Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBM Racing
Where did you find the V1.4 firmware?
Just followed the link
Old 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rocketron
Just followed the link
Cannot see the V1.4 Firmware on the Novak Website, can you email it to me?

Should be a small file.
C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\NovaLink2. The name of the file 'outload' + <version letter> + <2 digit version number> +.rdd

[email protected]

Last edited by JBM Racing; 01-07-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rocketron
Just followed the link
There is no firmware, unless you downloaded the 1s 1.4 beta. I have looked and its not at the link.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by macdude
There is no firmware, unless you downloaded the 1s 1.4 beta. I have looked and its not at the link.
Also noted that it appears the 1.4beta firmware does not work either. It will upload to the controller, but it will not connect in the software.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok, I have downloaded both the following files:
NovaLink_Full_1.4.zip
NovaLink_Software_1.4.zip
Neither installation package has the Firmware file inside.

Great release Novak!!! try again.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not to complain too much but when will the software be a smooth process. I mean I just had to update my castle software. Exactly 3 steps. Download, Install, Plug in. Offers to update your firmware or not either way the software still works with the current version of the firmware. Please copy, clone, or whatever you need to do to make your software that easy.

On a side note the interface is ..... well you are going the route of Tekin over the top. Please tone it down. Or make it copy the system look and feel. candy buttons on windows just look cheesy. I use a mac all day at work and if you where making a program for mac or windows it does no good to have weird multi colored buttons. Some blue, some yellow, some are still the system grey color. And at the end of the day no one cares how it looks. Functional is what is needed. To be honest the way it looked before was better.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JBM Racing
Cannot see the V1.4 Firmware on the Novak Website, can you email it to me?

Should be a small file.
C:\Program Files\Novak Electronics\NovaLink2. The name of the file 'outload' + <version letter> + <2 digit version number> +.rdd

[email protected]
firmware is included in the 1.4 full zip file
Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GLOWHEAD
The parameters indicated in the error message, Start RPM, End RPM, Boost Rate, Applied Timing and Turbo Mode are not listed as any of the parameters that I can see in the software. Where are they? Or are they the parameters listed on the advanced tab under different names? If they were out of range, I don't know where to alter the values. I'm not having that error message anymore, but it still begs the question, where are they?

How long does it take to update the settings? The blue circle just keeps going round and round. 15 min or so at this point. It never finishes updating.

I've got a 64bit Vista laptop that won't run the software, and an XP workstation that will update the firmware but doesn't seem to want to update the settings. I guess I'm screwed on both machines. 32bit app's are supposed to run on 64bit Vista, says MS, but Novaks site says 32bit only. I get Unhandled Exception errors when I try and do anything in the software. The program will open, I just can't do anything with it.
Funny... i'm in the same boat. Tried speaking with TekSupport and they keep telling me to reboot, turn off anti-virus etc, but nothing works. Kind of a pain to get the K2s dialed-in w/o the computer?
Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ed517
I have also downloaded the full zip and there is no firmware that I can find, either in the zip file itself or in the files extracted once installed, so I'm now also in the same boat as JBM i.e. I now cannot access my ESC.

Please post firmware to the firmware page...
Old 01-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ed517
It's not. I have uninstalled everything a couple of times and the outload1.4 file is not there. If it was included in the package installer, then something else is happening.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

How about you just post a link to the firmware.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seriously, if you have the correct firmware in your novalink folder after installing the 1.4 software please post it on here or send it to me and I will post it. I am not mad as I don't have the controller in anything right now. But it is a little frustrating that the package installer did not include it.

On a side note if you happen to have an older version of the firmware before you install then that will still install via the firmware updater in 1.4. So the software does not check to see even if you have the correct version of the firmware before offering to update it.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This sucks:

"Could not find any recognizable digits."
"Input string was not in a correct format."
"Error reading speed controller information. Please press the connect button to re-connect."

Where's the 1.4 firmware?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.