Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak Kinetic

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AdminD
Kinetic had abilities not just Timing advance but also Dynamic advance.

NovakTwo you said that Novak Kinetic will also had no Sensorless Brushless Mode ? This will also reduce Novak Kinetic abilities.
buy a different speedy, its that easy...
Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gameover
buy a different speedy, its that easy...
Post of the day!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by corallyman
NovakTwo,

Not sure if this has been answered yet but will the new speed controller have a lower profile version too. It's pretty cramped in there under a 1/12th scale body.

I am thinking of a low profile heatsink or something like the 4cell GTB that just had the flat plate on it.

Thanks,
Steve
As you can see in the Kinetic photo, the new HS is designed so that the fan will sit lower than in earlier escs. We are planning a low profile HS or a plate, similar to the GTB plate. I'll check to see what's going on with it.

FWIW, our existing cooling plate fits not only the GTBS, but also all of our Havocs.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
Exactly that's what happen here with team NOVAK.
So much for sarcasm.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yeah, really, you just can't please this guy.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Company Representative

I hear that quite a few people are suffering from irony deficiency.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Of those of you forum members posting in this thread: who still wants to use Racing escs regularly with brush motors? Our Havoc Sport/Spec controllers---Havoc 1S, Havoc 2S and Havoc 3S----still offer a brush mode.

And our BL Goat 2S and 3S for Crawling have the brush mode. We no longer even manufacture brush-only racing controllers, although we still offer new reversible escs, such as our M2 Dig Dual Brush controller.

As I understand the situation, there is only so much capacity in the microprocessor; therefore, our designers have decided to commit this to expanding brushless features. We will update the Kinetic copy on our web-site to reflect this decision.

here is the deal humans, and non-humans....

if you have a real job, and currently use brushed motors, then you probably still use a VCR, and im guessing you still love your old rotary phone.

put down that old 2 foot tall cell phone, and get with the times, times change, and so do things.

the brushless technology has been around for years, it has finally been incorporated into r/c, and im so glad to see that. brushes were nothing but problems as they always had wear issues, and connection issues.

2.4ghz is awesome too, ANOTHER great advancement into r/c, just like the lithium batteries.

nicad is a done deal, as is nimh.......

i run a maintenance shop, and all the machinery that we run that was built in the 60's have old 115vac brushed motors. i still have to spend the hour or so to change them every few months and it keeps the machine down for too long. all the '85 and above equipment have brushless 480vac motors, and they run without problems for years on end.

so go ahead and do your little math, then get back to me.

brushless, 2.4ghz, and lipo all made this hobby 100% better and more enjoyable.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

i had a novak i think it was a 410? MXC back in the early 90's, and it ran awesome, but now that brushless is here to stay, all brushed stuff is just ancient artifacts.

i do not understand why they even put the option on my gtb to use a brushed motor.

at what point in time will i switch from brushless to brushed, and to what advantage.

glad to see brushed go bye bye!!!!

keep up the good work novak!!!!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Balistic motor is awesome this weekend. Damn this motor with Mamba Max Pro combo is untouchable. Just sucks I use a new setup on my TC which didn't really work for me. Now I just need to get my car dialed in. Two thumbs up to NOVAK for an awesome motor.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
Yeah, its no Lamborgini.
Attached Thumbnails Novak Kinetic-lm5_center.jpg  
Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cammer
Yeah, its no Lamborgini.
Touché, my friend.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can't imagine why people would want these expensive motor controllers to do brushed either.

If I still raced a brushed motor (and I do), I would get one of the many many ultra tiny lightweight options available on the market today (at much cheaper prices). No reason to bother with hulky brushless ESCs. I've purchased a few KO Propo VFS-1 ESCs for under $80 brand new. It has all the features you could ever want in a brushed motor controller.

BTW: My CO27s still out motor 17.5's w/ SPX stock-spec ESCs down the straight. Too bad I'm a terrible driver and don't know how to setup my car.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novak Kinetic Brushless and Brushed Mode

Originally Posted by comedyman809
here is the deal humans, and non-humans....

if you have a real job, and currently use brushed motors, then you probably still use a VCR, and im guessing you still love your old rotary phone.

put down that old 2 foot tall cell phone, and get with the times, times change, and so do things.

the brushless technology has been around for years, it has finally been incorporated into r/c, and im so glad to see that. brushes were nothing but problems as they always had wear issues, and connection issues.

2.4ghz is awesome too, ANOTHER great advancement into r/c, just like the lithium batteries.

nicad is a done deal, as is nimh.......

i run a maintenance shop, and all the machinery that we run that was built in the 60's have old 115vac brushed motors. i still have to spend the hour or so to change them every few months and it keeps the machine down for too long. all the '85 and above equipment have brushless 480vac motors, and they run without problems for years on end.

so go ahead and do your little math, then get back to me.

brushless, 2.4ghz, and lipo all made this hobby 100% better and more enjoyable.
Originally Posted by comedyman809
i had a novak i think it was a 410? MXC back in the early 90's, and it ran awesome, but now that brushless is here to stay, all brushed stuff is just ancient artifacts.

i do not understand why they even put the option on my gtb to use a brushed motor.

at what point in time will i switch from brushless to brushed, and to what advantage.

glad to see brushed go bye bye!!!!

keep up the good work novak!!!!
Originally Posted by 94eg!
I can't imagine why people would want these expensive motor controllers to do brushed either.

If I still raced a brushed motor (and I do), I would get one of the many many ultra tiny lightweight options available on the market today (at much cheaper prices). No reason to bother with hulky brushless ESCs. I've purchased a few KO Propo VFS-1 ESCs for under $80 brand new. It has all the features you could ever want in a brushed motor controller.

BTW: My CO27s still out motor 17.5's w/ SPX stock-spec ESCs down the straight. Too bad I'm a terrible driver and don't know how to setup my car.

it's like why people still like the inefficiency old mustang with 170 cu in (2.8 L) of engines in it when ford already made new version mustang with more efficiency ?

why are you running scaled car's and still using old bodies that factory dont want it to produce anymore ?

why are you still want's to spent more $80 KO Propo VFS-1 ESCs Brushed only ?

When You can GET NOVAK Kinetic ( Brushless and Brushed ) Mode capability
at the same price. with no loose of efficiency and Performance, for the Brushless it self.

it's like you have Bonus Brushed mode inside of it.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

it's like why people still like the inefficiency old mustang with 170 cu in (2.8 L) of engines in it when ford already made new version mustang with more efficiency ?

why are you running scaled car's and still using old bodies that factory dont want it to produce anymore ?

why are you still want's to spent more $80 KO Propo VFS-1 ESCs Brushed only ?

When You can GET NOVAK Kinetic ( Brushless and Brushed ) Mode capability
at the same price. with no loose of efficiency and Performance, for the Brushless it self.

it's like you have Bonus Brushed mode inside of it.
At some point a real screwdriver works better than a swiss army knife.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.