Wiki Posts
Search

tekin rs and rs pro.. what differences to performance

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? tekin rs and rs pro.. what differences to performance

Does anyone have an answer for this?
If you ran a say 13.5 t brushless with a lrp 5300 mah 40 C lipo with a tekin rs esc, and then say if it were possible to run the exact same car but with a tekin rs pro esc, would there be any noticeable differences in performance and if so, what?
In other words is it worth upgrading to the premier esc if i am currently running both 13.5 T and 17.5 T with an rs.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolver
If you ran a say 13.5 t brushless with a lrp 5300 mah 40 C lipo with a tekin rs esc, and then say if it were possible to run the exact same car but with a tekin rs pro esc, would there be any noticeable differences in performance and if so, what?
In other words is it worth upgrading to the premier esc if i am currently running both 13.5 T and 17.5 T with an rs.
You wouldn't notice even a fraction of an inch of difference in how soon you cross the finish line.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

The RS is for stock racing. The RS Pro is for mod racing. If you used the RS Pro on your 17.5, you would notice no difference. 13.5 and 10.5 is considered super stock, so I'm not sure where it falls in the two ESCs. But the RS Pro will run any motor in the spectrum.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolver
The resistance is lower on the pro and no you wouldn't notice that as far as the performance in your car.

Rod
Old 10-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

I have both the only difference i can see is you can't run anything lower than a 5.5 on the rs.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has anyone actually tried running a mod motor with the standard RS? I know that on paper it supposdely can as long as the motor being used is a higher wind than 5 turn but I am curious whether it can continuously withstand the stress of running, say, a 5.5t motor without burning itself up. My local track might start up a mod class next season and I'm thinking about running it but I only have the standard RS.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run an RS Pro in my sedan and an RS in my 1:12. If you're running outdoor sedan I personally wouldn't push the RS past Super Stock. 1:12 your fine with whatever.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

The difference is more theroy than anything else. Yes the Pro is "therotically" faster (ever so slightly) with spec but it is higherly unlikely it will ever win or lose a race for you due to the difference. If you run anything more than a spec motor or can afford the Pro then get it, otherwise the Standard RS will do the job fine.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
The difference is more theroy than anything else. Yes the Pro is "therotically" faster (ever so slightly) with spec but it is higherly unlikely it will ever win or lose a race for you due to the difference. If you run anything more than a spec motor or can afford the Pro then get it, otherwise the Standard RS will do the job fine.
I dissagree. It has microscopically betteer internal resistance, which would be outweighed by the fact that it is slightly heavier, and slightly raises your center of gravity.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
I dissagree. It has microscopically betteer internal resistance, which would be outweighed by the fact that it is slightly heavier, and slightly raises your center of gravity.
Now you are being anal for lack of a better word. There is zero difference in performance in the 2 except with the Pro you can run virtually any motor. If you plan on running 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5 the majority of the time. The regular RS will be fine. Use the difference in money to buy something else you might need like tires. If you plan to run open mod then get the Pro. Its that simple!
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah,
And make sure all three wires going to the motor are all the same length +/- .0156 or you will be soooo slooooowwww

sorry.....
Old 10-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Gitsum
Now you are being anal for lack of a better word. There is zero difference in performance in the 2 except with the Pro you can run virtually any motor. If you plan on running 17.5, 13.5, and 10.5 the majority of the time. The regular RS will be fine. Use the difference in money to buy something else you might need like tires. If you plan to run open mod then get the Pro. Its that simple!
oh I agree 100%. I was just saying that if people want to nit-pick that the pro has a microscopically lower intanal resistance, so it would technically be faster, I would disagree because I don't think it would benefit you over the weight and CG difference.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Thats why we use weights and balance our cars.

oh I agree 100%. I was just saying that if people want to nit-pick that the pro has a microscopically lower intanal resistance, so it would technically be faster, I would disagree because I don't think it would benefit you over the weight and CG difference.
I believe I did mention that in reality (for spec racing) it wouldn't help you out.

I am not nit picking I am just telling it like it is. In the end only a small number of drivers would even be able to get any real advantage from such a small difference, but given the choice if the cost is not a problem I will always buy something that has more potential. Isn't this the reason why we all buy top end graphite kits, try to run fresh tyres, the latest packs? We all want to try and have the best gear we can afford and justify.

I didn't think it was worth mentioning this but why not. My No.1 reason for buying the bigger brother of any speedy is life span. I have raced for enough years to know that ESC's loose performance over time in realtion to how hard they are pushed. You 0.00001sec per lap advantage with the RS PRO might change to 0.01 after a few months of heat cycles. Yes I'm sure there are people who will say "its still runs fine" but try putting a brand new ESC in your car with the same settings and compare. You will be amazed by the difference. Novak GTX was especially suseptable to losing punch in this manner. Before you try flamming me, give it a go.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Again you guys are complicating things. The question simply was is there a advantage from running a RS over a Pro for 17.5 and 13.5.
The answer is NO! This is the exact reason new people get frustrated with onroad and quit. As someone else post Keep It Simple. You are throwing way to much info towards someone starting out. Every question has a simple answer and a more complex answer for a solution. No need to make it harder then what it is. To the original Poster your answer is NO. Personally save your $$$ and use the difference for other items you might need.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

They are exactly the same except that the RS has 24 fets and the Pro has 48. You will never be able to see any difference in stock or super stock class.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.