2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Last edited by ~McSmooth~; 10-25-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcscoot25
I'm sorry one more thing rubber tires are on my real car to get me to a carpet track to run foam. I'm sorry again rubber 17.5 is too slow for me....
There are 13.5 and Mod classes if you want to go faster.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

k_bojar just to clear the air yes i am a roar member and i was responding to the post above mine and yes i do have a rubber tc, foam tc, 1/12th scale. dont really care what the rest of the world runs, some act like if foam tc is offered at a big race its the end of the world or something. 1/12th scale almost died out and its coming back its a cycle. halloween classic imo is the best race every, great staff everything and even the cry babies cant find much to complain about.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can't wait to get there. missed the GSNE series so I get to finally run at MIMI's which I have heard great things about so many times over the years.

Originally Posted by artwork
I am not sure why you guys hate rubber tire racing so much....
because I like my TC to handle like my 12th scale. and not push and spin out at the slight, ok ok maybe not slight, overdriving I do. it's easier to make a bad handling car get around the track with foam then it is with rubber.

I'm just glad I can still run my tc car at this race in 13.5 foam with the same driving style I run my 12th scale this year. while Rubber you have to, and I know you will agree with me on this, have a different driving style then 12th scale. using brakes in 12th scale is not driving fast. and when I can beat a good 13.5 rubber driver with my 17.5 foam car by 1/2 a second a lap it's all in the corner speed which as far as I'm concerned is more thrilling. it's just a different style of driving and traction loss is not fun to race with.

Originally Posted by seaball
it's a turbulent period in on-road right now. we'll get through it, but it has to start with support for good tracks,
truer words never said.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I used to like foam tires til I started to run rubber. I don't have to worry about trueing tires. I get 2 months racing every weekend out of a set of rubber tires compared to 1 race day on a set of foams. I couldn't afford to buy a set of foams everytime I race. But anyway I am really glad to see this race is being held at a wonderful track. I was there last year for the NEGS, excellent staff. I hope I get the chance to go.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
because I like my TC to handle like my 12th scale. and not push and spin out at the slight, ok ok maybe not slight, overdriving I do.
So you don't know how to setup a rubber sedan then?
Old 12-15-2009, 04:25 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

honestly, just show up and race.

i actually did micro touring for a 1.5yrs. all foam, and that was fine. tire bill was present but comes with the territory.

dont wanna sound too 'nascar', but 'gimme 4' and lets race.

to be completely honest onroad folks shouldnt be so up in arms over this. ever see the tire tubs offroad guys show up with? its the same tub their wives are lookin for right now thinking its still full of gift wrapping paper ha.

R
Old 12-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Im sorry if you guys thought I was bashing rubber tires I wasn't, I'm just tired of hearing that foam tires are a thing of the past. I just got back into racing after 3 years off, I spent a lot of money and I am very disapointed. Our local track won't run rubber tires ( his choice ). And as far as the tires I bought 3 sets of the spec JACO foam tires 2 weeks before the haloween classic, and I am still running them.

PS: Thanks McSmooth for standing up for us ( foam racers )
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i'm excited to get back out to gaithersberg for the nats. having just run leg-2 of the NEGS out there this weekend, i can say that the energy at The Track is awesome. a-mains, lower mains, doesn't matter. there's always 40 guys lined up on the back straight cheering everyone on. and that's how it's supposed to be ...

we can sit here and complain/argue about how far from ideal the various elements of the race may be for you. (which will be the case at ANY venue, in ANY class, etc, etc) but making the needed compromises to get out to this race will scarcely be regretted. (this, coming from a guy who's run only foam for the last 6 years). sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

it's a turbulent period in on-road right now. we'll get through it, but it has to start with support for good tracks, and dedicated people. come on out and meet mimi's crew. racing out there is what it always was ... good guys, good food, a good track, and enough hijynx to keep everyone entertained in between heats.

- george claremont -
^^^THIS^^^
Old 12-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i'm excited to get back out to gaithersberg for the nats. having just run leg-2 of the NEGS out there this weekend, i can say that the energy at The Track is awesome. a-mains, lower mains, doesn't matter. there's always 40 guys lined up on the back straight cheering everyone on. and that's how it's supposed to be ...
Thanks for that Seaball. Even on a slow weekend it's like that.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
Any idea when the entry form will be available for this race?

Looking forward to it!

Thanks
Entry forms will be available and online registration will open 90 days prior to the race at www.roarracing.com
Old 01-13-2010, 02:03 PM
AE-Reedy

Originally Posted by schurcr
Entry forms will be available and online registration will open 90 days prior to the race at www.roarracing.com
We are inside the 90 days......?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Is there a list of the official classes?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Apex
Re-post from other thread...

Here are the classes....

17.5 Sportsman Stock Touring Car (rubber tire)
13.5 Expert Super Stock Touring Car (rubber tire)
Open Modified Touring Car (rubber tire)

17.5 Sportsman Stock 1/12
13.5 Expert Super Stock 1/12
Open Modified 1/12

13.5 Expert Super Stock Touring Car (foam tire)
13.5 Expert Super Stock World GT
I don't think anything has changed. I'm sure someone from ROAR will speak up if it has.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default racing surface

Can anyone let me know what to expect at MIMI's? I have never been there and I am trying to decide if I should by plane tickets to go. I only race 1/12th and WGT, but I hear rumors of the track being a little rough to where 1/12th does not work very well, I would hate to spend the cash if the 1/12th turnout is low! Is there any plans of smoothing the track some?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.