Novak Kinetic

Old 11-21-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I don't see the big deal, the main new things that the Kinetic is bringing to the table are the dynamic timing/boost/etc, which are all things only used on brushless systems anyways. I don't see anything that the Kinetic would have been able to do that the older ESC's could in terms of brushed operation. And I personally have no need for it to be brushed anyways, old technology.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:35 AM
Company Representative

Of those of you forum members posting in this thread: who still wants to use Racing escs regularly with brush motors? Our Havoc Sport/Spec controllers---Havoc 1S, Havoc 2S and Havoc 3S----still offer a brush mode.

And our BL Goat 2S and 3S for Crawling have the brush mode. We no longer even manufacture brush-only racing controllers, although we still offer new reversible escs, such as our M2 Dig Dual Brush controller.

As I understand the situation, there is only so much capacity in the microprocessor; therefore, our designers have decided to commit this to expanding brushless features. We will update the Kinetic copy on our web-site to reflect this decision.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default KINETIC Brushed Mode Nova Link

Originally Posted by NovakTwo
Of those of you forum members posting in this thread: who still wants to use Racing escs regularly with brush motors? Our Havoc Sport/Spec controllers---Havoc 1S, Havoc 2S and Havoc 3S----still offer a brush mode.

And our BL Goat 2S and 3S for Crawling have the brush mode. We no longer even manufacture brush-only racing controllers, although we still offer new reversible escs, such as our M2 Dig Dual Brush controller.

As I understand the situation, there is only so much capacity in the microprocessor; therefore, our designers have decided to commit this to expanding brushless features. We will update the Kinetic copy on our web-site to reflect this decision.
I know that we are looking for best in Brushless mode inside Kinetic
but without Brushed mode included inside Kinetic like you said so,
There would be no benefit to choose Novak Kinetic rather other Brand controller, and it's not gonna be Low Cost For Novak Consumers,

I have seen that no Goat/M2 Dig Dual Brush/Havoc 1S/2S/3S will satisfy our need, for example 3.5t

Novak repeating mistake is gonna happen again, Look Back
Where Havoc Pro Brushless ESC (#1735) is not even better than GTB, because it cannot use Brush Motor, like GTB.
and Havoc is not compatible with NOVA Link

We are looking for better Than GTB in Novak,
and we thought that Novak Kinetic is the right Solution.

THiS is My Suggestion For NOVAK :
IF Novak Problem is the limit inside Microcontroller capacity,
may Nova Link is supposed to be the Solution,
So we can Switch Novak Kinetic Between them (Brushless/Brushed)
by changing the firmware Through NOVA Link.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdminD
I know that we are looking for best in Brushless mode inside Kinetic
but without Brushed mode included inside Kinetic like you said so,
There would be no benefit to choose Novak Kinetic rather other Brand controller, and it's not gonna be Low Cost For Novak Consumers,

I have seen that no Goat/M2 Dig Dual Brush/Havoc 1S/2S/3S will satisfy our need, for example 3.5t

Novak repeating mistake is gonna happen again, Look Back
Where Havoc Pro Brushless ESC (#1735) is not even better than GTB, because it cannot use Brush Motor, like GTB.
and Havoc is not compatible with NOVA Link

We are looking for better Than GTB in Novak,
and we thought that Novak Kinetic is the right Solution.

THiS is My Suggestion For NOVAK :
IF Novak Problem is the limit inside Microcontroller capacity,
may Nova Link is supposed to be the Solution,
So we can Switch Novak Kinetic Between them (Brushless/Brushed)
by changing the firmware Through NOVA Link.
I can't think of a single type of 10th or 12th scale class that requires 3 cell to be compeditive. Not one. Let alone a 3 cell 3.5 turn motor. Novak has already said that the new speedo is for competition and not for bashing. Give it a rest...

And post back whatever you like. I can already tell that you will only complain and continue to complain/Troll on this thread. I won't be posting back on this.

Please, back to what the speedo can do for the racers. Features, performance and when can we get one...
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Yeah, I already tried getting through to this guy, he seems to want everything. The truth is, no competitive class uses 3S(unless we're talking 1/8th, which would use a whole different speedo anyways). And almost nobody competitive uses brushed motors(except if some still run 27t stock pan cars). If you're talking about 3S and a 3.5 it sounds like some grossly overpowered Mamba max 5700 on 3S could be just your thing, not a nice, smooth, competition level product such as the Novak Kinetic. And the Havoc Pro wasn't supposed to beat the GTB chief, the Havoc was the cheaper alternative to the GTB, and the Havoc Pro was just an improved upon Havoc, they still list the GTB as their flagship ESC.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Company Representative

The Havoc Pros offer the same performance (MOSFETS/on resistance) as the earlier GTBs with additional on-board programming options. And the Systems feature the new Ballistic motors.

