Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD >

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

2010 ROAR Electric OnRoad Carpet Nationals @ The Track - Gaithersburg, MD

Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

cant wait 13.5 foam sedan and 1/12th scale for me.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

All I can say is " rubber is for asphalt and foam is for carpet" and it shoulded be mixed
Old 12-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm sorry one more thing rubber tires are on my real car to get me to a carpet track to run foam. I'm sorry again rubber 17.5 is too slow for me....
Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losithrasher
prolly skipping this one.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscoot25
All I can say is " rubber is for asphalt and foam is for carpet" and it shoulded be mixed
I'm sure there's still like 5 guys left in the country that agree with you. You could almost fill up a whole heat.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
why?
cause hes a CHUCK!!!.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Master

didnt see rubber filling up many sheets at cleveland. last i checked the onroad seen was hurting all together and that includes everthing. but i have to say if you give use the carpet arenas the japs run on im down with some rubber, but these small tracks we run rubber tire on is not much fun imo anyway. i really enjoy running 1/12th scale but you can go through some tires but i hear no compaints about that so why hate on foam sedan? and rubber tire sedan is no cheaper so...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rosko
didnt see rubber filling up many sheets at cleveland. last i checked the onroad seen was hurting all together and that includes everthing. but i have to say if you give use the carpet arenas the japs run on im down with some rubber, but these small tracks we run rubber tire on is not much fun imo anyway. i really enjoy running 1/12th scale but you can go through some tires but i hear no compaints about that so why hate on foam sedan? and rubber tire sedan is no cheaper so...
I believe the hate was brought on rubber sedan.. Respect is kind of a two way street
Old 12-14-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcscoot25
I'm sorry one more thing rubber tires are on my real car to get me to a carpet track to run foam. I'm sorry again rubber 17.5 is too slow for me....
AMEN BROTHER!!!!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
i don't even understand what you are saying

if you don't like it - don't come run the Nationals and keep the comments to yourself...you ain't doing anything other then asking the Mods to close the thread

as it was mentioned earlier - the Track didn't make the rules, ROAR did...If you don't like it - complain to ROAR, unless of course you aren't a member
Old 12-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

For years, the rubber tire fans complained about getting a class or two at big events. They would trash foam tire racing whenever they got the chance.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and they don't like it very much.

You reap what you sow, guys.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:04 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

and who says 17.5 rubber is slow..have you seen a big event with 17.5s?? they are not very slow anymore...lol..i love to race both but rubber tire is defanately taking over right now...iwill say that with the jaco tires in rubber, you can get 20 plus runs on them..
Old 12-15-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Any idea when the entry form will be available for this race?

Looking forward to it!

Thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up the track

i'm excited to get back out to gaithersberg for the nats. having just run leg-2 of the NEGS out there this weekend, i can say that the energy at The Track is awesome. a-mains, lower mains, doesn't matter. there's always 40 guys lined up on the back straight cheering everyone on. and that's how it's supposed to be ...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

we can sit here and complain/argue about how far from ideal the various elements of the race may be for you. (which will be the case at ANY venue, in ANY class, etc, etc) but making the needed compromises to get out to this race will scarcely be regretted. (this, coming from a guy who's run only foam for the last 6 years). sometimes you have to give a little to get a little.

it's a turbulent period in on-road right now. we'll get through it, but it has to start with support for good tracks, and dedicated people. come on out and meet mimi's crew. racing out there is what it always was ... good guys, good food, a good track, and enough hijynx to keep everyone entertained in between heats.

- george claremont -
Old 12-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
For years, the rubber tire fans complained about getting a class or two at big events. They would trash foam tire racing whenever they got the chance.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and they don't like it very much.

You reap what you sow, guys.
How exactly is the shoe on the other foot?

I know you do not care, but your comments do not support the numbers seen at a couple of the big races that actually embrace rubber tire racing in the US, not to mention that they run very little foam tire in Europe and Asia. There were three rubber tire classes and seven foam tire classes two of which were foam sedan at IIC this year. Three classes of rubber tire had ~205 entires and seven classes of foam had ~170 entires. The race formally known as the Novak race is also very supportive of the rubber tire movement. Snow birds this year will have a good rubber tire selection of classes voted on by the members of various online communities. Rubber tire racing is here to stay.

I am not sure why you guys hate rubber tire racing so much...but it really gets old. In these tough times we should be doing whatever we can to get people into on-road instead of pissing on everyone's forehead that might have a different way of getting people involved. Simply, if you do not like the class don't run the class. I think that it is great that you guys hate rubber tire so much...but please just keep it to yourself.

All of our tweaking and truing and car prepping and $1,000 speed controls is quickly being replaced by RTR slashes and SC10's. Soon there will only be one carpet track in the US that runs once a month the rest of the time will be spent hosting scrabble tournaments.

If you want to exclude certain types of racing then go crazy but you are only hurting the entire racing scene in general. All we are really doing is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. Unless we all get together and figure out how to make on-road appealing to everyone we will continue to see lower turnouts on the local and national stage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.