Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Was offered a RC10T3 Stadium Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Was offered a RC10T3 Stadium Truck

Can get truck,Python Jr,3 batteries(one 2400 Sanyo) and charger. For $135 shipped. But I see its been discontinued. Heres the thing if I break something how hard is it gonna be to find on forums? Can parts still be bought new from towerhobbies?

It comes with a Dynamite Power Pules. So its old electrics in it. Also can slipper clutches be bought for it and are they fast?

This will be my first RC
Old 02-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

the kits are discontinued, but the parts are still avalable. Any hobby shop that sells associated kits and parts should have them
Old 02-20-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok Associated does an excellent job of prodi\ucing parts for discontinued kits. It's been almost 10 years since the origional Gold tub RC10 came out and they still have parts for it. Also with so many people dumping the old for the new you can keep an eye on the swap and sell boards, a T3 rolling chassis (no electrics) can be had for as little as $30-$50 which could serve as spares for some time....

The truck should have a slipper clutch already, unless it has been modified to run something like dirt oval or on-road/carpet. in which case unless you are planning on continuing to run on that surface you may want to concider something else (especially dirt oval, because there may be other modificatiopns that will make the truck less than appealing for off-road.

Here is my suggestion, look at yourself and see what you really want to do with the truck, Just play, mild racing, or serious competition. For paly the truck will be just fine. If you plan on racing then you need to think out your plan.... if you just wanna race for fun and not get too serious the truck may be what you want, if you plan on racing seriously within the next year or so you may just want to save up and get a newer truck with more raceworthy electrics....

Next ask for pics of the truck itself, one or two pics of the top of the chassis will suffice, look for anything that might spell problems like gobs of glue, bolts that just don't "feel right", hand made chassis parts, ect.

the important things to look for in picks are on the bottom of the chassis (suspension components) and the gearbox. Don't worry yourself with scrapes or scratches in the tub, mainly gouges, excessive sraped on the suspension arms or arms that don't look semetrical are signs of abuse and damage. Agian if something doesn't feel right then don't go for it, there will always be other smokin' deals to come along...

Also automaitcally assume that every bearing need replaced and if you not possibly willing to fork out another $20-30 for a bearing kit then you may want to pass also......

Good luck, used cars can be the most rewarding experience and the best way to get into RC!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Heres some pics of it. If I got it I will def be getting a new body. Do you all think it would be fast? He said it has a Reedy DS motor but not sure on what T it is. BTW this will be just for play and maybe some play racing if some friends decide to get one later. But 95% play/little bashing. But do you all think its a good deal or should I continue to look around. I am kind of on a budget though(right now). Just need something to get me started.