Originally Posted by xtraman122
Yeah, I already tried getting through to this guy, he seems to want everything. The truth is, no competitive class uses 3S(unless we're talking 1/8th, which would use a whole different speedo anyways). And almost nobody competitive uses brushed motors(except if some still run 27t stock pan cars). If you're talking about 3S and a 3.5 it sounds like some grossly overpowered Mamba max 5700 on 3S could be just your thing, not a nice, smooth, competition level product such as the Novak Kinetic. And the Havoc Pro wasn't supposed to beat the GTB chief, the Havoc was the cheaper alternative to the GTB, and the Havoc Pro was just an improved upon Havoc, they still list the GTB as their flagship ESC.
The Kinetic is designed for Brushless motor/lipo racing applications.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
Old 11-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Hey NovakTwo, you might want to update your website to remove the reference to brushed in the first sentence. I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...tic/index.html
Old 11-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default KINETIC Brushed Mode Nova Link

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Ferraris are so stupid. I was going to get one but then I found out you can't carry a pallet of bricks in the back. Can you imagine? Why would a quality, reputable company like Ferrari come out with a car you can't use to carry a pallet of bricks????
Exactly that's what happen here with team NOVAK.

Originally Posted by gameover
Hey NovakTwo, you might want to update your website to remove the reference to brushed in the first sentence. I think that is where the confusion is coming from.

That it I don't think Bob Novak out of his mind, think Brushed mode is dead,
and build NovaLink Just for Programmable setting's. that can be done by button's on Kinetic.

NovakTwo asked bob how NOW!. How Novalink will help about microprocessor to allowed Novak Kinetic Brushed mode working, if microprocessor has limited capacity, by updating firmware method.
and i don't think NovakTwo understand deeper than Bob. asked bob first, then you will understand what i meant.

if those can't be done, i thinks the designer of Kinetic, is not good enough.

and I think this forum is useful for their input as well, not to argue.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by gameover

We are in the process of updating the copy to remove the "brush" reference and add info about the Kinetic's 1S capability.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We are in the process of updating the copy to remove the "brush" reference and add info about the Kinetic's 1S capability.
then add a reference to when i can sell my gtb...
Old 11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdminD
Exactly that's what happen here with team NOVAK.

That it I don't think Bob Novak out of his mind, think Brushed mode is dead,
and build NovaLink Just for Programmable setting's. that can be done by button's on Kinetic.

NovakTwo asked bob how NOW!. How Novalink will help about microprocessor to allowed Novak Kinetic Brushed mode working, if microprocessor has limited capacity, by updating firmware method.
and i don't think NovakTwo understand deeper than Bob. asked bob first, then you will understand what i meant.

if those can't be done, i thinks the designer of Kinetic, is not good enough.

and I think this forum is useful for their input as well, not to argue.
Wow, I have been reading this thread but these kinda post make my IQ drop!! I am personally glad that Novak is building a purpose built competition Brushless Only Speedo.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Release date?

I own a Havoc 17.5 system and race the RCGT series in Florida, I am need of a esc with the timing advance, was ready to purchase the SPX, now I really want to stay with Novak, how long is the wait? I do not want to continue to be at a disadvantage!
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Novak Kinetic Sensorless

Originally Posted by tallyrc
then add a reference to when i can sell my gtb...
Originally Posted by boyntoncyclone
I own a Havoc 17.5 system and race the RCGT series in Florida, I am need of a esc with the timing advance, was ready to purchase the SPX, now I really want to stay with Novak, how long is the wait? I do not want to continue to be at a disadvantage!
Kinetic had abilities not just Timing advance but also Dynamic advance.

NovakTwo you said that Novak Kinetic will also had no Sensorless Brushless Mode ? This will also reduce Novak Kinetic abilities.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

NovakTwo,

Not sure if this has been answered yet but will the new speed controller have a lower profile version too. It's pretty cramped in there under a 1/12th scale body.

I am thinking of a low profile heatsink or something like the 4cell GTB that just had the flat plate on it.

Thanks,
Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.