Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys,
Im having a issue with my new kinetic/ballistic system

I received it today and installed it, when i have come to set it up i get the green solid light for full throttle, flashing green light for full brake, when i put it into neutral it doesnt goto solid red but starts flashing all of the 5 led's.

If i try to turn it on and use the throttle nothing happens but i still have steering

Also my nova link wont connect when i plug it in, screen says esc dissconected

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Ben
Old 02-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben Putt
Hi guys,
Im having a issue with my new kinetic/ballistic system

I received it today and installed it, when i have come to set it up i get the green solid light for full throttle, flashing green light for full brake, when i put it into neutral it doesnt goto solid red but starts flashing all of the 5 led's.

If i try to turn it on and use the throttle nothing happens but i still have steering

Also my nova link wont connect when i plug it in, screen says esc dissconected

Any ideas would be appreciated
Thanks
Ben
If you flashed your NovaLink with the most recent download 1.42 you will have to do a kinetic firmware upgrade from the upper right hand bar on the NovaLink. Also make sure you have outloada.rdd 1.42 as the only file in your Novalink folder. I guess the main thing is you have to have everything of one version, it is not forward or backward compatible.

Also fire up the connection tester, but beware that, even if successful, the version will appear as 1.4 and not 1.4.1 or 1.42.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey,
Ive managed to solve the issue, it was a mistake on my behalf putting 1.3 onto my speedo and not updating my nova link to 1.3.

The speedo is working fine now, thats for your advice
Ben
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

NovakTwo

How do i change RPM Limit, like old novak Do?
Old 02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Here are the settings that I ran at the Birds.

Applied Timing 52'
Start point 5,500
Finish point 14,000
Boost On @ 300 ms.
Motor timeing @ 30
FDR @5.5
Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dustin and I battled at 'Birds in our main, him with the Novak/Novak and me with the Tekin/D3. If there was a difference in power anywhere on the track, I didn't see it. I only won because I'm a much better driver.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a slight issue goign from 1.3 to 1.4 with my link. It decided to take a dump during the process.

Charlie had a new one in my hands within a few days. Superior service, as always.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Dustin and I battled at 'Birds in our main, him with the Novak/Novak and me with the Tekin/D3. If there was a difference in power anywhere on the track, I didn't see it. I only won because I'm a much better driver.
LOL in that race I agree.. You remembered to turn laf.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have it on good authority that Dustin will be testing his Novak stuff for 48 straight hours on a "normal" size track in mid-April. I imagine he'll come away with a lot of new info. Novak should send someone along to help him out. Rossi will be busy doing something else, like 1/8 worlds or some nonsense.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I have it on good authority that Dustin will be testing his Novak stuff for 48 straight hours on a "normal" size track in mid-April. I imagine he'll come away with a lot of new info. Novak should send someone along to help him out. Rossi will be busy doing something else, like 1/8 worlds or some nonsense.
I vote for Charlie!!! lol
Old 02-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,
A few monthes ago , the update to v1.3 went smoothly on my Kinetic
But Today, update to v1.4.2 was quite erratic

Launching the FW updater, asking to plug the ESC, and then plugging the ESC, no change in message.
Hitting the "update" button, no action.
After trying to plug-unplug the ESC a numerous number of times, it finally started to upload the FW up to 100% - with all LEDs turned OFF
Only the USB adapter was blinking

I wondered if it did actually flash - and it seems indeed, as the GUI can now read out the ESC settings. I performed the 1 button settings of the ESC, and the car runs smoothly.

I think that , over 6 monthes after product launch, we could expect a more reliable software
Old 02-14-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicov
Hello,
A few monthes ago , the update to v1.3 went smoothly on my Kinetic
But Today, update to v1.4.2 was quite erratic

Launching the FW updater, asking to plug the ESC, and then plugging the ESC, no change in message.
Hitting the "update" button, no action.
After trying to plug-unplug the ESC a numerous number of times, it finally started to upload the FW up to 100% - with all LEDs turned OFF
Only the USB adapter was blinking

I wondered if it did actually flash - and it seems indeed, as the GUI can now read out the ESC settings. I performed the 1 button settings of the ESC, and the car runs smoothly.

I think that , over 6 monthes after product launch, we could expect a more reliable software
Novak is on their final stages of releasing a much easier install package. That should help you out.

You will like the 1.42 once you start to use it though.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

putting a car together for 21.5 at carpet nats, wondering if a 1s kenetic will work with 2s input, not worried about having to run a rcvr pack as the min weight for this class 1450 so that just means less lead.

I see Novak has stepped up as a sponsor for this class and it would be cool to run thier stuff
Old 02-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

SKY- ESC is the same, so you'll just have to sort out the switch/rx battery wiring. If you use an RX pack, you can leave it alone. If you don't want to, simply connect the switch like normal (2S) and remove the extra RX Battery Plug on the ESC.

Note to all: DO NOT MAX OUT YOUR THROTTLE TRAVEL. Don't set your radio/controller/transmitter throttle channel to anything above 100% when you're setting up.

My email address is [email protected] email me anytime with NovaLink and Kinetic questions.

Having problems? Here are my top common solvers.

Firmware is not actually in the NovaLink Folder. When you download the NovaLink, it "Does not" include the ESC Firmware. So that is a second downloand that must be done.

Having an older ESC and connecting to the newer Novalink. Doesn't work. The firwmare must be compatible with the NovaLink Software.

After I update, it doesn't work. After you complete the firmware update, the next step is to execute the ESC's "One Touch Setup". THEN, you're ready to use.

Some users have reported the NovaLink doesn't "take the changes". After you type in any digits to boxes, you should "press enter", this seems to resolve the issue.

Finally, turn off your anti virus, and make sure you're logged in as the Administrator of your PC.

If you have an ESC that did not come with Version 1.4 pre installed, Please Email Me Directly with your basic contact information and your ESC serial number. [email protected]

Thank You For Your Time
Charlie
[email protected]
Old 02-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
If you flashed your NovaLink with the most recent download 1.42 you will have to do a kinetic firmware upgrade from the upper right hand bar on the NovaLink. Also make sure you have outloada.rdd 1.42 as the only file in your Novalink folder. I guess the main thing is you have to have everything of one version, it is not forward or backward compatible.

Also fire up the connection tester, but beware that, even if successful, the version will appear as 1.4 and not 1.4.1 or 1.42.
How do you flash the novalink to 1.4.2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.