when the rule as printed said nothing of what was posted here.

Things are changing in the hobby much faster than ROAR can react. No one had any clue about the Black Diamond speed controls before they were debuted at the Vegas race. And what was the first thing posted on RC Tech: "What's ROAR gonna do about it?!"

It's an impossible situation made worse by a handful of attitudes and egos. If racers really want ROAR to be able to do all these things, then racers need to start supporting ROAR. Constant bickering will not solve anything.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Jim,

Very well said.

I know it (ROAR) is not perfect but it is all we have. So we must get behind them and try and make things better.

Mike

(
Originally Posted by jiml
Jeff, have you tried contacting them? Every time I had a question for Dawn or Ruben I got an answer in a day or two.

The folks at ROAR are in a bad situation. They have to listen to a thousand screaming voices all at once. They see something they might have an answer to and when they do something, another thousand screaming voices come out of no where.

Another problem is how things get out of hand quickly, like the supposed "decal" rule. People on RC Tech made their own conclusions and went crazy, when the rule as printed said nothing of what was posted here.

Things are changing in the hobby much faster than ROAR can react. No one had any clue about the Black Diamond speed controls before they were debuted at the Vegas race. And what was the first thing posted on RC Tech: "What's ROAR gonna do about it?!"

It's an impossible situation made worse by a handful of attitudes and egos. If racers really want ROAR to be able to do all these things, then racers need to start supporting ROAR. Constant bickering will not solve anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.